L.A. Show - The Palladium 3/9/12

Nicc

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck you and your update thread. I'm home. I'm buzzed and I had a good fucking time.

Who needs updates?!?

Lots of gorgeous women! Good stuff!

Nothing out of the ordinary on the set list-- I was glad to hear You're Crazy and Used To Love Her!

The band didn't really sound as tight as other gigs, but Axl's mic was actually properly configured and he was loud and did an excellent job.

Right back at cha' you too ole' nut eating self. :rolleyes: (even if you weren't really talking to me)

Hell for those who WERENT there we might need an update

It's amazing, but I bet if some "established" memb. around here started this thread then it wouldn't have been a problem. (prob. talking out of my ass, but given the response,it's still pitiful) :confused:

The shows that I've been to, the last thing I wanna do is be on my phone posting the setlist. I'd say it's more pitiful for you guys to be crying about people at the show not giving you updates, than it's pitiful for them to not be giving updates. Just my 2 cents though.

Glowing review!

Guns N' Roses — The Palladium, Hollywood

Many great rock bands have called Los Angeles home.

The list is long and it encompasses a myriad of different acts. In some ways though, none of them truly embody the rock 'n' roll spirit like Guns N' Roses do. Their songs balance sex and violence like the greatest Shakespearian drama performed on a train about to derail at 200 miles per hour—with Axl Rose as the poet laureate and pilot of course.

Let's face it. No other Sunset Strip outfit could cop the attitude, anger, and aggression of Appetite for Destruction, the eloquent emotionality of Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, or the experimental bombast of Chinese Democracy.

In essence, Los Angeles will always be Guns N' Roses' girl and during the first of three intimate shows of their "L.A. Takeover", Axl, guitarists DJ Ashba, Richard Fortus, and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, bass player Tommy Stinson, drummer Frank Ferrer, and keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman continually proved why with one masterpiece after another.

As he churned out the grinding guitar of "Chinese Democracy", Ashba stood on the drum riser with his devil horns raised up. Suddenly, Axl stormed the stage with infectious and inimitable charisma. His voice sounded utterly flawless as he swung from a deep commanding bellow into a massive war cry.

Police sirens flashed on the screen as Ashba fired off the immortal, calculated intro of "Welcome to the Jungle." Axl snaked across the stage perfectly hitting all of the high notes while engaging the crowd up close and personal. Stinson's bass bludgeoned brilliantly during the intro of "It's So Easy" as Fortus and Bumblefoot set their fret boards ablaze with deft technical mastery. Ferrer's massive drum beats filled the room as Axl proclaimed, "Worrying's a waste of my fucking time" during a slithery and sexy "Mr. Brownstone."

As the Appetite hat trick came to a close, Bumblefoot's wah pedal soundscapes fortified "Sorry" as a modern epic in its own right as Axl carried its divine chorus beyond the heavens. "Rocket Queen" blasted off on the triple guitar assault with Axl tearing through the song's dangerous Hollywood tale with sharper teeth than ever. "Estranged" and "Live and Let Die" captured a cinematic intensity via the expansive and entrancing playing of Reed and Pitman.

"Street of Dreams" came to life on those potent pipes and vulnerable piano playing. "You Could Be Mine" still kicks teeth and breaks bones like no other. Axl upped the ante screaming, "with your ass in the air" after the unforgettable "leave you lying on the bed" line. The song remains one of the band's most vicious and vibrant.

The true majesty of Axl and Co. is that when they pull the curtain back, the tender moments truly feel poignant like your favorite Beatles tune. "November Rain" stands on the same level as "Stairway to Heaven" at this point, ebbing and flowing with palpable poetry as the mesmerized crowd screamed every word. Afterwards, Axl smiled, "We've got to do the love songs too."

"Why was Dirk Diggler the best?" He asked. "Because he could fuck hard and he could fuck gently too. That's what made him the best."

A similar sonic diversity makes Guns N' Roses the best. Teetering between "Shackler's Revenge" and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", it was impossible not to recognize the majesty "up close and personal" and on stage. Truly a transcendental experience for any music fan, seeing Guns N' Roses during these intimate gigs is essential.

Los Angeles and rock 'n' roll both belong to Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses forever.

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/live-review-guns-n-roses-the-palladium-hollywood/9910576

Fuck you and your update thread. I'm home. I'm buzzed and I had a good fucking time.

Who needs updates?!?

Nothing out of the ordinary on the set list-- I was glad to hear You're Crazy and Used To Love Her!

The band didn't really sound as tight as other gigs, but Axl's mic was actually properly configured and he was loud and did an excellent job.

Right back at cha' you too ole' nut eating self. :rolleyes: (even if you weren't really talking to me)

It's amazing, but I bet if some "established" memb. around here started this thread then it wouldn't have been a problem. (prob. talking out of my ass, but given the response,it's still pitiful) :confused:

The shows that I've been to, the last thing I wanna do is be on my phone posting the setlist. I'd say it's more pitiful for you guys to be crying about people at the show not giving you updates, than it's pitiful for them to not be giving updates. Just my 2 cents though.

Oh the hell it is, now I appreciate rocking out rather than being on the phone or holding it up the whole time (like I see in the vids lol) but at least a few secs of updating wouldn't hurt now that's my 2 cents, this wasn't happening when others was making their updating threads. So I guess my other though is coming to fruition, I mean for an LA show of all shows smh.....

So anyway.... <_<

if this isn't already posted :confused:

damn it I can't upload pics hehe!

Edited by Nicc

Who needs updates?!?

Oh the hell it is, now I appreciate rocking out rather than being on the phone or holding it up the whole time (like I see in the vids lol) but at least a few secs of updating wouldn't hurt now that's my 2 cents, this wasn't happening when others was making their updating threads. So I guess my other though is coming to fruition, I mean for an LA show of all shows smh.....

So anyway.... <_<

Have you been to a show? When I saw them in Phoenix, I was trying to get on the message board from my phone to post setlist updates, and it definitely takes more than a few seconds, at least for me. Maybe it was my reception I had in the arena, I don't know. But you're missing parts of the show to post on the board, for information people will get later on anyway. The way I see it, it's nice when people do take the time to update the setlist from the show, but far from something we should EXPECT, and especially get upset when they don't.

Who needs updates?!?

So anyway.... <_<

Have you been to a show? When I saw them in Phoenix, I was trying to get on the message board from my phone to post setlist updates, and it definitely takes more than a few seconds, at least for me. Maybe it was my reception I had in the arena, I don't know. But you're missing parts of the show to post on the board, for information people will get later on anyway. The way I see it, it's nice when people do take the time to update the setlist from the show, but far from something we should EXPECT, and especially get upset when they don't.

I hope to one day lol, but I'm not getting raging mad (sorry for seeming that way) and yes I do know that it isn't expected but still, you know what this will probably be my final time making an update thread, so have funs guys so whatever......

now watch this happen in another update thread, oh wait nevermind....

Edited by Nicc

EPIC!! RT @BobMaron Had an @livenation reunion @palladiumLA w/ @DirtNasty @RadioVendetta @SteveHerman @robpatterson666 & Chief GNR rocked!. Charlie Sheen

One of them took a pic from the upper section, from the right side of the stage (facing the stage). Someone like that can just sneak in after the show starts.

People are seriously bitching that none of us at the shows posted live updates?

Fuck right off, you spoiled, whiny, entitled bitches.

Why on earth would I waste my time updating every five minutes? Only to have some douche bag reply right after, "derrr I bet civil war, shacklers, then heavens door after that..."

Seriously some of you need a life. Right, I'm gonna go out of my way at MY show to post updates only to a: have nobgobblers predicting everything anyway, and/or b: have people bitch about the setlist anyway.

Yeah no thanks. Here's my offer - I enjoy the show I paid for, you be grateful for whatever info anyone chooses to provide you when they don't really have to :-)

Edited by MarlaHooch

People are seriously bitching that none of us at the shows posted live updates?

Fuck right off, you spoiled, whiny, entitled bitches.

Why on earth would I waste my time updating every five minutes? Only to have some douche bag reply right after, "derrr I bet civil war, shacklers, then heavens door after that..."

Seriously some of you need a life. Right, I'm gonna go out of my way at MY show to post updates only to a: have nobgobblers predicting everything anyway, and/or b: have people bitch about the setlist anyway.

Yeah no thanks. Here's my offer - I enjoy the show I paid for, you be grateful for whatever info anyone chooses to provide you when they don't really have to :-)

I remember texting updates to the 2006 Oakland Show, the one when Lars played OTGM. And back then texting was a bitch with the number keys, and the peanut gallery bitched and made jokes. There is some truth to what you are saying. Don't you dare be too positive, or enjoy the new music too much, lest you be slandered. Last night was the best show I have ever seen, bar none, and I don't give a shit if you don't like it MOTHRA or whatever your name is.

PART_1331360182679.jpg

Suck it.

Being quite honest. The way most of the people on this site treat people, i am surprised anyone would help. I will not be doing updates in the summer for the users here. the mods and a few users are the only reason i visit mygnr. it's good for news etc. with Gunsguy doing most of the updates. But as far as me posting any bootlegs etc for this site, no chance, all you get is bitching with not a word of thanks

Just thought I'd add for all you Charlie buffs, he was out by 2 or 2:30. Even 7 gram rocks have trouble getting a man through a 3:30 am concert! Looked at another way, I out-lasted/out-Charlied Charlie!

wow so Charlie didn't watch the whole show?

To all you threatening not to do updates anymore its okay! The setlist never changes anyway holmes so we'll all be just peachy. Cheers!

Hey wait we won't know if You're Crazy is played or Used To Love her or if it's Riff Raff or Rosie