Floyd Mayweather Going to Jail for 90 Days (domestic abuse charge)

Guest Len B'stard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems to me like he's trying to move the goalposts. The rules are the same for everyone, if he's seriously not happy with the standard of drug testing that boxing has then he should get out of the sport. Has he ever requested any of his other opponents take a different test?

But on the other hand If I was Manny and I really thought it was that cheeky a request, I would be even more eager for the opportunity to beat the fuck out of him just for having the temerity to ask,

Guest Len B'stard

That seems to me like he's trying to move the goalposts. The rules are the same for everyone, if he's seriously not happy with the standard of drug testing that boxing has then he should get out of the sport. Has he ever requested any of his other opponents take a different test?

But on the other hand If I was Manny and I really thought it was that cheeky a request, I would be even more eager for the opportunity to beat the fuck out of him just for having the temerity to ask,

Yeah he's now requesting it of all of em...and they do em too...and he has to do em too. he claims he's "cleaning up the sport" :rolleyes: I agree wholly with your last sentence. Also his request with Manny sort of, it's sort of more barbed because Mannys risen through a lot of weight divisions and...it's not really something easily done...especially by a smaller man. Not saying his accusations hold water, just saying thats what he and his camp and a other people are getting at.

It had nothing to do with Floyd's peopl thinking that Manny wasn't clean and everything to do with power trips and egos. Manny has passed all his drug tests, never failed one.

This has been going on for years. Floyd wanted nothing to do with Manny because he wanted to protect his unbeaten record.

Floyd then got into major debt with the IRS, so he came back to boxing to earn money.

Floyd wanted nothing to do with Manny then especially. Pacman was at his peak and Floyd was trying to get back into shape. Manny would have killed him.

So Floyd wanted to wait until he got a couple fights in, got back into shape....and then assess his chances against Manny.

Yet again.......Floyd doesn't want to risk his unbeaten status by fighting and losing to Manny.

So per usual, he nitpicks every possible reason to delay the fight until Manny finally says "enough is enough. We are done with this bs.'

At that point, Floyd and his fans dance around saying that Manny backed out, that Floyd called Manny out but Manny doesn't want the fight.

Manny doesn't need this fight. Floyd will now always have an asterisk by his undefeated record.

Floyd is about hyping himself, strip clubs, money, fame.

I said it a year ago. The only way this fight happens is if Floyd thinks he can win. Meaning it will never happen. Watch, something else will come up when Floyd gets out of jail. One thing after another with Mr. Mouth.

100% agree Apollo.

At the end of the day, Floyds ego is the real thing he is fighting at the point. Manny is the best competition he could possibly face, and for him to jeopardize his amazing, immaculate, perfect record is just something he does not want to do I believe. Because deep down, I think Floyd knows Manny is a true threat. Manny would tarnish his shit. Floyd just doesn't want to go out like that, you know, like a true professional would.

Enough is enough at this point and everything Floyd does is beyond childish.

Guest Len B'stard
Pacman was at his peak and Floyd was trying to get back into shape. Manny would have killed him.

Hands down the most ridiculous thing you've ever said, Floyd was trying to get into shape eh? Sorry, who was his first fight again? And what was the outcome? A fucking shut out. And guess what, Mannys fought that very same person 3 times and he's gearing up for a fourth go now because even Manny doesn't believe he won those fights properly. Mayweather was trying to get back into shape, honestly, now you're just talking rubbish. BTW, Mr Mouth is undefeated, Mr Pacquiao has two losses to his name and he can't even nail Marquez, who Mayweather made short work of so what are you talking about?

So per usual, he nitpicks every possible reason to delay the fight until Manny finally says "enough is enough. We are done with this bs.'

At that point, Floyd and his fans dance around saying that Manny backed out, that Floyd called Manny out but Manny doesn't want the fight.

Yeah but Manny hasn't said that, has he? Manny just disagreed to drug tests for ages, drug tests that the rest of em agreed to...then agreed...then when Mayweather was like, OK, lets do this, no word from Pacquiao. These are the facts, not your guesswork as to what Mannys thought process is/was.

Facts are facts, talk about facts. Honestly, Mayweather was getting back into shape, right, so a warm up for Mayweather is equivalent to the toughest fights Pacquiao ever fought, that says something about Pacman in and of itself. Marquez and Shane Moseley are Floyd getting into shape? :lol: Can i ask you something, do you actually watch boxing? They are two of the biggest fights Pacman ever fought in his whole career so if they're warm ups for Floyd then that says a helluva lot for Pacman. If all of Mayweathers fights are against has beens or unworthy opponents or are hand-picked cuz they're easy the fact that Pacquiaos biggest fights have been against former Mayweather opponents REALLY doesn't say a lot for Pacquiao at all. Again, do you actually watch the fights or...?

Pacman fought Hatton, Moseley, De La Hoya, some of the biggest fights of his life ALL after Mayweather had done em...and done em decisively. Pacman can't deal with Marquez that Mayweather pitched a shut out against.

Other than that look at Moneys record, what Diego Corrales was a punk? Jose Luis Castillio was a punk? Phillip Ndou, who was 31 and 0 with 30 knockouts before he fought Floyd, he was a punk too? Tell me these ain't facts. When you're having a discussion, don't just give your take on the reasons for what happened in and out of the ring, a bunch of conjecture and hearsay about people and their lives and negotiations no one but the parties involved know about, talk about the facts, talk about the records, talk about the fights.

This is the thing with you, you seem more interested in the on-going soap opera E! Entertainment aspect than actual boxing. Strip clubs, strip clubs, what the fucks that got to do with anything, this ain't a fuckin moral issue here, he's a boxer, we're meant to be talking about boxing, if the discussions about is Mayweather a nice person well let me clear it up for you, no he's not.

Edited by sugaraylen

Bottom line.......Floyd doesn't want this fight. If he did, it would have already happened.

It will never happen. Manny doesn't need this fight. Floyd does.....and it will never happen.

So you can hype up Floyd all you like. At the end of the day, Floyd will continue to have reason after reason after reason after excuse after excuse after excuse. And he will never do it.

What a shame too. If he cared about his fans and his "legacy" then he wild fight all the top contenders. But he won't.

Guest Len B'stard

Biggest box office PPV draw in boxing today? Floyd Mayweather, undefeated with flawless record? Floyd Mayweather Dominant name in boxing for 16 plus years? Floyd Mayweather. Sorry, who needs the fight? :lol: Floyd Mayweather makes more in two fights than Manny makes in 5 fighting Floyds leftovers. Floyd don't need excuses, y'know why, there's nothing there to excuse :lol: Talk to Manny Pacquiao when you need excuses, talk to Manny Pacquiao why he needs to fight Marquez a fourth time, talk to Manny Pacquiao about how he got schooled Erik Morales. 3 defeats and two draws to a big fat 0 :D:D

Oh and guess what, Floyds coming out in 2 months if he does good time but guess what, "Floyd Mayweather is no longer on Mannys shortlist of opponents" and guess who is. Juan Manuel Marquez :lol: Timothy Bradley and Lamont Peterson :lol: Tim Bradley, REALLY?!?!?! Lamont Peterson?!?!?! The guy who needs home-cooking just to get wins over the likes of Amir Khan?!?!

Guest Len B'stard

I don't get why he won't fight pacman. I mean he got beat up in his last fight he's not some invincible killing like Drago In Rocky IV.

I think just want to set up better like straight of prison, pacman takes the test so it's on.

Before they ragged on Floyd for announcing his comeback on the eve of Pacmans fight, saying it was a dodge, this time he waited til the end of Pacman and Marquez, had a May date, was publicly trumpeting the fight and Pacmans people didn't want none of it, it's in the news, in the papers, its all over:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/959748-floyd-mayweather-officially-calls-out-manny-pacquiao-at-family-gathering

Google it, look it up, how clearer does it have to be? This notion that Mayweather doesn't want the fight is ridiculous, the fact is Bob Arum has beef with Mayweather and Arum is Pacquiaos promotor and he's not dumb, he's gonna get as much mileage out of Pacquiao a) for money and 2) cuz he knows that once he's been in there with Mayweather thats it. But no, he wants to fight Marquez...AGAIN. I mean thats Floyd clearly calling the man out, where's Pacquiaos reply? The fact is, like Money says and has been saying, he's his own boss, Pacquiao ain't, Money had prior with Arum and Arum is Pacmans promotor and instrumental in making this whole process as difficult as possible.

The fight'll happen though and when it does Pacmans gonna get embarrassed, you will see Manny Pacquiao lose a shut out points decision because he simply will not be able to get to Money and Moneys just gonna pick him off, boxing clinic, thats what it'll be, Pacquiao can't test Floyd on the inside, he damn sure can't out-box him, he can't out anything him...and when it does happen, watch the excuses pour in from the Pacmaniacs. But call it what you want, Pacman isn't comparable to Mayweather.

When Floyd doesn't cave in it's cuz he doesn't want the fight but Pacman don't cave in and it's a different story, it makes you wonder exactly why certain people have a different set of rules for their judgements of Floyd and a different for their judgements of Pacman. I mean, why doesn't the same apply either way?

They were moaning at Floyd about Moseley too, Moseley Moseley Moseley, why won't you fight Moseley? And then he does and he does him and there's no credit to Floyd. Why? And it's the same with Pacman, it's Pacman Pacman Pacman and when Floyd does him it'll be more excuses, i mean they're doing it already, there's whispers of oh he's ruined it now and it's too late and it won't be the same thing now, Pacman ain't the same fighter, as if Floyd ages backwards or something, the guy can't fuckin win. Well, actually, that's not true is it cuz he does win, doesn't he? In fact, win is all he's ever done.

Pacman on the other hand :lol: "the mexican killer" yeah right. Which mexican would that he, Marquez? He's having a helluva time with him...Erik Morales? Yeah, he sure killed him! Although having said that, Pacquiao sort of does age backwards, doesn't he? Like Floyd said, an average fighter that somehow becomes a great fighter from age 25 onwards and starts going up through weight divisions? I smell juice...but ohh, sorry, a drug test would be an insult to the great champion Manny Pacquiao...not to everyone else mind, INCLUDING Floyd...but to Pacquiao it'd be an insult. Oh no, sorry, he's also afraid of needles too...oh no, sorry, it'll also leave him drained before the fight...make your mind up Pacman camp, which one is it.

And then people talk about Floyd making excuses...

Edited by sugaraylen

In this case, jail is going to be good... he's prob. going to be getting some special privileges as far as working out goes, and keep the training up. He can throw parties and rain money after the match.

But boxing's in weird phase right now - this might be one of the last great fights if MMA continues to grow. There's still way too much money in it to go away, but general interest - real hard to say in 10 years time where things will stand. But if bull fighting can still exist in a politically correct world, these are modern day gladiators and people get caught up in it.

I don't think most athletes are bad guys compared to the people with the bags of cash. They get their asses kissed so much that their arrogance leads them to believe they are untouchable by the law. Sometimes they are.

I do think if Floyd and Manny box, it's going to set them both up for life, esp. if they have an exciting match that goes for 10 rounds and one wins by knockout. You want those edge on your seat fights...

Biggest box office PPV draw in boxing today? Floyd Mayweather, undefeated with flawless record? Floyd Mayweather Dominant name in boxing for 16 plus years? Floyd uMayweather. Sorry, who needs the fight? :lol: Floyd Mayweather makes more in two fights than Manny makes in 5 fighting Floyds leftovers. Floyd don't need excuses, y'know why, there's nothing there to excuse :lol: Talk to Manny Pacquiao when you need excuses, talk to Manny Pacquiao why he needs to fight Marquez a fourth time, talk to Manny Pacquiao about how he got schooled Erik Morales. 3 defeats and two draws to a big fat 0 :D:D

Oh and guess what, Floyds coming out in 2 months if he does good time but guess what, "Floyd Mayweather is no longer on Mannys shortlist of opponents" and guess who is. Juan Manuel Marquez :lol: Timothy Bradley and Lamont Peterson :lol: Tim Bradley, REALLY?!?!?! Lamont Peterson?!?!?! The guy who needs home-cooking just to get wins over the likes of Amir Khan?!?!

Agreee! Team Money all the way!!!

How can somebody who knows so much about boxing be so wrong about this situation? Now I get what people mean when they call Axl fans "nutters."

This fight will never happen. And its because of Floyd. Manny is a fighter, he isn't fighting for legacy ot to preserve a perfect record. Manny could lose and his legend won't change from what it is. What happens if Floyd loses????? Exactly.

Fight will never happen. Floyd has too much to lose. And that's what separates him from the all time greats.

Len, bet our forum lives on the outcome if they do fight? Loser leaves and doesn't come back under a fake name?

How can somebody who knows so much about boxing be so wrong about this situation? Now I get what people mean when they call Axl fans "nutters."

This fight will never happen. And its because of Floyd. Manny is a fighter, he isn't fighting for legacy ot to preserve a perfect record. Manny could lose and his legend won't change from what it is. What happens if Floyd loses????? Exactly.

Fight will never happen. Floyd has too much to lose. And that's what separates him from the all time greats.

Len, bet our forum lives on the outcome if they do fight? Loser leaves and doesn't come back under a fake name?