How much do you think each member earns per show?

goldfoot

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've done a forum search before anyone flames me lol couldn't see this covered.

The lady and I where talking and the question came up as to how much we thought each member got per show; not looking for specific figures, just what you think they might get. I read on here that they got $1,000,000 for a show in Moscow, and thought it might be interesting to see if they did X-amount of shows, same pay for every show (different sized venues, different rates? lol), how much they could earn for a year of touring.

As a pseudo-comparison which'll be no help whatsoever: I met W.A.S.P. outside the Britannia Hotel in Manchester on the Headless Children tour in the 90s, and Johnny Rod (bassist) pulls out of his jacket pocket a cliche: a fat roll of banknotes - a big wodge of money held together by a straining elastic band. We asked him how much he had (being interested/nosey/cheeky teens at the time lol) but he just smiled and said nothing. I honestly couldn't hazard a guess as to how much he had in this roll, but it looked a lot, he couldn't close his hand around it!

And yeah, I'm a mammoth G 'n R fan, seen 'em three times, and I'd go again tomorrow, dammit! lol

Regards,

Chris

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per show? I believe its established that most members are contracted and receive a salary.

Not all are equal, most are in the low six figures, certainly none of the hired hands earns seven.

No doubt its a nice thing to have that retainer when the band is idle, but frustrating that they are rarely freed up to do anything else.

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've done a forum search before anyone flames me lol couldn't see this covered.

The lady and I where talking and the question came up as to how much we thought each member got per show; not looking for specific figures, just what you think they might get. I read on here that they got $1,000,000 for a show in Moscow, and thought it might be interesting to see if they did X-amount of shows, same pay for every show (different sized venues, different rates? lol), how much they could earn for a year of touring.

As a pseudo-comparison which'll be no help whatsoever: I met W.A.S.P. outside the Britannia Hotel in Manchester on the Headless Children tour in the 90s, and Johnny Rod (bassist) pulls out of his jacket pocket a cliche: a fat roll of banknotes - a big wodge of money held together by a straining elastic band. We asked him how much he had (being interested/nosey/cheeky teens at the time lol) but he just smiled and said nothing. I honestly couldn't hazard a guess as to how much he had in this roll, but it looked a lot, he couldn't close his hand around it!

And yeah, I'm a mammoth G 'n R fan, seen 'em three times, and I'd go again tomorrow, dammit! lol

Regards,

Chris

One thing to keep in mind regarding the Moscow gig, that was what they were payed to play a private show in a tiny venue, that won't accurately reflect other shows at all, due to less logistical requirements in theory.

Per show? I believe its established that most members are contracted and receive a salary.

Not all are equal, most are in the low six figures, certainly none of the hired hands earns seven.

No doubt its a nice thing to have that retainer when the band is idle, but frustrating that they are rarely freed up to do anything else.

It's likely a salary. Bands don't get paid per show ever really. The promoter pays for the tour based on different factors including but not limited to venue costs, late fees (Surely an issue with GN'R), any production costs, and ticket sales.

The following is unverified and could be completely false

From my memory I think MSL said in one of his streaming video's they were making around 10,000 a month

also that Ashba was making like 3-4 times what the others were being paid

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I saw on a celebrity income list on the net somewere that Axls net worth was around the 200,000,000 mark.Of course you cant believe everything you read on line.There has always been rumors that he is/was in financial hardship(this kind of hardship i would like to experience)When he purchised that andy worhal of john lennon it was rumored that he didnt have the funds.Well back to rolling my pennys lol.