Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

"Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected." Axl Rose

I mean really!Come on! Did he think for one minute that they would induct the band that he has now for an album they didn't write?Or an era in which they were not in the band?Has it been 25 yrs yet since CD?Does he think they will offer an induction then?Do you guys really think CD will be induction worthy?Who's foolin who here? :rofl-lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been intrigued with Axl and thought part of what made him so great was that he was an ass. He's carried it too far this time.

It's time to let it go man. Seriously, what could Slash have done so long ago that Axl just refuses to let it go to this day? There's no other way to describe it other than he's just carried this charade on so long now that he thinks he has to just keep it going. If he comes off of his stance now, he'll look like a complete sellout like so many before have done. Simply childish.

This wasn't about a 'reunion' for me personally and I don't expect the old members to play together ever again. I just wanted him to man up just one last time for himself and accept the hall of fame induction that he deserves along with all the other guys.

Axl, you sir, I'm proud to say that you haven't gotten any of my money since Chinese democracy, and you aren't getting another penny. You're not 24 anymore and you ain't the badass you think you still are. Not showing up for your own HOF induction is stupid, not cool. You're aging, overweight, and your voice is gone. My advice to would have been to go grab that last few minutes of mainstream fame you still have and enjoy it but you're to prideful to do that aren't ya?

http://youtu.be/A5BwZQhGyiw

has a big time rock band ever been managed by family members with 0 managing experience?

god that was awkward as hell

I love Axl because he's crazy, but he really is that crazy and its sad sometimes. There's nobody like Axl Rose.

That video is cringe worthy.

Explain.

I need to explain it? The Axl/Beta relationship is totally weird.

How so? You didn't explain anything... :(

if Axl hates the old line up, then he should man up and drop all songs written before 1996.

show us what you are really made of it the old band is such an albatros for you gingerboy!!!!

(oh that's right, you did and it sold about 200 copies)

keep on truckin' Axl, because today you lost a LOT of fans.

you know, the people that paid for your mansion?

what a deluded silly little man.

I agree. He should stop playing the original songs and choose another name if he doesn't want to discuss reunion shows anymore. People discuss it so much because he's out there with a cover band pretending to be Guns N' Roses.

I've always been intrigued with Axl and thought part of what made him so great was that he was an ass. He's carried it too far this time.

It's time to let it go man. Seriously, what could Slash have done so long ago that Axl just refuses to let it go to this day?

It's kinda written in the letter. "People get divorced". And that's basicly it, I understand it. Maybe just compare it to a marriage/relationsship.

Things can go right or wrong (very wrong) there, and here things did.

In my opinion there are a lot of valid points in that letter, but other then many people here I already expected nothing to happen, which makes it easier to accept.

To the general public who do not know everything we hardcore GNR fans do, it looks like a giant cop out (well even to a lot of people here it looks like a cop out) and there is already a monstrous amount of backlash against Axl in the comments sections for all of these sites that are covering this

Edited by WhazUp

I can't believe there are people sticking up for Axl in this situation. Come on. I love Axl as a performer but how can anyone not realize what an asshole this guy is?

Is something wrong with your functioning brain? Cause he didn't want to show up? There are other situations that Axl makes me give him the side-eye (hell downzy had a point about him apparently withdrawing his name from induction, I mean really Axl lol?) but this otherwise? Please

Edited by Nicc

Axl shows up, shakes some hands and plays two songs with the old band and then they all go their separate ways. There's nothing negative about that. OK, so let's say hypothetically speaking that more people would want a reunion tour. So, what? Axl NEVER talks to the press anyway. It's not like he'd be answering questions left and right about a reunion. If anything, Slash would be faced with the brunt of it since he has his new album coming out next month and is gonna be doing tons of press for it.

People were still going to want a reunion just as badly no matter what Axl did. If anything, Axl not going may make people crave a reunion even more.

This next tours gonna be interesting. There's gonna be some pissed people out there. I think it could be a hard one. I expect angry crowds and poor sales at a lot of the shows

he doesn't seem to realize the ramifications of that little letter of his.

i expect this will be the last straw for most fans over 30 years old.

see ya AXL

All the outrage over Axl's decision (and letter) is one of the funniest things I've seen on these boards in a while. All the holier than thou, hypocritical backlash is really a sight to behold. Let's see, where to begin:

Axl had four "realistic" options, with four virtually identical sets of consequences:

-Say nothing, don't show up. Consequence: "they" call Axl a bitter, childish asshole who doesn't even respect "the fans" enough to let them know he won't be attending or why; same old, same old, Axl never communicates, people would be more accepting of his actions/choices if he had the common courtesy to explain things once in a while. The same people would either completely ignore the fact that Izzy didn't show up without saying anything, or simply write it off as "Izzy being Izzy"

-Show up, don't perform. Consequence: "they" say that Axl is a bitter, childish asshole who couldn't set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band; only showed up because he couldn't stand to see the old band collect accolades that he believes belong to him

-Show up, perform. Consequence: "they" would not be placated. While "they" claim that all they're asking/hoping for is for Axl to set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band, the moment Axl did it, that wouldn't be enough. "They" haven't gotten the message that Axl has stated very clearly for many years on the times he has spoken publicly: that he doesn't want a reunion. "They" would use this one off event as evidence of how "amazing" a reunion would be. "They" would be even more vocal than "they" already are about how Axl should ditch the new band and do a full blown reunion. "They" would call Axl a bitter, childish asshole for not "giving the fans what they want" and doing a full blown reunion.

-Don't show up, explain why. Consequence: you guessed it. "They" are calling Axl a bitter, childish asshole who is ruining it for the fans. And by writing a letter, he's simply proving that he's a drama queen who needs to make it all about him, all the time; "they" are saying it would be more respectable if, like Izzy, he just didn't say anything at all and didn't show up (yes, these are the same people who constantly complain about his "lack of communication" with the fans).

Let's face it: there was nothing Axl could do to placate 95% of the people who are pissed off. "They" would be right back to bitching relentlessly about everything he did within a month or two, regardless of his decision, unless his decision was to disintegrate the new band and do a reunion. That's it. That's the only thing that would truly satisfy them and there's no way in hell that was going to happen.

Then let's get to the levels of hypocrisy displayed by 95% of the people who are irate that Axl isn't showing up. "They" like to say that Axl is childish, petty, etc. Yet "they're" reacting like a bunch of 14 year olds who just got dumped for the first time, calling Axl names, saying that "they'll" never support anything Axl does again and boycotting all future shows, selling their tickets, etc. Essentially acting like Axl personally came and took a dump on their living room floor because he won't show up at an event and hang out with people that he doesn't like or want to associate with, just so they can get 10 or 15 minutes of enjoyment.

"Why can't Axl just show up and play 2 or 3 songs with the original lineup"

Why can't "they" just get over it? I guess "they" don't realize the irony of spewing so much venom at someone for not doing what "they" want, and calling that person pathetic and childish, when "they" are absolutely livid and whining as though Axl has ruined their life/hopes/dreams by not showing up and putting on a forced performance for a few minutes at an awards show. Pretty laughable, actually. Needless to say it's been an entertaining day on the Guns boards.

Nice to see people's opinions are great jerking off material for you.

All the outrage over Axl's decision (and letter) is one of the funniest things I've seen on these boards in a while. All the holier than thou, hypocritical backlash is really a sight to behold. Let's see, where to begin:

Axl had four "realistic" options, with four virtually identical sets of consequences:

-Say nothing, don't show up. Consequence: "they" call Axl a bitter, childish asshole who doesn't even respect "the fans" enough to let them know he won't be attending or why; same old, same old, Axl never communicates, people would be more accepting of his actions/choices if he had the common courtesy to explain things once in a while. The same people would either completely ignore the fact that Izzy didn't show up without saying anything, or simply write it off as "Izzy being Izzy"

-Show up, don't perform. Consequence: "they" say that Axl is a bitter, childish asshole who couldn't set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band; only showed up because he couldn't stand to see the old band collect accolades that he believes belong to him

-Show up, perform. Consequence: "they" would not be placated. While "they" claim that all they're asking/hoping for is for Axl to set aside his "petty grudges" for 15 minutes to perform with the old band, the moment Axl did it, that wouldn't be enough. "They" haven't gotten the message that Axl has stated very clearly for many years on the times he has spoken publicly: that he doesn't want a reunion. "They" would use this one off event as evidence of how "amazing" a reunion would be. "They" would be even more vocal than "they" already are about how Axl should ditch the new band and do a full blown reunion. "They" would call Axl a bitter, childish asshole for not "giving the fans what they want" and doing a full blown reunion.

-Don't show up, explain why. Consequence: you guessed it. "They" are calling Axl a bitter, childish asshole who is ruining it for the fans. And by writing a letter, he's simply proving that he's a drama queen who needs to make it all about him, all the time; "they" are saying it would be more respectable if, like Izzy, he just didn't say anything at all and didn't show up (yes, these are the same people who constantly complain about his "lack of communication" with the fans).

Let's face it: there was nothing Axl could do to placate 95% of the people who are pissed off. "They" would be right back to bitching relentlessly about everything he did within a month or two, regardless of his decision, unless his decision was to disintegrate the new band and do a reunion. That's it. That's the only thing that would truly satisfy them and there's no way in hell that was going to happen.

Then let's get to the levels of hypocrisy displayed by 95% of the people who are irate that Axl isn't showing up. "They" like to say that Axl is childish, petty, etc. Yet "they're" reacting like a bunch of 14 year olds who just got dumped for the first time, calling Axl names, saying that "they'll" never support anything Axl does again and boycotting all future shows, selling their tickets, etc. Essentially acting like Axl personally came and took a dump on their living room floor because he won't show up at an event and hang out with people that he doesn't like or want to associate with, just so they can get 10 or 15 minutes of enjoyment.

Why can't "they" just get over it? I guess "they" don't realize the irony of spewing so much venom at someone for not doing what "they" want, and calling that person pathetic and childish, when "they" are absolutely livid and whining as though Axl has ruined their life/hopes/dreams by not showing up and putting on a forced performance for a few minutes at an awards show. Pretty laughable, actually. Needless to say it's been an entertaining day on the Guns boards.

Yeah. Laughing at morons is fun

No I dont think he does realise what will happen Spaghetti. Unfortunately the people that he employs tell him that everything he does is brilliant so he never gets to hear sense. He thinks every decision he makes is a good one

Axl can't possibly show up. Would you want to walk on stage and appear with 4 former band members who got you to where you are, knowing the kind of stunts you pulled to own the name etc etc etc.

My guess is, Axl will either ignore the whole thing, because he is too busy touring, or he just might do a live video link, because that's a safe thing to do, and would suite him better.

I just do not get it.

If you use uncle axl's divorce analogy, then this would be the equivalent of the parents getting together for the kids graduation.

Yeah, you may hate the other person, but your child is getting an award, be a man for 20 minutes and accept it otherwise you look like a silly little man with no spine

i was about to post something like "can't wait for the other guys reaction" but, truth is, they won't give a fuck, maybe steven.

i don't see slash or duff talking anything bad about it, they could joke a little, but those guys are too old for so much hatred.

like i always say, i don't lose my sleep over this, i believe axl is a mediocre human being, love his music and that's it, as a person, the guy could die tomorrow and i wouldn't really care.

we'll never see axl and slash together again and i don't care about it. i would love to see them reunited for one night because that looked more exciting than anything gnr have been doing since 2009.

i just hope we get a new cd soon, maybe i could start respecting axl again.

keep on touring your greatest hits axl, that's what i call moving on.

It's time to let it go man. Seriously, what could Slash have done so long ago that Axl just refuses to let it go to this day?

It's kinda written in the letter. "People get divorced". And that's basicly it, I understand it. Maybe just compare it to a marriage/relationsship.

Things can go right or wrong (very wrong) there, and here things did.

In my opinion there are a lot of valid points in that letter, but other then many people here I already expected nothing to happen, which makes it easier to accept.

I'm well aware of this but this isn't like we're just trying to get them all to hang out in a bar and see if they can coexist and talk about the good ol' times.

This is much bigger than that. This is the payoff of their endless hours of work and touring.

This is like a divorce for sure as he stated, but they also have a child (in this case, a HOF music career). Divorced people still can pull it together long enough for the sake of their child to make all the important events like "graduation" etc etc. I see it everyday.

Axl's acting like the parent who won't go see his kid in the hospital because the ex wife is there. He's just confirming what we all already knew in the back of our minds. Selfish and childish. He's acting like the spoiled fat yesteryear rockstar that he is.

He's made enough money from all of us to not have to worry in this lifetime so it's not a big deal to him at this point and that's all that matters I suppose. As long as he's fat and happy everyone else can just get fucked.

Yeah. Laughing at morons is fun

What are you going to laugh about next week? The fact that Axl has no new album and has to face the music out on tour to fans he has disillusioned even more? Axl means a lot to me but, blind devotion is not appropriate here.