Can we just get the next album's title?

Kaneda

Yeah, yeah, these intimate gigs have been great, but now what? I want something new to obsessively wish for, you know, so like 10 years from now, I can say, "I've been waiting for (fill in album title) for 10 years!" It could fucking be called anything and I'd lose my mind all over again. Shit, call it Guns N Roses Rigatoni Incident and I'd be like, "FUCK YEAH, the PASTA TRILOGY IS ALMOST COMPLETE!!!" Game changing shit guys. But fuck the game, just give me an album title and let the wait begin. There's nothing to wait for now. We're like a bunch of fucktards, trying to guess set lists and what time they'll hit the stage. I swear, we must have the most boring message board compared to other message boards. You know, the kinds of message boards where the band actually engages with the fans, and every few years releases new music for them to dissect. But fuck that, I don't even need any of that, I just need an album title. That's all. Two words, fuck it, could even be just one word, like - Guns N Roses Jamboree - Notice what I did there, I made a fucking one word album title and look at that, it turned out to be a fucking brilliant one. Fucking who needs marketing? We'll do this shit live god dammit.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, yeah, these intimate gigs have been great, but now what? I want something new to obsessively wish for, you know, so like 10 years from now, I can say, "I've been waiting for (fill in album title) for 10 years!" It could fucking be called anything and I'd lose my mind all over again. Shit, call it Guns N Roses Rigatoni Incident and I'd be like, "FUCK YEAH, the PASTA TRILOGY IS ALMOST COMPLETE!!!" Game changing shit guys. But fuck the game, just give me an album title and let the wait begin. There's nothing to wait for now. We're like a bunch of fucktards, trying to guess set lists and what time they'll hit the stage. I swear, we must have the most boring message board compared to other message boards. You know, the kinds of message boards where the band actually engages with the fans, and every few years releases new music for them to dissect. But fuck that, I don't even need any of that, I just need an album title. That's all. Two words, fuck it, could even be just one word, like - Guns N Roses Jamboree - Notice what I did there, I made a fucking one word album title and look at that, it turned out to be a fucking brilliant one. Fucking who needs marketing? We'll do this shit live god dammit.

Haven't you heard this is not the way things work in GNR world. No one is going to inform you of anything.

Haven't you heard this is not the way things work in GNR world. No one is going to inform you of anything.

Then let me inform you of my foot up your ass.

Weren't you the same dude complaining about people complaining about the setlist not long ago? Now you are complaining about the lack of a known title for the next album. Funny.

C'mon don't hold back now - tell us what you REALLY think :lol:

I don't even want an album title name, I just want some concrete evidence that we could hear new music in the near future. Any update, like what's going on with the record company regarding a new album, or how many songs are supposed to be on the next album, or even a few tracks we could expect on the next album. Al we have heard was DJ saying he has "12 songs for Axl and he likes them," but working on completely new songs could take years to finish, especially with a perfectionist like Axl Rose. Just release the older material, then work on new material afterwards. I understand alot of of older material has music from Buckethead and Robin Finck, but it still most likely would be awesome. Hell, release a double album with all the music that was recorded in the last decade and a half (which is a dream in itself) so the die-hard fans could be happy. Just put up a album of old material on iTunes, or thier new website for purchase. There's many ways to put out music today, many ways to update the fans on the working of a new album, or the release of one.

Even releasing a new single would be good for the hardcore fans who want new music. I understand at the concerts, there may not be alot of people who care to hear new music, they just want to hear the hits, but there are many people who want to hear new music. Chinese Democracy was awesome, and I (as many others) would love to hear what else Axl has in store.

I continue to hope that "There would be new album in 2012" was Axl just so all the speculation, conspiracies, cryptic message from the GN'R camp, wishful thinking, hoping and dreaming would be over.

Seven.

that would work..if not including Live Like a Suicide, this would be the 7th release by the band: AFD, Lies, UYI I, UYI II, Spaghetti, CD, SEVEN!

although Sixx:AM sort of beat Gn'R to it by releasing that acoustic record called '7'...

i'd like the name though, it is the lucky number and the Fincher film is one of my all-time favorites, one of those films where the serial killer makes so much sense that you start questioning your whole belief system

...and on that note, Gn'R has definitely made me question a lot of things about people and life in general

Edited by ppruks

Considering most people in the band have acknowledged that they still need to get into the recording studio, the next album is years away. Chinese Democracy took years to write/record/mix, so if they're still in the writing and recording phase, along with a summer long tour planned, it doesn't seem likely that we'll hear any new music from GNR via a new album. Who knows, perhaps they'll release a new song here and there.

Add this to the fact that it seems like things aren't settled with the band and the record label. Axl mentioned in the Trunk interview that they have to see where they stand with the label. It strikes me as very likely that more negotiations will be required to get any new music out. But who knows.

The only person who seems optimistic about new music coming out soon is DJ. Considering he wasn't around during the trials and tribulations of Chinese Democracy and what it took to get it out, something tells me that he's looking at things through rose coloured glasses. I think the cold hard reality of GNR and its ability to release new material will soon become apparent to DJ.

But we'll see...

How did we first hear that the last record will be called Chinese Democracy? I first read it in a kerrang mag back in 2000, but how did the name become apparent?

I remember YEARS ago on the GNR fan mailing list (before CD got it's name), some douchebag came up with "Sugar Fix" and that name stuck for like a year. everyone believed the idiot's story too: "My dad owns a recording studio and Axl's recording there. The album is called 'Sugar Fix' "