This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe you're willing to settle for such willful mediocrity.

I don't consider it "willful mediocrity". The fact that Axl expressed strong interest in performing at RIR suggests he really wanted to put on a great show. It didn't happen, but I don't know the reason for that. Everybody can have bad days at work, I did today. Nothing problematic about. Just be happy he is an entertainer and not a brain surgeon ;)

But how can I settle with supporting a band that performs badly on first shows on a general basis? The same way I settle with other negatives of being a GN'R fan (low productivity, late concert starts, etc): the positives outweigh the negatives.

Alot of people are getting fed up with the same old Axl antics though. Doesn't mean they are not fans, they separate the artist from the art. Granted some people are going overboard, but Axl is a professional musician who turned up unprepared and out of shape vocally, physically and mentally. He will improve as the tour goes on(that's if he doesn't cancel it after reading the huge backlash.....).

I think some of us have just finally gotten sick of Axl's bullshit.

This show was better than anything in 2001-2002

No way. Saw them in Boston and MSG and those two shows blew Rio 2011 out of the water. Yeah, he had the mickey mouse voice, but this was almost like watching the VMAs, the whole time you're watching Axl, you just want to take a deep fucking breath for him. Its hard to watch. Im def waiting to buy my Worcester and Conneticut tickets until I see how the tour works out. Almost bought them sunday morn. Glad I didnt..

Yeah..you saw him live as opposed to youtube...

Good comparison.

You stole my response. The people that were live at Rio say it was a great show too.

Nobody paid money to watch you do your job, I assume.

It's cool if you're ok with being shit on. To each his own.

How much did you pay?

Edited by Damn_Smooth

You honestly feel like you've been shit on? Wow. I guess you could find some artists who never put on a bad show and become fans of them? Because if you feel like being shit on every time GN'R under-performs then I guess your life must stink.

Yes, it was the worst show ever.

I've got plenty of bootlegs from the 90's, none of them is as pathetic as RIR 2011.

Deal with it.

> Hater

> Slash Signature

Oh yeah :rofl-lol:

I've been a Guns N'Roses fan for more than 20 years, so I don't care too much about people with "bumblecool" nicknames.

Glad you enjoyed my sig : it's not going to change anytime soon.

Glad you enjoyed the Superbowl. Any fan that's been around for 10 years knows that this was far from the worst show ever, so maybe you should quit lying and admit that Velvet Revolver introduced you to Gn'R.

Are you listening to yourself?

You're willing to settle for less. You don't care if Axl even tries. You accept it.

I've been making excuses for Axl's asshole-ish behavior for a long time. I'm tired of it.

So leave. I really don't understand why that is so hard for you.

90% of you people watched it via Youtube. Out of 9 people I talked to or heard saying they went to the concert, 7 enjoyed GnR.

Axl is a professional musician who turned up unprepared and out of shape vocally, physically and mentally.

He is only professional in the sense that he gets his living from his music, not in the sense that he has a professional attitude to what it means to be a musician and an entertainer. If so he would perform on time, not get in endless lawsuits, act professional towards other musicians and former band members, prepare sufficiently before concerts, be more open with fans and other band members, etc. etc.

Are you listening to yourself?

You're willing to settle for less. You don't care if Axl even tries. You accept it.

I've been making excuses for Axl's asshole-ish behavior for a long time. I'm tired of it.

It's not a matter of settle for less, it is a matter of settling with reality. Of course I wish GN'R performed better concerts, just as I wish I was 10 years younger, Beatles were still around and people weren't stupid. But accepting reality is not a question about settling for less, but living in the real world and saving energy on issues I can actually affect.

You have been making excuses for another person's assholi-sh behaviour? :shocked: Why on earth have you been you doing that? Assholi-sh behaviour shouldn't be excused.

No, you're the dumbass that's willing to accept a performance that was pure shit.

This is interesting. How are you going to go about "not accepting" it?

But that's what you're doing.

Not being prepared for a huge show? That's asshole-ish.

Going on stage two hours late? Asshole-ish.

Just because it "always" happens doesn't make it ok. It means he's "always" acting like a fucking asshole.

Uhm, you are confusing me with someone else because I have never excused Axl for being unprofessional. Not throwing Internet hissy fits or whine about things you can't affect is not the same as making excuses for the behaviour.

I'm going to repeat something I said the other day.

If Axl Rose took a huge steaming shit in your mouth and called it an Italian feast, you'd beg for seconds and swear it tasted of tiramisu.

Huh? Having an off night =/= shitting in my mouth.

That's the thing about the English language. Off night and mouth shit aren't synonyms.

I'm going to repeat something I said the other day.

If Axl Rose took a huge steaming shit in your mouth and called it an Italian feast, you'd beg for seconds and swear it tasted of tiramisu.

Now you are just being childish. I think you are unable to see the difference between those guys who said it was a great concert with Axl in top form! and us who agree it was a bad performance but doesn't look upon it as sufficiently problematic to act all pathetic about it.

Axl is a professional musician who turned up unprepared and out of shape vocally, physically and mentally.

He is only professional in the sense that he gets his living from his music, not in the sense that he has a professional attitude to what it means to be a musician and an entertainer. If so he would perform on time, not get in endless lawsuits, act professional towards other musicians and former band members, prepare sufficiently before concerts, be more open with fans and other band members, etc. etc.

Well people are catching on to his lack of professional attitude. I know you aren't vehemently defending him, I'm just trying to show you where some forum members are coming from. There is NO excuse for his performance. People expect a good show. I know if I paid money to see what what shown I would not be happy. I went and saw Slayer in 2009 and the lead singer had done his voice so they did a fucken instrumental show, was it out of his control? Yes. Were people at the show disappointed? Hell yes. Even though it wasn't his fault we weren't happy about it(we didn't hate on him though). Axl's situation is different as most of it was due to lack or preparation and discipline, it was in his control for the most part.

By not going to the shows I'd planned on, by not sticking up for Axl when people laugh at the mention of his name, and by fucking with his acolytes.

How is that "not accepting" that RIR was a bad performance?? What you are listing are just reactions to not longer being a fan, which is ironically an actualy consequence of accepting the fact that the negatives outweighs the positives. I don't think you are putting enough thinking into this.

And doesn't this mean that you are no longer a fan of GN'R and have better things to do than make a fool of yourself on a GN'R fan forum?

By not going to the shows I'd planned on, by not sticking up for Axl when people laugh at the mention of his name, and by fucking with his acolytes.

How is that "not accepting" that RIR was a bad performance?? What you are listing are just reactions to not longer being a fan, which is ironically an actualy consequence of accepting the fact that the negatives outweighs the positives. I don't think you are putting enough thinking into this.

And doesn't this mean that you are no longer a fan of GN'R and have better things to do than make a fool of yourself on a GN'R fan forum?

:thumbsup: