Motivation - what do you think?

Strange Broue

A little bit generic for my tastes. Thankfully, Tommy doesn't expresses himself too much with GNR (with so many other instruments, it must be kinda hard, too).

But if Axl brought up something like I used to love her back to the set, I guess we could see some generic-rock songs on the future. Axl may be too old for the blips and blops from synths and drum machines.

love the song. was one of the main things i was looking forward to seeing on the up close and personal tour. a lot of my buddies weren't familiar with stinson's solo stuff, so i bought a bunch of village gorilla head CDs and gave them to my friends.

No wonder they are your friends....

But yeah, great song :)

REALLY love the song form the live versions ive heard...sounds like a great punk tinged rock number, i especially love the version on that talk show..however ive not heard the studio version before

so would somebody...PLEASE PLEASE be able to upload the studio version to youtube? maybe you mistersaintlaurent seeing as i know you said you had it

Tommy is a great, legendary musician. He got sick of covering The Who & Dead Boys so he tossed his solo song into the mix. He sings it a bit differently olive with GNR than he does in studio/live on his solo gigs.

Its always a blast hearing this tune live, but amazed at how many of you fuckers stand around going "what song is this?" Its a great fucking tune, and I love rocking ouT to it when he plays it.

Given the chance, catch him solo, put all your bias aside and go see a legend. Without The Stinson Brothers/The Replacements a lot of bands would not be here today.

#MinneapolisRockScene.

Just realized that in the two Rio shows I went to Tommy didn't have a solo spot. In 2010, it must've been a bad day for him 'cause I barely saw him onstage. It was like he was back there with Chris, and in RiR we got no Motivation or My Generation.