Does anybody else secretly wish Guns was opening for Van Halen instead of doing a theater tour?

ITW 2012

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that Eddie was the one who mentioned to Axl that he wanted to open for Guns, not the other way around - not have Guns open for them.

I am a huge fan and to me there Is no better band then Guns N Roses, but come on, lets be realistic, Van Halen doesn't need to open for Guns N Roses.(It like saying u2 will open for Motley Crue)see how funny that sounds anyway feel free to post a link where Eddie states that Van Halen needs or wants to open for Guns N Roses. If he said anything remotely close to this he must have been In a drunken stupor.

well rose cooper,your comparation is wrong.Maybe Van Halen have bigger audience than Gnr in Us,because Us don't want to forget old band.But in every part of the globe sotth america,europe,japan,australia gnr are much much bigger than van halen.

Definitely I remember the VH rumours for Download fest last year and a lot of people were questioning whether they were big enough to headline EVH is credited as having 'changed the way people played guitar' ; in the USA not so much in other places

Van Halen with Hagar opened for Bon Jovi in the 90s. They didn't have the fans Bon Jovi did.

From an old article, source unimportant...

On one side of the room sits a curious orange chair, straight from a sports arena, with a patch that reads ORANGE SEATS SUCK. It was given to Bon Jovi by Matthew McConaughey, with whom he costarred, along with Harvey Keitel and Bill Paxton, in the recent World War II action film U-571. "I told him this story on the set," explains Bon Jovi. "When we did a European tour in 1995, Van Halen was opening for us, and they're not very big over there. Alex Van Halen didn't feel too good about it, so I told him, 'You know what color the seats are in Knoxville, Tennessee? Orange. How do I know? Because when we played there, no one was in 'em.' So McConaughey sent this over with a good-luck note about the album."

GNR's folllowing in Europe has always been bigger than Van Halen's. But that's prob. a reason VH didn't do any shows outside of North America. They were supposed to tour Australia as part of a festival, but that got scrapped.

But I'd love to see GNR, VH, and Crue do a Hollywood Bowl thing, even if it was 3 nights in a row, but part of a series with a lot of support bands.

Don't forget that Eddie was the one who mentioned to Axl that he wanted to open for Guns, not the other way around - not have Guns open for them.

True

Did Eddie actually say that? That's pretty cool. It would have to be that way regardless of the co-headliner. Guns would have to take the stage second because of the start times. Didn't Metallica volunteer to go first on the 1992 tour to keep themselves in the clear?

Its rumored that queen has signed a new singer and will be touring soon .GnR and queen would be a good mix.kind of fits old band new singer,original singer new band could work.

That would be pretty awesome. Imagine Brain May joining them to play CITR!

I'd be there in a heartbeat! Seeing Brian May and Axl the same night would be a dream come true.

Brian May opened some dates for GNR on the skin n' bones tour.

The first VH album was good,after that I lost interest,so no.

considering appetite for destruction by itself shits all over van halen's entire history, no, guns should not open for van halen. it would be a highlight of van halen's extremely overrated career to open for axl.

Yeah ok. It would be an honor for a band that will play to 15,000 to 20,000 fans per night and has one of the greatest guitar players In the history of music and a top 5 frontman of all time , to open for a band that averages 6,446 fans per night. By the way your career doesn't last 40 years If you are overrated. Now, that being said,believe It or not, I am a bigger fan Of Guns than I am Van Halen but some of these comments are so far out there It's almost unbelieveable.

considering appetite for destruction by itself shits all over van halen's entire history, no, guns should not open for van halen. it would be a highlight of van halen's extremely overrated career to open for axl.

Outside of guitarist circles, since when were VH EVER overrated?? Rolling Stone put Axl on their fucking cover way more times than they ever did VH.

When did EVH say that? Do you have a source?

VH w/Dave is going to sell more tickets than a post-Slash/Duff/Izzy GN'R. It's silly to think that the current lineup of VH would open up for the current lineup of GN'R.

Would love to see the two bands tour together though, even if GN'R just opened up.

Yeah ok. It would be an honor for a band that will play to 15,000 to 20,000 fans per night and has one of the greatest guitar players In the history of music and a top 5 frontman of all time , to open for a band that averages 6,446 fans per night. By the way your career doesn't last 40 years If you are overrated. Now, that being said,believe It or not, I am a bigger fan Of Guns than I am Van Halen but some of these comments are so far out there It's almost unbelieveable.

I agree. It makes me wonder if some people on here think Ron and DJ played on Appetite For Destruction.

I disagree with That Metal Show, but Van Halen is a far more revolutionary album than AFD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLF3O8O6gBE

Edited by ITW 2012

That would be great. Axl is too much of an egotistical asshole to ever let that happen though.

Yet you are a fan and post on a fan forum!!!! Someone has mental insecurities :rofl-lol:

People who post like that shouldn't be on here at all.

You are both lying to yourselves. I am a fan, but you would have to be kidding yourself if you think that this band deserves to be higher on a bill than Van Halen. The actual GNR would at least have an argument, but what Axl thinks is still GNR doesn't deserve it at all. He would never admit it because he is such an egotistical asshole, but it's very true. EVH+DLR>Axl+people who wish they were EVH

That would be great. Axl is too much of an egotistical asshole to ever let that happen though.

Yet you are a fan and post on a fan forum!!!! Someone has mental insecurities :rofl-lol:

People who post like that shouldn't be on here at all.

You are both lying to yourselves. I am a fan, but you would have to be kidding yourself if you think that this band deserves to be higher on a bill than Van Halen. The actual GNR would at least have an argument, but what Axl thinks is still GNR doesn't deserve it at all. He would never admit it because he is such an egotistical asshole, but it's very true. EVH+DLR>Axl+people who wish they were EVH

I think you are wrong about Axl being an egotistical asshole and I think he would open some shows for Van Halen if they were in turn respectful towards him.

Edited by ITW 2012