New DJ interview...

TheDemocracyRose

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I hope CD2 + CD3 stay as close to the original as possible (but I like what Bumble did on Chinese Democracy) so I think Bumble should be the guitarist that tweaks the album. If DJ reworks guitar parts it should sound better then Robin / Buckethead's work otherwise it's pointless leave it untouched.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I would like DJ, Bumble and Richard to all be featured on the next album. Whether it be older songs from the CD sessions or new songs just written. Thats alota the criticism Chinese received was that people that were on the album werent even in the band anymore...shit, Richard has been in the fold since 2002 and he was featured on what, like 3 songs on Chinese Democracy? C'mon now.

All three guitarists are great, and deserve to be on the next album. I know people wanna hear the other old songs, but whats the harm if these guys go in and add their touch to them. What, it would take 3 more months of time to actually lay the tracks down if that. Plus, you have the constant bitching about this being a "real band" so why add more fuel to that fire by putting out another album that features the guitarists that arent in the band anymore. Not to mention, that the ensemble of guitarists that are in the band now have the best chemistry together since Slash and Izzy. I'm not saying to completely rid Bucket and Robins parts, but dont have them the predominant guitarists on the next album.

I say take the extra few months it would take for them to lay down tracks and put the album out right. I mean shit, we've waited this long already, whats just a lil bit longer.

To be honest I hope CD2 + CD3 stay as close to the original as possible (but I like what Bumble did on Chinese Democracy) so I think Bumble should be the guitarist that tweaks the album. If DJ reworks guitar parts it should sound better then Robin / Buckethead's work otherwise it's pointless leave it untouched.

+1

Keep in mind, Ron stated that he recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that did not appear on Chinese Democracy, so his work could very well already be finished if they're just looking to finish up those songs for the next album. Hell, DJ could go in a studio next week and take care of his additions should that be Axl's wishes and have it done in time for a summer release.

However, if they're looking to include entire new recordings on the next album, well, we could very well be having this conversation YEARS from now.

Edited by sofine11

Man, Axl must really be fucking shell-shocked from the Chinese Democracy release, since he's not putting out the rest of the tracks from those sessions like he and the others said they would, like a billion times.

Look, DJ is a great guitar player and I'm really looking forward to hearing what he and Axl can create together. But these songs are done, save for possible mixing and mastering. Leave em' alone, and just put the next album out already. DJ doesn't need to "get his hands on" completed tracks with guitar-work that's already been recorded.

I don't see where it was explicitly stated that DJ would help "re-work" the songs from the CD sessions. He may re-record some lead guitar parts, like BBF did, but I don't think the songs will necessarily be completely redone. I don't see DJ's comments as stating such.

And as far as how completed the songs are, we really don't know. Basic tracks could be recorded on some with no lead instrumentation, no vocals. Some could have lead instrumentation and vocals. We really don't know for sure :shrugs:

Ali

Axl said in 2006 that they were working on 32 songs, and 26 of those songs were done.

You say we don't know for sure, and I guess Axl could decide anytime before a release he wants to add more stuff, but 6 years after he said 26 songs are done, can you really say we really don't know for sure there are close to complete songs?

Just doesn't make sense to me. :shrugs:

Edited by Rovim

Axl said in 2006 that they were working on 32 songs, and 26 of those songs were done.

Good point, and he said that in early '06 long before Ron & Frank and whoever else gave added to the album later in 06 & 07. Which begs the question, why havent we heard the other 18 songs yet? What's he waiting for?

Good point, and he said that in early '06 long before Ron & Frank and whoever else gave added to the album later in 06 & 07. Which begs the question, why havent we heard the other 18 songs yet? What's he waiting for?

It can be a lot of things. My personal view on it, and this is just a guess, is that it's a combination of the record company and Axl inability to make a deal which is accepted by both sides, Axl wanting to give Chinese Democracy the attention he thinks it deserves,

and possibily now that DJ said that Axl liked 12 of his songs, maybe he's thinking about including him in cd2, or also considering how big of a part DJ will have on it. Again, I don't know anything, just a guess. The biggest reason is the record company imo.

Edited by Rovim

It can be a lot of things. My personal view on it, and this is just a guess, is that it's a combination of the record company and Axl inability to make a deal which is accepted by both sides, Axl wanting to give Chinese Democracy the attention he thinks it deserves,

and possibily now that DJ said that Axl liked 12 of his songs, maybe he's thinking about including him in cd2, or also considering how big of a part DJ will have on it. Again, I don't know anything, just a guess. The biggest reason is the record company imo.

I agree that there's not simply one reason we haven't gotten the second album, and that the label issues are probably the largest among those reasons.

I noticed that DJ's been very vocal in his interviews about how he's "a writer and producer" and how he can't wait to get into the studio with the band. Maybe Axl feels pressure to wait to include DJ in a larger "writing capacity" on the next album, instead of merely featuring him like he did with Ron on Chinese Democracy.

Anyway, it's been 3 years since DJ's joined the band. You would think they would have would have included him on some of the CD Era tracks by now. So I really have to laugh when I hear DJ talk about how the bands gonna get together soon in the studio, mostly because I have no idea what the hell that means. :rofl-lol:

I am pretty sure Axl has hung DJ's new songs on the fridge for all to see.

I know DJ likes to promote himself and he loves to brag about how close he is to Axl Rose and Nikki Sixx or how he was in bands that most of us haven't even heard of. I think behind closed doors Axl reminds him who is in charge.

I think his ultimate test will come in the studio whether or not he is able to rerecord Robins guitar parts.

He said nothing there to get excited about.

Notice he says he really truly dearly hopes he can get into a studio with Axl soon. He doesn't say it IS happening.

DJ is such a noob.

Edit: And this is why it isn't a band, and these are part of the reasons that drove a lot of past members away. A band shouldn't have to wait for the singer to summon them into the studio. Basically what DJ is saying is what we're all saying. WE HOPE AXL RECORDS AND RELEASES MUSIC.

Edited by GnR Chris

I don't think DJ knows what he has gotten himself into. Pretty soon he is going to go back to being Nikki's side project.

This.

It's funny how we the fans who have been around for the entire Chinese Democracy fiasco, can go "Awwwe, DJ..." when he talks about recording a whole new album.

Honestly, just have DJ record a few solos and release the rest of the CD sessions stuff and let's be done with it. No need to torture these poor guys into thinking they have a chance at completing a whole album with Axl in this century.

Edited by sofine11

Wish I could get back into fuuuccc yeaah mood where I was 10 years ago with statements like this. GNR is extremely boring these days, even if they tour. Only thing I personally hope Axl would drop that leather jacket and wear something else in a next show, I would feel extremely excited and pleased again. though my life is boring anyways.

I love DJ Ashba! He's so much more interesting and charasmatic than that junky Saul ever was.

He's one guy that I'd spread my buttcheeks for too!

I think you've officially gone insane.

Anyway, yet another interview where DJ talks of his "hopes" to release a new album. I'll put it in the pile with the others.

Wish I could get back into fuuuccc yeaah mood where I was 10 years ago with statements like this. GNR is extremely boring these days, even if they tour. Only thing I personally hope Axl would drop that leather jacket and wear something else in a next show, I would feel extremely excited and pleased again. though my life is boring anyways.

Boring? The band is at it's peak from where I'm standing. Makes the late 80s/early 90s band look like amateurs!

could be my depression. I dunno, everything seems so predictable, wheres the danger!!?? Axl is too happy lol. guess I`m still having exhaustion for waiting CD.....just kidding. NEW MUSIC NOW!!! god damned.

Whoever creates the most creative/inspiring guitar parts that fit each song should be on the finished product.

In that case, we're guaranteed that it will be DJ, Fortus, and BBF.

I think we will see Fortus and Bumblefoot's work which is great :thumbsup:

Edited by ThinkAboutYou