This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

I could sit here and bash the band and Axl, but I'm just over it at this point. Axl had plenty of chances to own shit over the last 10 years. It's clear who is responsible for the implosion of the old band, and the disintegration of the new one. Bands like Mastodon are just kicking ass right now, and basically making music and touring for their fans. I personally don't care about even hearing any of GNRs old songs at this point. If he can't reinvent himself then there is no point in carrying on with this band...especially when you don't put the effort in. I refuse to pay 90 to just hear the same old songs, which were more about the lineup that lived them.

They gotta be getting frustrated, playing the same songs for 10 years though. Especially Tommy.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could sit here and bash the band and Axl, but I'm just over it at this point. Axl had plenty of chances to own shit over the last 10 years. It's clear who is responsible for the implosion of the old band, and the disintegration of the new one. Bands like Mastodon are just kicking ass right now, and basically making music and touring for their fans. I personally don't care about even hearing any of GNRs old songs at this point. If he can't reinvent himself then there is no point in carrying on with this band...especially when you don't put the effort in. I refuse to pay 90 to just hear the same old songs, which were more about the lineup that lived them.

They gotta be getting frustrated, playing the same songs for 10 years though. Especially Tommy.

You know I often think, how do Stinson and Fortus stand it. Years without inaction, no promo for anything they do, basically just doing shows whenever Axl needs some cash. They are never kept in the loop with anything and only find out about things last minute. Basically get treated with complete contempt by Axl.

It's a paycheck. They get to travel the world, be in GNR which is something and play to a fanatical fanbase. I can see why they stay, it's just sad in some ways.

Edited by lespaul954

It was a free show. He missed his flight. It started to rain massively, and he still chose to play for everyone. They had technical troubles. It's called life people. You can't always get what you want. Under the circumstances, it was a decent show and a good starting point for the tour. He's only going to get better like he did in 2010. The only thing that worries me is his mental and physical health. When you are not physically prepared, it wares on you mentally. I know he'll be in decent shape by the end of the tour, I just hope he keeps himself happy.

Oh and please continue to play Estranged.

Edited by iftheworld

It was a free show. He missed his flight. It started to rain massively, and he still chose to play for everyone. They had technical troubles. It's called life people. You can't always get what you want. Under the circumstances, it was a decent show and a good starting point for the tour. He's only going to get better like he did in 2010. The only thing that worries me is his mental and physical health. When you are not physically prepared, it wares on you mentally. I know he'll be in decent shape by the end of the tour, I just hope he keeps himself happy.

Oh and please continue to play Estranged.

Major bands play rain or shine. I don't get why people keep on bringing rain into the equation. They are supposed to be pros, that's what separates them from your band down the street. It's how you perform in adverse conditions that dictates whether you deserve to be considered a 'legend'.

So when he gets in shape at he end of the tour, then has another year or more off, it's back to square one. He needs to be consistent.

It was a free show.

Free for those who paid to be there?

It doesn't matter if the show was free or not. Want people to come to your shows and buy your cd's and merch? Be a professional

They don't seem to be the ones complaining. If anything, they should complain that SOAD left the stage when GNR was scheduled to enter...

It was a free show.

It doesn't matter if the show was free or not. Want people to come to your shows and buy your cd's and merch? Be a professional

They don't seem to be the ones complaining. If anything, they should complain that SOAD left the stage when GNR was scheduled to enter...

They are giving non biased reviews on here, which tell it how it is....

I'm convinced that Axl was either on drugs or had too much oxygen and it went to his head. No other explanation.

In all seriousness, it was blatantly obvious he was hopped up on something. To me it looked like prescription meds. Ashba looked coked out of his mind too.

I quickly scanned through the some of the comments. Did no one else notice that Axl seldom left the stage? He seems to be there for all of Estranged and most of This I love. I'm up to part 8 (Better) and I believe he only left 5 times. Not 2 or three times a song. I think he is trying to do more. Maybe show off for Papa Beta?

Guest gunns5

papa beta put Axl off

I quickly scanned through the some of the comments. Did no one else notice that Axl seldom left the stage? He seems to be there for all of Estranged and most of This I love. I'm up to part 8 (Better) and I believe he only left 5 times. Not 2 or three times a song. I think he is trying to do more. Maybe show off for Papa Beta?

It was a free show.

How do you know they're not complaining? Because they showed a few fans hamming for the camera?

Someone who was at the show posted here yesterday and the review wasn't exactly glowing

Guest gunns5

It was a free show.

How do you know they're not complaining? Because they showed a few fans hamming for the camera?

Someone who was at the show posted here yesterday and the review wasn't exactly glowing

a few reviews have been posted from those who attended and their review echos what we saw in the stream.

its the same ol same ol with axl. quite sad. i love how everyone tries to make excuses for this guy..rain,teleprompter,monitors, technical issues, first show in a awhile blah blah fuckin blah blah. its all really just complete bull shit. he's lazy..ill repeat LAZY and fat, bloated, winded, diva, cry baby 50 yr old little prima donna bitch. when you need axl to step up with the odds against him he fails. and he will continue to fail because he's a failure. you know where axl would be if it wasnt for the old lineup?? anyone?? well, ill tell you. he would be exactly where and what he is today. a fat, bloated,winded, diva cry baby 50 yr old little prima donna bitch boy that wants to blame everything and everyone but himself for his own fuck ups and failures. that performance was as close to complete garbage as you'll ever get. the perfect storm of being lazy, un prepared and when things arent just right and you need to persevere he fucking throws a classic axl bitch boy temper tantrum. only now we all get to see the same ol cry baby bullshit from a 50 yr old fat man that cant even sing his own songs. go ahead gnr camp and blame it all on something or someone else. its as old and washed up as your singer

Hey Axl. You suck. Retire. You should. Good Bye. You'll be missed. Sort of.

its the same ol same ol with axl. quite sad. i love how everyone tries to make excuses for this guy..rain,teleprompter,monitors, technical issues, first show in a awhile blah blah fuckin blah blah. its all really just complete bull shit. he's lazy..ill repeat LAZY and fat, bloated, winded, diva, cry baby 50 yr old little prima donna bitch. when you need axl to step up with the odds against him he fails. and he will continue to fail because he's a failure. you know where axl would be if it wasnt for the old lineup?? anyone?? well, ill tell you. he would be exactly where and what he is today. a fat, bloated,winded, diva cry baby 50 yr old little prima donna bitch boy that wants to blame everything and everyone but himself for his own fuck ups and failures. that performance was as close to complete garbage as you'll ever get. the perfect storm of being lazy, un prepared and when things arent just right and you need to persevere he fucking throws a classic axl bitch boy temper tantrum. only now we all get to see the same ol cry baby bullshit from a 50 yr old fat man that cant even sing his own songs. go ahead gnr camp and blame it all on something or someone else. its as old and washed up as your singer

Feel better? Hope so for that pathetic and immature rant.

And people wonder why Axl doesn't interact more with the fans. Here's exhibit A.

Ali

Edited by Ali

You know I often think, how do Stinson and Fortus stand it. Years without inaction, no promo for anything they do, basically just doing shows whenever Axl needs some cash. They are never kept in the loop with anything and only find out about things last minute. Basically get treated with complete contempt by Axl.

It's a paycheck. They get to travel the world, be in GNR which is something and play to a fanatical fanbase. I can see why they stay, it's just sad in some ways.

You really think Axl needs the money?

You really think Axl needs the money?

I'm talking about it being a paycheck for the band. While we are on the topic, yes I actually do think Axl needs the money. Having CD in production for a decade doesn't do good for your bank account. It accrues fees. Remember Brain saying they have the record of being set up in a studio for the longest time. You think the studio let's them do that for free? The record company even had to put out a greatest hits just to try and pay some of the bills. So, although I wasn't talking about Axl, yes he does need the money aswell.

Thank you so much for making the time to post this. I sorry for all the money you have lost on this band because of Axl. I'm sorry that Axl Rose is such an inconvenience to your life. Now......go fuck yourself.