Whats next?

tsunta

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as they're keeping in touch via website or facebook, twitter.. SUMTHING. id b pretty happy, at least until they tour or release something. Its completely disrespectful when they disappear for a year or more without a word. But things really seem.different this time around... we'll see..

Edited by drtydane

This Nikki Sixx quote in Rolling Stone is from a couple weeks ago, could GNR be one of the bands in negotiations with Crue? Of course there's the Sixx/Ashba connection, but rumors seem to point more to Kiss.

"This is the beginning of what will be the biggest probably four to five years of the bands career. Were negotiating with a couple of other extremely huge bands on doing a co-headline tour, something thats never happened before."

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

This Nikki Sixx quote in Rolling Stone is from a couple weeks ago, could GNR be one of the bands in negotiations with Crue? Of course there's the Sixx/Ashba connection, but rumors seem to point more to Kiss.

"This is the beginning of what will be the biggest probably four to five years of the band’s career. We’re negotiating with a couple of other extremely huge bands on doing a co-headline tour, something that’s never happened before."

I can't see GN'R tour with Crüe. Would have been a great show.

I'd like to see a new album and CD rereleased with bonus tracks like demos and stuff. Shackler's with Buckethead

"This is the beginning of what will be the biggest probably four to five years of the band’s career. We’re negotiating with a couple of other extremely huge bands on doing a co-headline tour, something that’s never happened before."

Nikki Sixx would never have GN'R on. They'd make his show look like an amateur club show. :lol:

My guess is, no one knows, and maybe they don't know either.

Maybe they will complete unfinished tracks, ex CD stuff.

Maybe they will start from scratch and put something together fast.

Maybe they will release a live album.

Edited by vaida

Nikki Sixx would never have GN'R on. They'd make his show look like an amateur club show. :lol:

They actually contacted gnr for a tour last year. Sixx said it somewhere in an interview last year. The schedules just didn't match up.

They actually contacted gnr for a tour last year. Sixx said it somewhere in an interview last year. The schedules just didn't match up.

I did not know that. I'm surprised. Who else has Nikki contacted?

I did not know that. I'm surprised. Who else has Nikki contacted?

Def Leppard and Poison. Only Poison was available

BBC24;

24 music critics have been admitted to hospital today in various states of shock and panic at the "sheer genius of the new Guns N' Roses album" as one put it. Famed critic Robert Christagau was found shaking in his flat having overdosed on painkillers, "my head felt like it was going to explode after hearing the masterpiece" he said before being led of to a mental hospital this morning.

one can dream eh?

lol @ Crue touring with Gnr. Gnr is so far superior. The fact the two bands were contemporaries is a formality - otherwise they have no connection whatsoever. Except DJ, yes, I know.

From "An Education In Rebellion: The Biography of Nikki Sixx" by Jake Brown

One band which Nikki took under his wing was Guns N' Roses, whose guitar players were regulars at Nikki's Hollywood Hills home during their early days as Hollywood's local starlets. As Nikki recalled, Guns N' Roses in their earliest days were almost a carbon copy of what Motley Crue had been when they were starting out four years earlier in terms of the band's local celebrity. In addition to keeping current with the trends, Nikki felt something of a paternal instinct toward the band, taking them under his wing, and in the process, under his influence, "basically by the time (in 1986, when we got off) the road we had got to the point where we couldn't go anywhere. We had to hide because it was so overwhelming being Motley Crue that you couldn't even go into a grocery store without getting bombarded with people. And (Guns N' Roses) had not reached a status like that yet, so we ended up hanging out."

Nikki's role in mentoring Guns N' Roses, at the time the hottest band on the Sunset Strip, was that of a tenured professor at Rock and Roll University, with a curriculum that combined Advanced Debauchery 101 and Basics In Living The High Life. Guns N' Roses at the time were already honors students in the subjects of partying hard and living fast. Little did they know that a short year later their teacher would be eligible to offer a course in dying young - as almost two thirds of the bands members would be partying with Nikki Sixx the night of his lethal overdose. More importantly, Guns drummer Steven Adler would be one of those present who Nikki later would owe his resuscitated heart and life to. Still, a year earlier, Guns N' Roses, among a number of other hard rock up and comers, were eager to be affiliated with a band they regarded as a living legend. As Slash recalled, from the early 1980's, "the kings of the Sunset Strip were definitely Motley Crue."

I can't see GN'R tour with Crüe. Would have been a great show.

I'd like to see a new album and CD rereleased with bonus tracks like demos and stuff. Shackler's with Buckethead

I can't see Guns with Crue either, namely because Nikki Six said a 'huge' band, and GNR isn't that anymore.

Guns is still quite big outside the US,

much more so in europe than motley crue