Can we just get the next album's title?

Kaneda

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do some of us think just because the UYI albums came out as a double that the next GN'R record will be a sequel to CD? Or is it because Axl said there is a few albums worth of material?

Guest gunns5

Do some of us think just because the UYI albums came out as a double that the next GN'R record will be a sequel to CD? Or is it because Axl said there is a few albums worth of material?

that would be the best case scenario, as Axl said the next album/songs are 'darker and meaner in some places' soul monster/ the general/etc , so it would mean that the bucket material would still be a priority in getting out to the masses, as it almost follows along the same vein as CD.

Yeah, yeah, these intimate gigs have been great, but now what? I want something new to obsessively wish for, you know, so like 10 years from now, I can say, "I've been waiting for (fill in album title) for 10 years!" It could fucking be called anything and I'd lose my mind all over again. Shit, call it Guns N Roses Rigatoni Incident and I'd be like, "FUCK YEAH, the PASTA TRILOGY IS ALMOST COMPLETE!!!" Game changing shit guys. But fuck the game, just give me an album title and let the wait begin. There's nothing to wait for now. We're like a bunch of fucktards, trying to guess set lists and what time they'll hit the stage. I swear, we must have the most boring message board compared to other message boards. You know, the kinds of message boards where the band actually engages with the fans, and every few years releases new music for them to dissect. But fuck that, I don't even need any of that, I just need an album title. That's all. Two words, fuck it, could even be just one word, like - Guns N Roses Jamboree - Notice what I did there, I made a fucking one word album title and look at that, it turned out to be a fucking brilliant one. Fucking who needs marketing? We'll do this shit live god dammit.

Haven't you heard this is not the way things work in GNR world. No one is going to inform you of anything.

Then let me inform you of my foot up your ass.

What the truth hurts?

By the way I think that Axl is doing a very sloppy job bandleader-wise. Sure people love the tours, the press is beginning to support him but if another year passes without a new album he will lose the little momentum he has gained. The lack of information regarding the future is also a very bad tactic and I am surprised he does not realize it.

By the way I think that Axl is doing a very sloppy job bandleader-wise. Sure people love the tours, the press is beginning to support him but if another year passes without a new album he will lose the little momentum he has gained. The lack of information regarding the future is also a very bad tactic and I am surprised he does not realize it.

I don't think he cares about these things very much :)

As long as he doesn't lose his interest in releasing more music I'll be happy.

Well, you're not wrong.

There's so many reasons why putting out new music this year would be to the band and Axl's advantage. The fact that it probably won't happen is pretty depressing. :shrugs:

that would be the best case scenario, as Axl said the next album/songs are 'darker and meaner in some places' soul monster/ the general/etc , so it would mean that the bucket material would still be a priority in getting out to the masses, as it almost follows along the same vein as CD.

But most of what he said was mentioned almost six years ago. He alluded to the idea of releasing an album a year after Chinese Democracy in 2008, but obviously that didn't happen. He also gave a tentative release date for Chinese Democracy for March 2007, off by a year and a half. The man is well-intentioned, but his follow-through is horrendous. Not all of it may be in his control, as I imagine negotiations with the label/recording/mixing likely took longer than he had anticipated. Couple this with a revolving door of musicians who present themselves as band members and it's not a situation that yields efficient production.

Yet the point is that you can't take what Axl said six years ago and still think it applies. Very little what he insinuated ever happened. Axl may no longer have any interest or motivation to release music that involves people who haven't been in the band for eight to five years. He's just as likely to be excited about new material he and Ashba have been working. The point is: we have no idea. So until Axl mentions something about releasing new music and what his plans are, it seems foolish to interpret what he said years ago and still consider it relevant.

Cheers,

Andrew

But most of what he said was mentioned almost six years ago. He alluded to the idea of releasing an album a year after Chinese Democracy in 2008, but obviously that didn't happen. He also gave a tentative release date for Chinese Democracy for March 2007, off by a year and a half. The man is well-intentioned, but his follow-through is horrendous. Not all of it may be in his control, as I imagine negotiations with the label/recording/mixing likely took longer than he had anticipated. Couple this with a revolving door of musicians who present themselves as band members and it's not a situation that yields efficient production.

Yet the point is that you can't take what Axl said six years ago and still think it applies. Very little what he insinuated ever happened. Axl may no longer have any interest or motivation to release music that involves people who haven't been in the band for eight to five years. He's just as likely to be excited about new material he and Ashba have been working. The point is: we have no idea. So until Axl mentions something about releasing new music and what his plans are, it seems foolish to interpret what he said years ago and still consider it relevant.

Cheers,

Andrew

Great post Andrew. Axl's intentions are good, but the follow through is indeed horrendous.

As for the question as to why we believe the there is another album, the following titles have been confirmed. Axl intened to release it as recent as 2009, when he mentioned that Robin plays a "Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track, and how it's "meaner in some parts and darker in some."

The General (Axl) Co-Written by Brain

Atlas Shrugged (Axl) - May feature Brian May on guitar

Zodiac (Axl)

Thyme (Axl) Orchestrations by Marco Beltrami

Quick Song (Axl)

Silkworms (Axl)

Soul Monster (Axl) Orchestrations by Marco Beltrami

Beta's Barn (Confirmed by Chris Pitman, Mentioned it's his favorite track)

Seven (Axl) Orchestrations by Marco Betrami, mentioned it's his personal favorite

'Jackie Chan' (Axl)

Down By The Ocean (Axl)

We Were Lying (Dizzy confirmed title in 2004)

Ides Of March (Axl)

Yeah, yeah, these intimate gigs have been great, but now what? I want something new to obsessively wish for, you know, so like 10 years from now, I can say, "I've been waiting for (fill in album title) for 10 years!" It could fucking be called anything and I'd lose my mind all over again. Shit, call it Guns N Roses Rigatoni Incident and I'd be like, "FUCK YEAH, the PASTA TRILOGY IS ALMOST COMPLETE!!!" Game changing shit guys. But fuck the game, just give me an album title and let the wait begin. There's nothing to wait for now. We're like a bunch of fucktards, trying to guess set lists and what time they'll hit the stage. I swear, we must have the most boring message board compared to other message boards. You know, the kinds of message boards where the band actually engages with the fans, and every few years releases new music for them to dissect. But fuck that, I don't even need any of that, I just need an album title. That's all. Two words, fuck it, could even be just one word, like - Guns N Roses Jamboree - Notice what I did there, I made a fucking one word album title and look at that, it turned out to be a fucking brilliant one. Fucking who needs marketing? We'll do this shit live god dammit.

Haven't you heard this is not the way things work in GNR world. No one is going to inform you of anything.

Good one :rofl-lol::thumbsup:

Your post makes sense. It would be great to have something to catch on and hold till your last drop of hope (and hope dies last, as you probably know)

Good one :rofl-lol::thumbsup:

Your post makes sense. It would be great to have something to catch on and hold till your last drop of hope (and hope dies last, as you probably know)

Truth really does hurt!

Edited by sleeper

Cheers,

Andrew

Great post Andrew. Axl's intentions are good, but the follow through is indeed horrendous.

As for the question as to why we believe the there is another album, the following titles have been confirmed. Axl intened to release it as recent as 2009, when he mentioned that Robin plays a "Stevie Ray Vaughan-type solo on one track, and how it's "meaner in some parts and darker in some."

The General (Axl) Co-Written by Brain

Atlas Shrugged (Axl) - May feature Brian May on guitar

Zodiac (Axl)

Thyme (Axl) Orchestrations by Marco Beltrami

Quick Song (Axl)

Silkworms (Axl)

Soul Monster (Axl) Orchestrations by Marco Beltrami

Beta's Barn (Confirmed by Chris Pitman, Mentioned it's his favorite track)

Seven (Axl) Orchestrations by Marco Betrami, mentioned it's his personal favorite

'Jackie Chan' (Axl)

Down By The Ocean (Axl)

We Were Lying (Dizzy confirmed title in 2004)

Ides Of March (Axl)

I do believe there is another album or 2 of the CD sessions but I don't think my question was worded correctly. What I am asking is do people think this is going to be another UYI type of deal where the records were linked? If so, why do we think that?

You don't make an album like Chinese Democracy without having a sequel in the works.

Why would you make a sequel to something that was largely ignored by a majority of people. If I were Axl, I'm not sure I'd want to associate any new music with the period that was Chinese Democracy. If Chinese Democracy had blown up then yeah, this might make sense.

Would you suggest the same with the movie John Carter?