Thin Lizzy to Support GnR on full UK tour

AxlIsGod.

http://www.realgonerocks.com/2012/03/thin-lizzy-to-support-guns-n-roses-on-uk-tour/

It has been announced that the current line-up of Thin Lizzy – featuring classic members Scott Gorham and Brian Downey, fronted by The Almighty’s Ricky Warwick – are to support Guns N’ Roses on their upcoming UK tour.

The confirmed May/June dates are as follows:

May 19th Nottingham – Capital FM Arena

May 20th Liverpool – Echo Arena

May 23rd Newcastle – Metro Radio Arena

May 25th Glasgow – SECC

May 26th Birmingham – LG Arena

May 29th Manchester – MEN Arena

May 31st London – 02 Arena

June 1st London – 02 Arena

Since Lizzy already had tour commitments of their own in May, six of the eight original Thin Lizzy shows have been shifted to November/December.

The new dates are as follows:

Bournemouth Academy – November 30th

Norwich UEA – December 3rd

Middlesborough Empire – December 5th

Liverpool Academy – December 7th

Edinburgh Picture House – December 8th

Nottingham Rock City – December 9th

I was surprised to hear that Thin Lizzy were opening, not because I don't like them or anything. But because I thought they were a much bigger band than what it seems in todays climate. I never realised they are playing small venues like clubs and Academys, and obscure citys.

I'll be seeing Guns quite a few times in the UK, so I'm not complaining. Still probably would have prefered Sebastian Bach, just because I know more of his songs and really appreciate him as a performer.

Oneinamillion - even at their peak Lizzy never really broke out in the states, although they were really big in Europe. If Phil was still alive i'm sure they would be doing bigger gigs. Just think if they can book consistant gigs this size with only 2 original members then the possibilities if they still had their singer are much greater.