Does anybody else secretly wish Guns was opening for Van Halen instead of doing a theater tour?

ITW 2012

I think pretty much anybody would. Eddie Van Halen is a legend.

Let's be honest here, we all know how overrated some bands are and how incredibly underrated Guns are.

Guns N' Roses are the best rock band in the rock history. So they shouldn't open for anyone.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Guns have ever been an opening act since the very very early 90's if not 80's. So no. Guns, old or new, piss all over Van Halen.

LOL. I'd trade all three current guitarists for Eddie Van Halen.

Makes sense since you're half crazy. :D

GN'R are too cool to open for other bands. Van Halen should open for them. :D

No true. They were going to open for The Stones back in 06.

But they didn't.

Let's be honest here, we all know how overrated some bands are and how incredibly underrated Guns are.

Guns N' Roses are the best rock band in the rock history. So they shouldn't open for anyone.

New GNR is underrated, but old GNR was the biggest band in the world. It would be a good idea for New GNR to open for a bigger band with a similar fan base.

Edited by ITW 2012

New GNR is underrated, but old GNR was the biggest band in the world. It would be a good idea for New GNR to open for a bigger band with a similar fan base.

Hmm to me Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses. Of course with Slash, Guns would be a bit bigger, but very few people I know are into GNR, it got kind of forgotten and totally underrated sadly, while shit like Kings of Leon, Artic Monkeys, Lady Gaga and so on sell millions..

Hmm to me Guns N' Roses is Guns N' Roses. Of course with Slash, Guns would be a bit bigger, but very few people I know are into GNR, it got kind of forgotten and totally underrated sadly, while shit like Kings of Leon, Artic Monkeys, Lady Gaga and so on sell millions..

Guns would be more than a bit bigger; they'd sell out every night with Slash in the band.

Edited by ITW 2012

Is that some kind of a sick fucking joke? That could never happen because Van Halen would be opening for Guns N' Roses. Frankly, I'm offended you'd even suggest the opposite.

This isn't the Hall of Fame version of GNR though. Opening up for bigger acts would be a good way to build this band back into something again.

Edited by ITW 2012

I don't think Guns have ever been an opening act since the very very early 90's if not 80's. So no. Guns, old or new, piss all over Van Halen.

LOL. I'd trade all three current guitarists for Eddie Van Halen.

Makes sense since you're half crazy. :D

GN'R are too cool to open for other bands. Van Halen should open for them. :D

No true. They were going to open for The Stones back in 06.

But they didn't.

+1 I can't imagine GN'R opening for anyone. I just can't see that happening. Who can surpass them today?

GNR is bigger than van halen so they don't open for them.They are as big as every rock act of today.we'll see van halen's new record, it will not sell as many as chinese democracy.Cd has sold more than 3 million copies worldwide.Van halen's new album???....I don't think ıt'll sell even 2 million copies worldwide...

+1 I can't imagine GN'R opening for anyone. I just can't see that happening. Who can surpass them today?

There's lots of people who can sell more tickets than them in North America.

Definitely.

I personally would rather have standalone shows just based on the fact that the shows would be longer than if they opened for VH, although it would be a cool thing to see happen for a show or two. A festival with GNR and VH on the same bill would be cool as hell too

Edited by WhazUp

Does anybody else secretly wish Guns was opening for Van Halen instead of doing a theater tour?

No, what i wish is a Duff McKagan's Loaded, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy, Guns N' Roses tour. Duff could play a couple of songs with G N' R, Slash could play a couple of songs with G N' R, Myles could sing Don't cry and Civil war with G N' R and for the encore they can bring in Izzy. 1 can only dream.