Imagine the old band getting back together

Guns n' Swedes

Except for that it would be amazing to see them live once or twice, I can see nothing good coming out of it in terms of making a record or anything like that.

The new band are on to something I think and it feels like a new record is going to come out of it - a record that is sort of more collaborative than the last one. It feels like these guys are really becoming a unit that could stay together and keep growing.

They have that "against all odds-thing" going on in a way.

Reuniting with the old band would be very boring in many ways

I say: NO THANKS

Edited by Guns n' Swedes

Except for that it would be amazing to see them live once or twice, I can see nothing good coming out of it in terms of making a record or anything like that.

The new band are on to something I think and it feels like a new record is going to come out of it - a record that is sort of more collaborative than the last one. It feels like these guys are really becoming a unit that could stay together and keep growing.

:lol:

I think a reunion would be very interesting...

• Like 1

I'd like to see them together in a big event, like Super Bowl or a big award ceremony but that's it. A reunion could damage what GnR has now. Chances are 99% it'd be a couple of concerts and that's it. That doesn't compensate a possible new album with this amazing lineup and world tours. No way, jose.

I don't want to. That would set GNR back twenty years.

What has Axl been doing for 20 years exactly? He put out one mish-mash of an overproduced record with about 20 people playing on it. CD makes UYI sound stripped down. He needs a counterweight to his ego not a bunch of hired hands that play what he tells them to. :shrugs:

The only person in classic GnR who doesn't have a big ego is Izzy. That's it.

you do realize that 99% of music fans in the world want a reunion, right? It's only on these boards that people don't want to see it.

• Like 1

I'm the same, i'd love to see them re-unite for the hall of fame and patch things up, life is too short. But please no re-union tour thingy, it would not turn out nice, i can see it already, plus i think nu-gnr deserve to stay together, they are a neat band now, and axl seems happier than ever ! really can't even remember the last time he threw a tantrum, he obviously likes dj, bumble and co alot

I only want a reunion if new music is going to come out of it. Don't get me wrong, if they just toured I'd be at as many shows as I could just to see what I was never able to twenty years ago. That being said, I don't want them to get together and tour just because and spend every show going through the motions. I'd want there to be a mutual respect and possibly new music. It may be wishful thinking, but I just think one reunion tour would be pointless without a new album to follow.

I would like to see everyone there to accept the award. Then maybe a couple of songs. No reunion tour for me thanks.

I think deep down so would everyone. Thats certainly what I want. They are all doing their own things and all are equally interesting. Obviously, if they could get it together and tour ENJOYABLY, I'd love to see it. But if they aren't going to be into it, its just beating a dead horse. In a lot of cases persistance is key. In this I think its exactly the opposite. This just seems like a nice opportunity for them to officially wrap up all the shit and while its being presented to them, I think they should all take it. Its truly something that'll only happen once in a lifetime.

I would love a reunion.. Start with a tour and see what happens. I think between all of them, they could come up out with enough quality material to spit out one more kick ass record too. People can say what they want but if it did happen you would all be on board. All this bickering would stop and the GnR fans would all be one big motherfucking force again.

Edited by HowlinWolf

I do think the original lineup could get back together, they'd come up with great songs, but I think Axl enjoys this band and wants to take this journey with them for as long as possible.

I do think the original lineup could get back together, they'd come up with great songs, but I think Axl enjoys this band and wants to take this journey with them for as long as possible.

I honestly see no reason why the old line up getting back together would not deliver great music. AFD is my favourite album of all time, and I think Contraband with Axl's vocals/lyrics would have come close to it. They clearly stil have it.

If you prefer the new stuff it's fair enough but for those of us who prefer the old sound a reunion is likely to be very interesting indeed.

If a reunion happened I am sure they could recreate something like they did in the past. I loved AFD and Illusions so if it was in that style I would love it too. I have been dreaming of a reunion ever since the band broke up. Anyways, I would love to have a new record with the old lineup with Matt or Steven. Slash is doing amazing work on his solo records lately. I think Slash could really do a great record with GNR if it happened. Duff is amazing with Loaded so I imagine he could really contribute to a GNR record. Steven is sober last I heard and still can drum. Matt did great with VR so I would think he could come back and do it if needed. Izzy is a question mark but maybe he could at minimum record in the studio with them. With todays modern technology Izzy could record his parts in Indiana if needed in another studio. They still could get a record done. Axl voice is getting stronger from his touring with the new GNR so he could bring the vocals. I think Axl has proved that his voice can still sound like his old self just listen to the Back in the Saddle cover he did with Bach.

For me hearing GNR sound like the old style GNR would really be amazing on another record. If it was anything like their old selfs would really be amazing. I loved that stuff. I still listen to AFD and Use Your Illusions.

As much as I love the original band I can't picture it. It's been almost 20 years since the last performance. Things are missing right now, even if you put Axl and Slash in a room for hours and they agree to start a reunion tour, I think they wouldn't get along like they used to in the late 80s.

On the other hand, Axl can't do that to the new members, call them 'hired hands' or whatever, but those dudes are giving their fullest to Gn'R and have supported Axl for years.

I'm sorry but this won't happen.

As much as I love the original band I can't picture it. It's been almost 20 years since the last performance. Things are missing right now, even if you put Axl and Slash in a room for hours and they agree to start a reunion tour, I think they wouldn't get along like they used to in the late 80s.

On the other hand, Axl can't do that to the new members, call them 'hired hands' or whatever, but those dudes are giving their fullest to Gn'R and have supported Axl for years.

I'm sorry but this won't happen.

I agree,i cant imagine the emotions & feelings of seeing these guys again together onstage,i have to say for example when we saw Duff doing with Axl YCBM for the first time after all these years,it was at first amazing but then i realized that this picture was somehow strange at some point,sounds crazy but Duff onstage seemed like he was a guy that never was in this band and its absolutely logical all this,i dont know,but yes i would like to see the original band together,even for one song.