Tomorow Is The 3 Year Anniversary of CD

answerisyes

leaks and live versions of the songs that were 10x better than the album

Opinions are like assholes they say.

I prefer the album over any leaks.

You prefer the album version of Catcher over the leak with Brian May? Album version of Prostitute over the leak? Album version of Maddy over the (first) leak?

You prefer the album version of Catcher over the leak with Brian May? Album version of Prostitute over the leak? Album version of Maddy over the (first) leak?

Prostitute '99 leaked? Have I missed something? If you're talking about the 'New Song #2' leak, it's basically the same that's on the album, or at least that's my opinion.

No Prostitute from 1999 never leaked (I wish). I'm talking about this one.

I know it is pretty similiar to the album. I can't pin exactly why I prefer this version to the album version (which I can't say for the rest of the leaks I'm talking about). I just do.

I'm still kinda surprised it was ever released.

Me, too. I didn't know about any of the leaks until recently, so I always thought it was this mythical entity. In fact, a week ago was the third anniversary of me making a bet about Chinese Democracy never getting released. One week later, I owed my mom $10,000. O_o I had no idea there was a release date for ChiDem.

will someone please post valid youtube links of the original leaked versions of the songs? i only ask for links because i am having a hard time fidning the leaked versions when i do a search. i would love to listen and compare them to the album versions of the songs. gracias. :)

I remember being pleased to see a line-up outside my local HMV of eagar fans waiting to get the album. I joined in the line and it was cool to see a range of ages from people who had literally waited since the Illusions to people around my age who just wanted some damn good music. I got a t-shirt with it too. ;)

will someone please post valid youtube links of the original leaked versions of the songs? i only ask for links because i am having a hard time fidning the leaked versions when i do a search. i would love to listen and compare them to the album versions of the songs. gracias. :)

Someone posted this link recently. Kudos to them for compiling all the leaks together in one spot.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mhnfx969f65m8

So what's next? CD released, world toured, stable line up.

All signs point to new music being released.

Not according to Axl, Stinson and Dizzy........Axl said he would like to do somthing in the future meaning they have not done anything yet and Stinson and Dizzy have both stated that the rest of the ChiDem leftovers are not finished product so not sure what makes you think anything is eminent?

I don't think he feels like discussing it until he's off the road and can refocus on it. It seems like the past year he prob. dealt with a bunch of legal stuff, but I'm sure he revisited some of the songs when he had DJ listening to it, and was prob. taking mental notes on what songs to work on next year. This leg of the tour was delayed due to the Azoff stuff, even though it was handled by lawyers and took 5 minutes to resolve, but I'm sure if he hadn't gotten into the pissing contest,this would've been the tour to happen after Xmas break. They wanted to play the US, even though they knew going in it wasn't going to be full of people, but just to play the songs since the CD came out. I think that's great if you live in a place where the shows were sold out, to fly up and see a show in the states.

Once they're off the road, they're prob. going to take a shorter break, then the rumors will start - it'll be band member change rumors, going in the studio rumors, & RRHOF rumors if they get selected. To me, if Axl shows up, it'll be because the ChiDem musicians credited were inducted, too. If they want Axl there, all eras that recorded in GNR would be there.

So what's next? CD released, world toured, stable line up.

All signs point to new music being released.

Not according to Axl, Stinson and Dizzy........Axl said he would like to do somthing in the future meaning they have not done anything yet and Stinson and Dizzy have both stated that the rest of the ChiDem leftovers are not finished product so not sure what makes you think anything is eminent?

Logic points to new music and not a painful period of silence. Do you really think Ashba and Ron are going to wait around with thumbs up their asses?

I think Ron is looking forward to the break just to deal with his nagging injuries, but he's a pro, and is doing his best not to let that interfere with his playing. Ashba's got different projects, but I'm pretty sure Ashba and not just any MI/Berklee gunslinger out of school who looks the part was picked. Some lead singers would've plucked kids out of those schools because it's cost effective, and would've been good on their resume, but odds are they would've gone on to another band once they had money in their pocket. He could've just done a Craigslist cattle call and auditioned thousands of kids if he wanted to. All of them were from word of mouth, friends of friends, I'm sure some of us have 6 degrees of separation to GNR through musician friends and producers.

Poc is unsigned and Ron got her to open some GNR shows, so it's good to know those guys, even if it's in passing. If they think you're good, it could lead to bigger things, and if it means one or two people in an audience of thousands, that's 1 or 2 more than you had that morning.