Civil War live in Nashville FULL SONG 720p 5th Row!

Verruckt

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this and Estranged just added to the set to sell tickets? Judging by the fact they had to cancel two shows and having to do half price tickets on groupon?

I remember the 2006 US tour not doing as well as expected. GNR's market is certainly in Europe, heres hoping for Civil War and Estranged to be played in Europe next year.

Was this and Estranged just added to the set to sell tickets? Judging by the fact they had to cancel two shows and having to do half price tickets on groupon?

I remember the 2006 US tour not doing as well as expected. GNR's market is certainly in Europe, heres hoping for Civil War and Estranged to be played in Europe next year.

In a word: no.

Estranged has been a staple in the set since Rock in Rio. Civil War won the Facebook poll they did for what song we'd like to hear.

I highly doubt someone who didn't have the $85 for a ticket two days ago is suddenly going to be like "Oh, they played Civil War! I guess I'll really have to scrounge up the money!" - not to mention it might not even get played again. I'm sure it will, I could see it being at least a semi-regular in the set, but the average guy who might buy a ticket doesn't know that for sure. It's safe to say the people in the audience who are "casual" or "average" fans or whatever one wants to call them are there for Appetite. Well, Appetite and November Rain.

Of course, there's crazy fans like me and many others at this forum who WOULD buy a ticket for another show just to see any extra songs, but not everyone is that crazy. ;)

Anyone noticing an acoustic guitar on intro rather than electric?

I did, but no one was playing one...?

Unless Fortus switched guitars in the video I watched where I couldn't seem him on the intro.

I think Fortus just switches guitar. He's the one doing the intro, with DJ doing the little lick that was originally Izzy's part. Later in the song after Bumble's solo when the intro comes back, Fortus is again playing it (but on clean electric) so I'd assume he starts on acoustic and then switches. Maybe he's not even using a true acoustic but an acoustic simulator. It'll be hard to tell until it gets played more.

Unless Fortus switched guitars in the video I watched where I couldn't seem him on the intro.

I think Fortus just switches guitar. He's the one doing the intro, with DJ doing the little lick that was originally Izzy's part. Later in the song after Bumble's solo when the intro comes back, Fortus is again playing it (but on clean electric) so I'd assume he starts on acoustic and then switches. Maybe he's not even using a true acoustic but an acoustic simulator. It'll be hard to tell until it gets played more.

There's one type of guitar pedal that emulates an acoustic guitar sound. Fortus uses it in Sorry, for example.

Don't know if it's really Fortus doing the intro. Could be Ashba using this pedal.

Edited by ChrisMaciel

Fuckin awesome! I wish my son and I could have seen it live. He loves this song too and wished GNR would have played it.

You lucky fans.

Anyway, the audio and video of it was great!

This tour is going to show all the haters that Axl and GNR are BACK!

There's one type of guitar pedal that emulates an acoustic guitar sound. Fortus uses it in Sorry, for example.

Don't know if it's really Fortus doing the intro. Could be Ashba using this pedal.

It's not Ashba, as one of the video angles shows him doing Izzy's little lead while Axl is whistling. It's definitely Fortus (Ron just stands around so it's for sure not him). It just remains to be seen if he's doing it truly on an acoustic or just using an acoustic simulator.

It just remains to be seen if he's doing it truly on an acoustic or just using an acoustic simulator.

He's got a piezo pickup on the guitar which gives a good simulation of an acoustic. Matched with the right EQ'ing on the amp and you've got a pretty good acoustic sound.

That was going to be my next guess. I know that Alex Lifeson from Rush uses those in some of his guitars. Either way, it sounds awesome. :thumbsup: