Axl Rose Hires Famous Brazilian Personal Trainer

Cosmo

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but,but he's not fat. he looks like most average 50 year olds.... :rolleyes:

Are you actually disputing that? I'd wager he is actually in better shape than the average 50 year old American man.

Ali

What does 'American' have to do with it? Plenty of lazy, fat asses over in EU/UK too. How can anyone dispute he's fat/bloated? JFC open your eyes.

A) Axl's American. Many American adult men are overweight. It's something of a national problem. Axl's almost 50 years old. It's about relativity. B) I never said anything about his weight or disputed that he may be overweight. Don't know where you got that from :shrugs:

Are you actually disputing that? I'd wager he is actually in better shape than the average 50 year old American man.

Ali

He's a rock star. Rock stars are not fat and certainly not average American men lol.

Good to hear if it's true.

Rock stars are not fat or overweight/bloated? Duff must have missed that memo in the early 90's. Same thing with Meat Loaf, Scott Stapp and Rob Thomas. They're human, so human issues are not beyond them.

I really don't get it why people have the need to say "he's human" over and over after RIR. Sure he's human, rockstars are human, they're not fucking Martians. The image of a fatass is not really what comes to mind when you think of a rockstar now does it?

I mean really, do you think of Axl as an average middle aged man? Sure, he's a man and he's middle aged but he's Axl fucking Rose.

Do you really not get it? The problem with the image you described is that it isn't reality. It's a distortion. I just listed several rock stars that have had issues with their weight over the years, just like regular people (aka humans). It's not unheard of. That's reality, not your "image" of a rock star.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ali

He's a rock star. Rock stars are not fat and certainly not average American men lol.

Rock stars are not fat or overweight/bloated? Duff must have missed that memo in the early 90's. Same thing with Meat Loaf, Scott Stapp and Rob Thomas. They're human, so human issues are not beyond them.

Ali

I really don't get it why people have the need to say "he's human" over and over after RIR. Sure he's human, rockstars are human, they're not fucking Martians. The image of a fatass is not really what comes to mind when you think of a rockstar now does it?

I mean really, do you think of Axl as an average middle aged man? Sure, he's a man and he's middle aged but he's Axl fucking Rose.

I agree... he's human but you can't compare him to the "average" middle aged person... unlike the average middle aged person, he's rich and has the resources and time to get a personal trainer and workout daily.. most people don't have that luxury. Too bad he obviously didn't chose to do that before Rio.

Ali

Do you really not get it? The problem with the image you described is that it isn't reality. It's a distortion. I just listed several rock stars that have had issues with their weight over the years, just like regular people (aka humans). It's not unheard of. That's reality, not your "image" of a rock star.

Ali

Yeah man I do get it, it's totally obvious.

Let me explain. Do you think Meat Loaf (let's leave his music aside, but he was mentioned earlier) with his fat ass looks like a prototypical rockstar? Probably not. Sure the "prototypical rockstar" is just an "image" but it's in our heads. When you think "rockstar" you think "badass", not "Meat Loaf fat". People don't (or at least didn't) think of real rockstars as mere mortals, they are something more, forces of nature, idols. This image is partly what makes rock what it is. That's why I said a rockstar is not an average Joe.

Edited by zbyram

Ali

Ali

Yeah man I do get it, it's totally obvious.

Let me explain. Do you think Meat Loaf (let's leave his music aside, but he was mentioned earlier) with his fat ass looks like a prototypical rockstar? Probably not. Sure the "prototypical rockstar" is just an "image" but it's in our heads. When you think "rockstar" you think "badass", not "Meat Loaf fat". People don't (or at least didn't) think of real rockstars as mere mortals, they are something more, forces of nature, idols. This image is partly what makes rock what it is. That's why I said a rockstar is not an average Joe.

You're taking an extreme example, though. Scott Stapp and Rob Thomas are successful frontmen that by and large have been in good shape throughout their careers, but have had periods where they have struggled. There are no absolutes and "badass rockstars" are not above some of the struggles that the rest of us are subject to.

Ali

Guest gunns5

Axl has a Brasilian Army in the gnr family now, hopefully he is fit and ready for tonight show

Yeah, I don't think his conditioning will change in a couple days that much.

Ali

I just hope he has a better attitude, if things go wrong tonight, play on don't let it ruin the show Axl

I always wondered why Axl never got into Jiu Jitsu, with the whole Brazilian connection. From personal experience, if he trained every day, he'd start looking lean again in 2-4 weeks. This is the type of training that could have him looking lean and slender like the old Axl. Hopefully he lays off the steaks and maybe even hires a nutritionist to get him ready for the US leg.

Guest ben9785

Good for him.. It's a good workout and the Royce family are obviously on top of what they do.

Aside from concerts or fans it's just good for him to improve his own health and body.

Edited by ben9785