This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

I don't accept the man who played Rio 2011 as Axl Rose. It wasn't Axl, it was his shadow.

If that wasn't what you expected please adjust your expectations :)

Yeah. If you expected him to not suck, that's your problem.

Yeah, I know it sounds strange for fans, but we must be allowed to have some connection with reality, still. Guns N' Roses tends to not do well on the first show of a new tour. That is a statistical fact. You can close your eyes to it and dream otherwise, go ahead, but when you turn out to be wrong you have no one but yourself to blame for your unrealistic expectations.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok he needs to work on his voice but how many times have you seen him having to perform in terenchal rain? How can you compare this other performances? A few mistakes whilst performing in the pouring rain so what!! Whats wrong with you scrutinizers? At least they performed!!! Through 94-99-2003-2005-2006-2008 you were all bitching that he was nowhere to be seen. Why don't any of you lot try and go out and perform under that much pressure. See how you do!!! So he wasn't 100% and full of joy in the pissing rain all over the stage!! I'd be the same!! The guy is a 50 year old human being not a fuckin robot.

But you don't see a problem with that?

If it means that people respond realistically to what happens then I am all for it. We shouldn't be afraid to open up people's eyes to what is sub-optimal in this world, for instance. that Guns N' Roses rarely perform well at beginning of tours.

Personally I wish they did perform better at start of tours, of course, I wish Axl did rehearse with the band, I wish he did prepare sufficiently to be on par at first concerts, I wish they would debut new songs, and I wish I had more money on my account; but I have no problems with accepting that this isn't the case. If I had a problem with this I wouldn't be a fan and I would have stopped caring about the band ages ago. Because it is part of the package. And to those that finds this "unacceptable", well, I guess they will have to resolve this discrepancy between their false expectations and reality for themselves.

Edited by SoulMonster

I think some of us have just finally gotten sick of Axl's bullshit.

So leave, quit supporting the band and quit whining about it. This show was better than anything in 2001-2002 and no worse than Osaka 2009. The vocal performance was on par with Osaka, and even though he didn't skip the end of November Rain there, there were quite a few botched lyrics.

It's ridiculous how some people think the world will end if they're not here to bitch about Gn'R.

Excuses and justifications.

Nope, just facts.

You're ok with Axl's half-assed performance. You'll make excuses and try to build straw men to justify it.

I am not trying to justify it. I'm accepting it for what it was. You must not be a long time fan or you would realize it has been worse.

This show was better than anything in 2001-2002

No way. Saw them in Boston and MSG and those two shows blew Rio 2011 out of the water. Yeah, he had the mickey mouse voice, but this was almost like watching the VMAs, the whole time you're watching Axl, you just want to take a deep fucking breath for him. Its hard to watch. Im def waiting to buy my Worcester and Conneticut tickets until I see how the tour works out. Almost bought them sunday morn. Glad I didnt..

This show was better than anything in 2001-2002

No way. Saw them in Boston and MSG and those two shows blew Rio 2011 out of the water. Yeah, he had the mickey mouse voice, but this was almost like watching the VMAs, the whole time you're watching Axl, you just want to take a deep fucking breath for him. Its hard to watch. Im def waiting to buy my Worcester and Conneticut tickets until I see how the tour works out. Almost bought them sunday morn. Glad I didnt..

Yeah..you saw him live as opposed to youtube...

Good comparison.

Fair enough. But I also do some of you are overreacting as a consequence of being disappointed with RIR IV not being what you dreamed for, and that you will remain fans of GN'R when you see the expected improvement in show quality as the tour progresses.

Fair enough. But I also do some of you are overreacting as a consequence of being disappointed with RIR IV not being what you dreamed for, and that you will remain fans of GN'R when you see the expected improvement in show quality as the tour progresses.

You're right. I dreamed Axl wouldn't suck. I dreamed Axl would give a fuck. I dreamed Axl would maybe want to give the first two weeks worth of punters their fucking money's worth. But hey, I guess I live in a dream world.

Yes, it was the worst show ever.

I've got plenty of bootlegs from the 90's, none of them is as pathetic as RIR 2011.

Deal with it.

> Hater

> Slash Signature

Oh yeah :rofl-lol:

I've been a Guns N'Roses fan for more than 20 years, so I don't care too much about people with "bumblecool" nicknames.

Glad you enjoyed my sig : it's not going to change anytime soon.

You're right. I dreamed Axl wouldn't suck. I dreamed Axl would give a fuck. I dreamed Axl would maybe want to give the first two weeks worth of punters their fucking money's worth. But hey, I guess I live in a dream world.

I guess you did. Sorry to see you get this shocking awakening but sometimes reality is like a bucket of cold water on sweet dreamers.

Edited by SoulMonster

I can't believe you're willing to settle for such willful mediocrity.

I don't consider it "willful mediocrity". The fact that Axl expressed strong interest in performing at RIR suggests he really wanted to put on a great show. It didn't happen, but I don't know the reason for that. Everybody can have bad days at work, I did today. Nothing problematic about. Just be happy he is an entertainer and not a brain surgeon ;)

But how can I settle with supporting a band that performs badly on first shows on a general basis? The same way I settle with other negatives of being a GN'R fan (low productivity, late concert starts, etc): the positives outweigh the negatives.