This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

I promised myself I wouldn't jump in on this, but I've had it with you lot! :anger:

This topic is what happens when you put a bunch of wannabe idiots on the internet. You all think you're all that with your little sarcastic quips behind your keyboard where no one can see you! What exactly gives you the right to criticize someone who's done a fuck of a lot more with his life than all of you combined!?

D..., Its "harder" to read your comments (fucking seriously!) about Axl's performance than it was to actually watch it. Stop being so melo-goddamn-dramatic. It was pretty fucking good I thought! Especially considering the conditions!

Big deal, he fluffed a couple of lines and (knowing he's got a fucking tour coming up) didn't push his voice to the max straightaway. He sounded like he did at RIR3, which, being 10 years ago isn't bad! I also knew if I was there I would have enjoyed it a fuck-of-a-lot more, having seen Gn'R twice and having the utmost time of my life both times! I only wish they played Estranged at THOSE shows!

Axl is nearly 50 years old, and in the early days he was killing his throat with his singing style and no in-ear-monitors. He might have sounded kick-ass then, but why don't you try doing that for 25 years and see where your voice ends up!? If he wasn't "trying" (Sonny Largo), it was probably because he fucking knew there was a tour after this, didn't wanna fuck his voice up, it was pissing down with rain, and he knows that somewhere there are always dickhead forum members and paparazzi looking to slate him, as well as a fuckload of people wanting him to reunite with his mortal enemy. Think about that for a second, and imagine how you would feel. (Imagine being forced to get back with a particularly hateful ex).

Fuck I love Axl and the current band but this is ridiculous.

If anyone is melodramatic it's you and the band of sorry cunts unable to accept the fact that Axl fucked this up and that it's his fault.

They were HEADLINING the biggest festival in the world. Why did Metallica sound very good while Axl struggled? Are they much younger? Why did fucking Lemmy sound awesome compared to Axl? Sure Axl's singing is more difficult and there was the rain but come on, he was fucking unprepared. It's ridiculous on such a stage and that's all there is to it. He is fully capable of a GREAT performance, he proved it last year, so why should he be praised for a mediocre one?

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Imagine being forced to get back with a particularly hateful ex).

So...you want me to imagine I'm Stephanie Seymour?

Hey, when are you going to take the consequences of not being a fan and stop making a fool of yourself by posting on a fan forum? :rofl-lol:

I'm not sure what you mean. "Take the consequences"?

You are completely delusional.

Keep making excuses if you want.

Hey, when are you going to take the consequences of not being a fan and stop making a fool of yourself by posting on a fan forum? :rofl-lol:

this ain't HTGTH, where there is only one view.

Of course there are room for many views here, but why would a non-fan waste his time posting on a particular fan forum? I mean, besides being a loser.

THE_Baby, I understand your rage, but I'm not someone to vent my spleen on a keyboard. I hated typing this topic. However I think it needs to be done, I know that one way or another, Axl will get the bad feedbacks from the show, and he needs to have them because it will have him move his ass. Right now, he doesn't to be told it was a good show, because it was a catastrophee on his part -and he's the central piece of the band, hence, the show was a catastrophee because he messed up so bad. If people always tell you how great you look and sound, you finish to perform under your actual level - this is for people with some ambition of course, for depressive people, I don't think it works, but I think Axl is a fighter, his numerous rants have proved it.

Axl has indeed accomplished more than I have and ever will, you're totally right. He's a legend too. And I think he could accomplish much more. He has magic inside him that can change things in the world on their level. But seeing a defeatist Axl, sulking, forgetting lyrics, without voice, not in shape, is making me and a lot of GNR fans lose some motivation because we can't accept seeing what we judge one of the finest guys on this planet downgrade this much. It's as simple as that.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, I understand your point of view and the point of view who only want to spread positive waves, but sometimes you got to be negative. I was told some of the things I had done sucked and worked my ass out to make them better. Some think it still suck and I will keep working and digging to make it better. That's how it works in my opinion.

Also, don't forget it's not Here today Gone to Hell here. There is democracy and everyone can express his opinion.

I am not sure I can dumb it down anymore since it was clearly stated in the later half of my sentence. Where is that facepalm smiley??

Of course there are room for many views here

then, is it not possible that folks didn't dig the show? DESPITE being fans of the albums and the songs? Is not possible to like those, and still disapprove of the performance and the apparent lack of preparation? You trying to paint something as either black or white, and it's neither...

Edited by moreblack

I am not sure I can dumb it down anymore since it was clearly stated in the later half of my sentence. Where is that facepalm smiley??

The creator of this thread is correct. It was a complete disaster! So bad. Sad. Not even Estranged, which was musically impresive, could salvage the night. Fingers crossed that such a demoralizing performance inspires Axl to really whip his ass in shape and never take anything like that for granted ever again.

Of course there are room for many views here

then, is it not possible that folks didn't dig the show? DESPITE being fans of the albums and the songs? Is not possible to like those, and still disapprove of the performance and the apparent lack of preparation? You trying to paint something as either black or white, and it's neither...

I think you must confuse me with someone else. Of course it is possible to not dig the show, I didn't like it particularly myself. What I have been saying is that it was AS BAD as some people here claim it was. What I have also been stressing is that people who aren't fans of the band, and say so themselves, surely could find better things to do than make fools of themselves on a fan forum.

personally, i have to say axls voice was as good as it ever is for a first show, if not a little better

he actually looks like he's lost 10-15 pounds to me since last tour.

the lyric fuckups.. theres no excuse for that..but its the first show.. things will get better.

There is no fucking way they should have sounded that shitty having know about this gig for over 6 months - it kind of reminds me of the 15 years we were waiting for Democracy and all of axl's ass-wipers and excuse makers were making excuses that axl's such a fucking perfectionist and that's why the album took 15 yrs to release - well obviously, that's not the case at all but a rather conveniant excuse

There is no fucking way they should have sounded that shitty having know about this gig for over 6 months - it kind of reminds me of the 15 years we were waiting for Democracy and all of axl's ass-wipers and excuse makers were making excuses that axl's such a fucking perfectionist and that's why the album took 15 yrs to release - well obviously, that's not the case at all but a rather conveniant excuse

First of all, it didn't take 15 years to complete.

No one was waiting for another album after UYI, or TSI?

They weren't working on another album after UYI and TSI?

Therefore, no one was 'waiting'.

Maybe the most anyone can say they waited for Chinese Democracy was 7 or 8 years, the most they can say they waited for a new GNR album was 9 years (2000 Intentions).

Dizzy was a hot mess on his piano solo. He hit more bum notes than Axl. At least Axl was playing the right chords, albeit in the wrong key.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how the fuck do you play the right chord in the wrong key?...

LA

I think he means the piano was out of tune, so while he was hitting he right keys, the wrong chords came out.

But that sentence confused me, too...

Dizzy was a hot mess on his piano solo. He hit more bum notes than Axl. At least Axl was playing the right chords, albeit in the wrong key.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how the fuck do you play the right chord in the wrong key?...

LA

Very easily. Nov Rain is played in the key of C, it sounded to me as if Axl got distracted, forgot the words and got flustered so then started playing the song in a different key.