This Rio show was a complete DISASTER

D..

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I have ever heard them sound that good...

I hope you get well someday :)

http://www.crackcocainerecovery.com

Shouldn't you be off this forum considering we made a deal that if Guns showed up to Rio you would leave?

Guns N' Roses didn't show up, Fake GNR did. Huge difference.

Good one idiot.

Edited by Young_Gun

Well no rant, no nothing except Estranged. A "surprise" doesn't make up for a fucking huge amateurism that Axl showed tonight. Worst vocals ever (2001 terrible voice back again), wrong lyrics, auto-pilot setlist (TWAT and Prostitute were planned.. lol). You don't do Rock in Rio when you're this unprepared. Evanescence was 1000 times better than GNR. Don't get me wrong: DJ was amazing (out of all 3 guitarists, he's the most pro, he brought a new solo because he KNOWS IT'S A FUCKING NEW TOUR. Heads up DJ), Bumblefoot fucking nailed all of his parts amazing as hell considering his state, Fortus rocks as ever, and the rest of the band was pretty square as well.

But Axl sucked balls. Terribly out of shape (it's like we're back in 2009 when he was forgivable considering what happened with the CD release and all the trials and shit that happened to him), terribly out of tune, he totally butchered November Rain, his own song, a song he has played hundreds of times before, even the band didn't understand what the fuck he was doing. I gotta admit I was impressed he got everything right about Estranged (except the sighs and little sounds he used to do but can't blame him since it's been so long) but on all of the other songs, it's like he didn't rehearse shit.

I'm one of GNR most hardcore fans, I defended them throughout ALL TOUR last year as you know, because there were surprises, good vocals and given the mess that was the CD release, i forgave Axl.

But Axl had A FULL YEAR to prepare for Rock in Rio, nothing was stopping him from being great. Instead it's like he waited the very last moment to rehearse Estranged (twice according to him) and looks like he didn't use his voice at all this year.

He let his voice die once again. He completely RUINED everything for the upcoming US tour. He looks really bad, this facelift/botox whatever it is doesn't help, but damn HIT THE GYM like every other major singer does, look at Steven Tyler for christ's sake, one of your models, older than you are. I don't understand what's in his head. If he doesn't seriously hit the gym and train his vocals, then GNR is fucking over. If Axl succeeded in maintaining GNR alive, it's because he's always kept some edge, some rants, something that make him be Axl. Even in 2001, his physical shape and rants did make up for the terrible vocals. Here, there was absolutely nothing to back up the voice catastrophee.

This show was exactly the same as any of the show last year except there was estranged and the vocals were a lot worse. How can y ou set on a new tour when you don't totally renew your setlist and intentions?

And where are the rants? Axl is slowly vanishing from the face of the earth. He appears to live safe at home with Beta and he's forgotten the danger. GNR spirit is dying. I don't even recognizing him physically. I'm fucking disappointed. I'd rate this show 2 stars out of 5, one being for Estranged and one for the amazing band that DO practice the songs and rock like hell. But overall, let's be honest, it was a BAD show, BAD vocals, WRONG lyrics, NO surprise, it's unforgivable for an event such as Rock in Rio.

Axl, you've become a fucking amateur. You were such a pro back in the days, playing Coma out of nowhere, and now you can't even play november rain properly. Fucking disappointment. I hate myself for writing this, I should probably shut the fuck up, deal with it and forget for GNR and just wait for an hypothetical CD II with buckethead leftovers.

But GNR's records aren't as important for me as Axl's attitude and Axl's spirit. GNR to me has always been about attitude, fucking the establishment and putting up a great show with professionalism and a sense of perfection. Look at Estranged played in Tokyo in 1992. Damn it was pristine.

Now, on every single song, there's a lyric forgotten or Axl's voice isn't there. It's a catastrophee. Axl is totally losing it. Retiring now would be better or fucking train and rehearse like fuck for months before going on a tour. Look at Evanescence, it was perfect. She trained well. Having the GNR legacy doesn't excuse everything. How perfect GNR was in the 80's and 90's don't excuse everything. Life is about work, hard work, perfectionism, rage. Axl, you're losing it.

hy·per·bo·le

   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA

noun Rhetoric .

obvious and intentional exaggeration.

an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Show wasn't horrid, but it was far from good. The people still gave their all for them though. KOHD I thought was probably the best they did that night, n it seemed axl got his frustration over the NR out near the end of it(KOHD). But rain wouldn't of affected his vocals that bad... I know that if I haven't picked up n practiced in a few months my voice goes down the same road his was on tonight. Hopefully a lesson was learned from tonight, bit one should never had to of happened in the first place. I hope the rest of the tour goes better.

Can't believe some of you people are still making excuses for him. STILL after all of these years. Axl did not prepare for this show, for whatever reason, he didn't. Just watch how many times he has to look at the monitor.

Also, as far as the rain goes. Real bands with professional front men take what the opportunity gives them and run with it. I've been to concerts where it's started to poor and the bands usually say fuck it and put on a hell of a show, equipment problems be damned. Hell look at Woodstock 94. Fact is all of the band members except Axl are putting their hearts into this band and their performances. Axl is on cruise control. I'm now ashamed that I've got tickets to see them again. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the shows are cancelled. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if they tour and put on an amazing show.

Shouldn't you be off this forum considering we made a deal that if Guns showed up to Rio you would leave?

:rofl-lol: poor hater .... you sound like you're eating mud :tongue2:

:kiss: im sorry for you .... you look like lost, you'll find a place in the world soon ... i promise ..try to buy a life :rolleyes:

the show was great ... I enjoy to tears ... especially for estranged :wub:

Axl sounds and looks soooooo goood!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Angeles_

After watching a few youtube vids of the show I will say this. Yes, Axl's voice did not sound the best at all. Yes, it was refreshing to hear Axl sing Estranged again after all these years and I do think the rest of the band performed very, very well. I agree Axl's performance sucked, but be happy. At least he didn't throw his mic down storm off stage and cause a riot. That is the last thing we need at a Guns show. Yes, from his facial expressions I could see that he was pissed throughout the show, but at least he didn't storm off stage. At least people got to see the band play.

Edited by Death Star

Just watched a couple youtubes and they didn't sound like a "disaster", many people say the live streaming sound sucked (I didn't stay awake so I missed the show at RIR youtube channel). Some people that have been there said the show was okay. What I noticed on he Estranged vid was that it was raining a lot and the stage floor was completely wet, so I'm glad they did perform in spite of the shitty weather

Just watched a couple youtubes and they didn't sound like a "disaster", many people say the live streaming sound sucked (I didn't stay awake so I missed the show at RIR youtube channel). Some people that have been there said the show was okay. What I noticed on he Estranged vid was that it was raining a lot and the stage floor was completely wet, so I'm glad they did perform in spite of the shitty weather

People need to quit using the rain as an excuse. It could have been 73 with a slight breeze and NOTHING would have changed. Old GnR kicked ass in rain as do most bands still do...U2, Bruce, Bon Jovi, Crue, AC/DC, etc.... Axl just has lost all interest.

People need to quit using the rain as an excuse. It could have been 73 with a slight breeze and NOTHING would have changed. Old GnR kicked ass in rain as do most bands still do...U2, Bruce, Bon Jovi, Crue, AC/DC, etc.... Axl just has lost all interest.

I'm not using the rain as an excuse, as a matter of fact I use things as an excuse only to excuse myself not someone else! Just said I've noticed the heavy rain and I'm glad they have played in spite of that. They could have suspended the show and they didn't.

What a dork...Axl sounds goooddd whoaaaaauuuu...go fuck yourself, Axl did and embarasing job....

What's your problem dude? You can't blame someone for having a different opinion, she likes how he sounds and how he looks so what? :anger:

Yes but i dont think Pre 93 GNR put up with that much rain.

:rofl-lol: poor hater .... you sound like you're eating mud :tongue2:

:kiss: im sorry for you .... you look like lost, you'll find a place in the world soon ... i promise ..try to buy a life :rolleyes:

the show was great ... I enjoy to tears ... especially for estranged :wub:

Sooooo goood? You must be tone deaf or just plain stupid. Axl's voice haven't been this bad YEARS!

Live stream audio does not make a good performance sound bad, stop reaching.

Watch a fan made video from last night and you will hear the band sounds fine. The stream sucked big time.

So the fan made stream doesn't have him off key,out of breath and basically half assing it?

Better than this: in the fan made stream, Axl doesn't forget the words on November Rain and sings at the end of the song!!! How the fuck didn't the Rio cameras take that??