Greenday to induct GNR

VillageGorillaHead

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumle confirmed : No new songs in Europe.

Link?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=185592

That just says that they don't have any prepared. They could pull some out for rehearsals.

Doubtful, I know, but it is a possibility.

I doubt a new album will be out soon so no surprise really re no new songs, I guess if DJ has a ton of songs done after this tour Axl'll have to decide whether to put out a completely new record, release the CD era stuff or combine the two. Would however be awesome if they do a new song randomly.

Personally I'll be happy if I hear Estranged and/or Civil War at Hellfest.

Dj looks more like Billy Joe

Dj looks like Chris Angel Mindfreak with a "demented" Gibson. :tongue2:

Say what you will about DJ, but I think we all can agree most of his guitars are atrocious looking.

His guitar with the cigarette burns looks freaking sweet.

You mean the one where it appears as someone has opened a babies diaper and splatted the contents on the guitar in certain parts. Lame as hell attempt to be cool. Complete fail.

Hmmm... No. They look like cigarette burns. Not baby shit. I think it looks bad-ass.

It looks like a really deteriorated guitar. Badass? Hell no.

Dj looks more like Billy Joe

Dj looks like Chris Angel Mindfreak with a "demented" Gibson. :tongue2:

Say what you will about DJ, but I think we all can agree most of his guitars are atrocious looking.

His guitar with the cigarette burns looks freaking sweet.

You mean the one where it appears as someone has opened a babies diaper and splatted the contents on the guitar in certain parts. Lame as hell attempt to be cool. Complete fail.

Hmmm... No. They look like cigarette burns. Not baby shit. I think it looks bad-ass.

It looks like a really deteriorated guitar. Badass? Hell no.

I've got nothing against DJ's guitars... But that cigarette burn story he told that interviewer saying "It started as something unplanned..." that was bullshit. He did it 'cause he thought It'd look cool.

Is the fact that Green Day inducting GN'R more focused on then GNR are being inducted? I was mistaken about the fanbase as a whole it appears, I thought we prefer positive things

GNR ARE BEING INDUCTED

Let's try and remember that, I could give a rat's ass who is doing it, I am proud of the band for this recognition

Exactly.

I'm starting to think people on this forum aren't happy unless they are mad, griping or fighting with somebody.

Coulda been the Rolling Stones and folks would still be complaining.....

Is the fact that Green Day inducting GN'R more focused on then GNR are being inducted? I was mistaken about the fanbase as a whole it appears, I thought we prefer positive things

GNR ARE BEING INDUCTED

Let's try and remember that, I could give a rat's ass who is doing it, I am proud of the band for this recognition

Exactly.

I'm starting to think people on this forum aren't happy unless they are mad, griping or fighting with somebody.

Coulda been the Rolling Stones and folks would still be complaining.....

I'm with you. I don't like Green Day by any means but I could care less who inducts the band. The important thing is the band is getting in. Sure, it'd be cool and probably more appropriate if it were Elton John or someone more associated with the band, but at the end of the day I'm more anxious to see what happens when whoever shows up from Guns takes the stage.

Now, if we get a Velvet Revolver/Van Halen scenario and Green Day plays some Guns N' Roses songs, then I'm out.

Shoulda been Aerosmith or AC, but put me in the camp of "Who cares who is inducting?" Do GNR truly deserve better at this point given how they've treated the whole deal?

It'll be just like VH's induction and just be glad they got in, let alone on 1st ballot. At the end of the day, nothing surprising is happening(or not happening) here. To the contrary, sadly, it's playing out just like most of us would've expected...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

First of all, it's Green Day, not Greenday. Show some respect. :rolleyes:

Second of all, Green Day is a perfect band to induct GN'R. Both Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion heavily influenced Green Day. From their simplistic beginnings, to their more recent

bigger productions, Green Day has much gone the way of GN'R in terms of diversity. rock1

Third of all, Green Day will honor GN'R by playing It's So Easy (early Green Day style) and Don't Cry (latter Green Day style). My prediction. :thumbsup:

Edited by Yesterdaze

Second of all, Green Day is a perfect band to induct GN'R. Both Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion heavily influenced Green Day. From their simplistic beginnings, to their more recent

bigger productions, Green Day has much gone the way of GN'R in terms of diversity. rock1

Third of all, Green Day will honor GN'R by playing It's So Easy (early Green Day style) and Don't Cry (latter Green Day style). My prediction. :thumbsup:

That's a good analogy, I wonder if that's true? Billie Joe is an eloquent dude when he wants to be, so it should be a good speech. GN'R and Green Day were my favorite bands when I was 12, well over half a life ago, so I'm loving this!

That'd be a cool induction performance too if the band can't get it together.

Damn, this is the worst post of the thread. I'm happy for you for wanting greenday (improper punctuation is intentional.) to ruin any Guns song, but I'm pretty sure that you will be in the minority when it comes to fans of both the old and new band.

We've already heard their pathetic attempt at S.C.o.M., I really don't want to here their lack of talent ruin anything else.

We could start a poll if you wish.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

Damn, this is the worst post of the thread. I'm happy for you for wanting greenday (improper punctuation is intentional.) to ruin any Guns song, but I'm pretty sure that you will be in the minority when it comes to fans of both the old and new band.

We've already heard their pathetic attempt at S.C.o.M., I really don't want to here their lack of talent ruin anything else.

"Here" is not a verb.

"Here" is not a verb.

Yup. I'm drunk, fuck it. Doesn't change my point at all.

Thanks though.

Of course! Having a band of Green Day's stature would be an incredible tribute to the greatest band of all time. Why not?!?!

On top of that, GN'R needs a proper tribute album, with contemporary bands that people have actually heard of.

Really? I respect your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it, but I put Green Day on the same pedestal that I put Justin Beiber.

I suspect that they have much of the same fan base.