DJ Ashba: "My plan is to release the best GNR album ever. I know we can do it"

Guest Gunns

If Ashba can get Axl to release more music he will be the most beloved of all GN'R. Could he be our Rock and Roll Messiah?

It's Bubmblefoot who's better suited to be a messiah. Sometimes when I look at him, it strikes me that he's able to raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, walk on water, and whatnot. :D

That's because he looks like the Anglo-Saxon version of Jesus. The real Jesus would have looked more like Bin Laden.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think he meant any offense and was just excited, but there's no reason for an artist to state they are going to create the "biggest and best" album, especially when referencing a catalog with such iconic albums as Appetite and the Illusions. Axl probably had more than enough of that pressure with the making of CD and has finally rid himself of that monkey , so not only does it sound flat out naive and silly for Ashba to say, it's the last thing Axl needs at this point.

Just let your work do the talking and be respectful, not giddy/childish...

You do realize this is just rock and roll we are talking about, right? They are not scientists and doctors trying to cure cancer.

Somebody you people are so cynical.

I think EVERY band should try and beat their prior albums. And I'm glad GnR has somebody enthusiastic and willing to accept the challenge. I would hate it if the band was "well appetite was one of the greatest albums ever, so let's not even attempt to match that. Let's just be happy with an average album, full of average songs. Let's not shoot for greatness.Let's settle for average."

I dont know why some of u have to take a negative spin on everything.

Man, not being cynical and even started my post saying Ashba didn't seem malicious. But to all you saying "Well, what's he supposed to say, that they are going to deliver a mediocre album or an album less than Appetite", why openly invite ANY comparison? He's the brand new guy in a legendary band and it just sounds silly and out of place for him to be talking about topping their prior albums. Now, if Axl wants to do that, he's entitled, but he's also smarter than that. It's art, not a contest, so just make the best album you can and let everyone else judge it later.

Whatever, though, truly could care less... :xmassrudolph:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

And for Axl to help DJ reach the vision of making the best GnR album ever, he'll have to come up wit something 10000 x better than his current vocal abilities... :confused:

No offense, but I think you're being overly dramatic based on one bad performance. I think there has been a marked and noticeable improvement from show one to shows two and three. Plus, you have to be aware of the fact that when you're not moving around on the stage and can focus 100% on singing alone, your breath support and control will be much better. Hence, your vocals will be better.

Ali

Edited by Ali

I very much doubt "we" is the majority of this forum.

Also, stop trying to be so interesting.

I don't really care what you've heard, for most people here it's assumptions assumptions assumptions.

I can't help but be interesting, Madison. I didn't choose this.

Pretty much banned by axl. She was a mod or whatever and was somewhat like groghan you could sa. A devout follower and believer in nu gnr but was critical as well. She was just more well known and connected I guess you could say, more outspoken as well. Axl came to the forums called her a cunt and all this garbage and she got banned.

Axl should have been banned fr the personal attack lol. Oh, the irony.

She wouldn't let people here talk about Buckethead's playing shortly after Chinese Democracy was released just because she didn't like him.

I feel like Axl just said what many people here thought if I'm being honest.

Good memory Rovim. This is the reason for Axl's outburst and I don't blame him one bit.

Edited by ashysdad

If Ashba can get Axl to release more music he will be the most beloved of all GN'R. Could he be our Rock and Roll Messiah?

It's Bubmblefoot who's better suited to be a messiah. Sometimes when I look at him, it strikes me that he's able to raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, walk on water, and whatnot. :D

actually, he does kind of give off a george harrison vibe. Actually, I'm going to start a new topic about that.

While I really don't think that DJ can make a GNR record better than Slash/Izzy or Bucket/Robin, just the fact that he says something like this in public and has the drive and ambition to do so is refreshing and exciting. For the last 18 years or so we've heard nothing from band members. Bucket and Robin were just as media unfriendly as Axl, maybe even more so. Axl at least did a rare magazine interview or public appearance. Now we have DJ on a regular basis talking about future plans for the band and new music (whether they happen or not is obviously always a question) and Ron being super open and accessible to fans even when he's in severe pain and should be anywhere else. It's awesome even if there isn't new music. Such a huge change from everything post-1993.

I very much doubt "we" is the majority of this forum.

Also, stop trying to be so interesting.

I don't really care what you've heard, for most people here it's assumptions assumptions assumptions.

I can't help but be interesting, Madison. I didn't choose this.

You're really not as good at it as you might think.

Also, way clever, the Madison remark there.

Almost as clever as you are interesting.

If they're going to do an album they need to record the cunt over a couple of months at the MOST, otherwise it's going to sound like the incoherent, mixed up, jumble of bollocks that is Chinese Democracy.

Everyone loves AFD because it sounds like an album. It has a couple of bum tracks on it, but overall it's pretty cool all the way though. It's a block of music that came from the same place by the same people.

They need to do that again with this new band to get some kind of credibility and positive feedback again. Doesn't matter if the songs are new or old, get the people who are in the band now to record them fresh.

Get Axl to sing with the new band NOW (not make a patchwork of different vocals over a decade) and delvier an album that sounds at least a bit like a band playing in your room. The emotionless perfection that came from CD kills the majority of the songs.

the best gnr record ever has already been released?

that's Greatest Hits but The Best Of has not been released yet..... they can do it. /joke

i was thinkin afd, but that works to.

Appetite is better than greatest hits. For 1 reason.

Nightrain

Username is not Madison. I've been on the forum since 2002 and never in a million years would put those two posters as being the same person.

I've actually spent a long time fighting her thread after thread. :lol:

If we were the same person, that'd be the worst case of schizophrenia ever. :P

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

whats with the hand>?

Are you serious? Expressing reluctance regarding Estranged and now an obliviousness to the hand? Worst mod ever.