OCT 8th 2011 - Estadio Único de La Plata La Plata, Argentina - UPDATES

bumblecool

I just want to say that I was very happy for this concert has been broadcast in real time over the internet. Only a few days after the transmission of RIR through youtube, we had another broadcast, and that makes me wonder if this could happen more regularly.

I would now like to draw your attention to this topic:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=179019&st=0&gopid=2930165entry2930165

Are you guys kidding? Still Mickey Mouse mode all the way. The band plays tight as fuck, but that voice is NOTHING compared to last year. What happened?

YCBM 2010, rocked n fucking rolled:

Sounds like a lot more rasp in 2010 or something. Is it the sound guys? Is it Axl? They need to figure out how to get back to that 2010 place, because what we have heard so far from these Oct2011 performances vocal wise is unfortunately crap.

• Like 1

Nice pictures AGS. I got a Canon S95 before I went to the UK, and can't wait to give it a shot at GN'R, shoots great in the intense light shows due to the 2.0 aperture. I'll have plenty of pictures of this quality to post after Wilkes-Barre/Albany:

6128216247_defdc9ddcc_z.jpg

shoot in RAW mode. get yourself a nice card though. 16gb or something

Are you guys kidding? Still Mickey Mouse mode all the way. The band plays tight as fuck, but that voice is NOTHING compared to last year. What happened?

YCBM 2010, rocked n fucking rolled:

Sounds like a lot more rasp in 2010 or something. Is it the sound guys? Is it Axl? They need to figure out how to get back to that 2010 place, because what we have heard so far from these Oct2011 performances vocal wise is unfortunately crap.

He's got that thin, weak, squeal like 2002 voice on YCBM. Although I didn't mind NR from this show, his upper register lacks that rasp.

If the upgrade from Rio to now has been this drastic then lets hope that its a good indication of how his voice will improve by the time we get a few weeks in.

Maybe I'm hearing something different, but, to me, he sounds exactly the same as he did at Rio. The only difference has been that his voice is drowned out by crowd noise at the other shows, so you don't hear how off he really is. On most shows, since 2001, when you hear Axl without the crowd drowning him out, he's a little Vince Neilish.

Nice pictures AGS. I got a Canon S95 before I went to the UK, and can't wait to give it a shot at GN'R, shoots great in the intense light shows due to the 2.0 aperture. I'll have plenty of pictures of this quality to post after Wilkes-Barre/Albany:

6128216247_defdc9ddcc_z.jpg

shoot in RAW mode. get yourself a nice card though. 16gb or something

I always shoot concerts in RAW :thumbsup:

If the upgrade from Rio to now has been this drastic then lets hope that its a good indication of how his voice will improve by the time we get a few weeks in.

Maybe I'm hearing something different, but, to me, he sounds exactly the same as he did at Rio. The only difference has been that his voice is drowned out by crowd noise at the other shows, so you don't hear how off he really is. On most shows, since 2001, when you hear Axl without the crowd drowning him out, he's a little Vince Neilish.

Bingo. Everyone who's saying "it's getting better!" is just starting to accept the Mickey Mouse voice again. It's sickening, and I really can't believe how much you people hang off of his hangers.