Your opinion on if GnR did a 'fanclub'??

Young_Gun

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I noticed Guns now do VIP packages which I'm not totally against as they are very reasonably priced and include some really cool perks. The meet and greet part is included as a supplement to the package. Whether it's "selling out" or not doesn't really bother me, I would pay that much(and more) to go to a show and meet Axl. But some other bands have this feature where you pay a yearly fee and you get things like early access to songs, early demos of songs, opportunities to chat with band members, making of the album documentaries etc. While this may seem cool, I feel it segregates the fanbase. Like in a "Oh you don't wanna pay? Huh?" way. I love Megadeth and own all their albums pretty much, have seen them live etc etc. But I can't chat or email the bandmembers because I don't want to pay a fee every single year. I feel it's milking the fans. What do you guys think? Would you support and pay for this feature if Guns decided to implement it?

Edited by Young_Gun

didn't we have a free fan-club or two or something that never got updated once upon a time :question: besides good luck getting a fan club that can get quicker and more info than the huge forum i don't see that happening either

Edited by chesire78

I don't think a fanclub could compete with what we have on the forums.

This is probably the case.

The only band I'm a paid member of a fan club for is Iron Maiden, because there's some really great perks they give their fans. The best presale system for tickets ever (Every member can get up to 4 tickets per show for any number of shows, anywhere in the world), a quarterly FC magazine (Which is really high quality, and great for insight into what goes on behind the scenes on tour, articles by fans, etc.), IMTV (A cool web documentary filled with live clips, fan/band interviews, about 20 episodes per tour), monthly give-aways of signed items, and discounts in the online store. And of course my favorite perk - First To The Barrier, a competition run for almost every gig where 60 FC members get early entry to the venue to ensure a spot on the barrier. Then there's the occasional stuff; 20 questions with band members, first-listen previews when a new album is released, and the Heaven Can Wait competition (Where FC members are chosen to go on stage for the chant bit when they play this song live). All of that for $40 a year? Sure, why not!

If GN'R could come up with some really interesting/fun perks for FC members, I'd probably do a paid membership.

I am part of the Pearl Jam 10 Club and they offer a lot of perks : presales for tickets, soundboard audio downloads of every show, a limited edition vinyl single mailed per year, etc. It would be cool if GNR offered any of those things

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I think the VIP concept is positive; it puts the fans on a level playing level rather than selection from Fernando in accordance with who licks the most ass.

I hope the VIP initiative finishes the nonsense of street wise people getting to meet GN’R with other less crafty ticket payers left out.

It's a good idea as long as there's value on it for the fans I.e soundboard downloads from each or selected shows, pro shot vids, backstage photos of the band chilling out, etc

I know Mötley Crüe had a fanclub (maybe they still do, I don't know) and it cost $50 a year to be a member. I considered it but then I noticed how people often bitched about it, saying how they were yet to recieve the free t-shirt which came with the membership and also the pre-sale for concert tickets almost always only included the US dates and I live in Europe so I get nothing out of it except losing $50 really. This might've just been how it was with the Mötley fanclub and it might work great with other bands, I don't know.

But personally I'd rather they just do the VIP packages and leave it at that. Or if there is a fanclub with paid membership at least make it work so that all fans gets something out of it and not just the US fans like it seemed to always be the case with Mötley Crüe.