Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, 'all' Axl has to do now is release a beast of a GNR album.... 13 songs of angry Axl screaming blue murder.

And he could come out of all of this,... looking pretty fuckin cool

LA

Indeed :D

The biggest problem is when you hold that much anger for someone, it's stops you from living life and doing the things you like to do and should be doing. If you hold a ball under water it will take both of your hands to do it. The problem is now all your energy is being used up to hold the ball under the water, now you can't swim. Let the fuck go of the hate and swim away. This is not very healthy to harbor this shit for ever. At some point you die and fine out you wasted half of your life. Talk to someone that can help, so you can get this shit of your back and start to breath again.

Marc you have said a number of times now and in tha past that Axl should get therapy to let go of his anger against Slash and I do see how that could benefit him. It's not about Slash, but about helping Axl get to a more peaceful place. But letting go of anger does not mean reforming some sort of relationship with Slash. Axl can be content in his decision to not have any relationship with Slash. It is okay to plan to never see someone again and decide it is best for your own life to make that decision. It seems like Axl is comfortable with that decision.

His letter focussed more on why his attending HOF was not a good choice for him. Although referenced, Slash did not seem to be the focus of this reasoning.

Seems such a shame that axl and slash will never speak again. I imagined this might be the one golden oppertunity to bury the hatchet,same room same time,accepting an award together might have encouraged some conversation between the pair. Alas not to be it would seem, i now think there going to the grave with nothing changing. Really is such a shame that they will never get past there differences and here I was thinking time is a great healer.

The biggest problem is when you hold that much anger for someone, it's stops you from living life and doing the things you like to do and should be doing. If you hold a ball under water it will take both of your hands to do it. The problem is now all your energy is being used up to hold the ball under the water, now you can't swim. Let the fuck go of the hate and swim away. This is not very healthy to harbor this shit for ever. At some point you die and fine out you wasted half of your life. Talk to someone that can help, so you can get this shit of your back and start to breath again.

Marc you have said a number of times now and in tha past that Axl should get therapy to let go of his anger against Slash and I do see how that could benefit him. It's not about Slash, but about helping Axl get to a more peaceful place. But letting go of anger does not mean reforming some sort of relationship with Slash. Axl can be content in his decision to not have any relationship with Slash. It is okay to plan to never see someone again and decide it is best for your own life to make that decision. It seems like Axl is comfortable with that decision.

His letter focussed more on why his attending HOF was not a good choice for him. Although referenced, Slash did not seem to be the focus of this reasoning.

I don't see where Marc is saying Axl needs to have any sort of relationship with Slash. What is perfectly clear is, Axl needs to seek some help to get rid of this shit. It's not good for anyone's soul to hold on to so much hate for so long.

Axl can go seek help, get his head right and never talk to Slash again. Displaying such a hatred for the guy so many years lately says a lot about his state of mind. It's not right.

Axl needs to get to a more peaceful place and let go of the shit. As much as he can try and play it cool saying it doesn't bother him, it's obvious that it's eating at him everyday of his life.

Edited by Shnicky

I don't see where Marc is saying Axl needs to have any sort of relationship with Slash. What is perfectly clear is, Axl needs to seek some help to get rid of this shit. It's not good for anyone's soul to hold on to so much hate for so long.

Axl can go seek help, get his head right and never talk to Slash again. Displaying such a hatred for the guy so many years lately says a lot about his state of mind. It's not right.

Axl needs to get to a more peaceful place and let go of the shit. As much as he can try and play it cool saying it doesn't bother him, it's obvious that it's eating at him everyday of his life.

We are saying the same thing, Axl can get help and still never see Slash again. But this is a thread about the letter and HOF and I don't see where Axl focussed anger or anything else on Slash.

We are saying the same thing, Axl can get help and still never see Slash again. But this is a thread about the letter and HOF and I don't see where Axl focussed anger or anything else on Slash.

Well if you want to point to a paragraph where Axl specifically focusses anger or anything on Slash, it's not there. I doubt Axl would be that stupid to do that. If you can read between the lines you don't need Axl feeding you why exactly he isn't going. Everybody knows 99% of the issue with the HOF is purely because Slash will be there. To think otherwise isn't being realistic.

It's painful to watch Axl's view on Hall Of Fame after his letter when watching this =/

listen to part 0.28-0.37......What happened to you Axl?????

Ah, this video also reminded me of how much of a fuck-up Elton John's induction was. I mean, they inducted Elton but not Bernie?! WTF?!!!

Good on Axl for including Bernie in his speech! And good on Elton for sharing his award.

Well if you want to point to a paragraph where Axl specifically focusses anger or anything on Slash, it's not there. I doubt Axl would be that stupid to do that. If you can read between the lines you don't need Axl feeding you why exactly he isn't going. Everybody knows 99% of the issue with the HOF is purely because Slash will be there. To think otherwise isn't being realistic.

I think it has a lot to do with Matt being inducted, with Steven running his mouth off, with HOF not recognizing the current lineup, with Duff and Slash trying to force Axl to play, and Slash being there.

None of this would be a problem is Axl Rose didn't tour under the name GNR. If it was 'the Axl Rose band' then he wouldn't be damaging the current band by not turning up. The current band could still make the same music and tour in the same way, only thing that would be different is the name.

He would also not be cashing in on past success too. Basically, Axl is doing exactly what he keeps saying all the promoters want to do: cash in on GNR sucess. He may not have a need to make as much money as is possible with a reunion, but by touring as 'guns and roses' it ensures ticket sales that pack out big stadiums and this suits his ego. He just thinks too much of himself to do what slash is doing and tour smaller venues and work your way up with new songs.

Thats how it is.

If its about the music then let the music stand on its own and dont call it guns n roses because its just not. Its the Axl Rose band.

Just found this on blabbermouth:

The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame will induct GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose with the rest of the band's classic lineup despite the fact that he has asked to have his name withdrawn as a member of the group he co-founded and still fronts today.

So Axl will get inducted anyway.

I think it has a lot to do with Matt being inducted, with Steven running his mouth off, with HOF not recognizing the current lineup, with Duff and Slash trying to force Axl to play, and Slash being there.

Axl has a lot of hate for Matt because he is in camp Slash (like the rest of the world...oh except Beta and his NuGuns). So, it comes back to Slash anyway you look at it.

What kind of twisted mind would even expect the new band to have anything to do with the induction. 1 album in 20 years, and a revolving door band. Fact of the matter is that Old guns were revolutionary. Nuguns have done nothing and are nothing. Whether you think they are a cool band or not doesn't change the fact that they are meaningless to the music industry today. They are touring musicians. Nothing else. I'm not trying to flame them, that's just the truth. They are allowing Axl to tour the brand Guns N' Roses. If one of them leaves, they are quickly replaced by another pro musican with equally no personality.

I agree that it is possible that Adler is dumb enough to come out and talk shit even if he didn't know what Axl had in mind. I just don't think that's the case in this situation. Especially because Slash came out just after saying "Axl hates my guts" etc. I personally believe word got to them both that it wasn't happening and Adler came out swinging. Slash, gave a more subtle hint that it wasn't going to happen.

Axl has a lot of hate for Matt because he is in camp Slash (like the rest of the world...oh except Beta and his NuGuns). So, it comes back to Slash anyway you look at it.

Yes, I agree with that, but there could also be some conflict between Axl and Matt that has nothing to do with Slash. Remember that Matt was the only one that confronted Axl about his dickish behaviour back in the days. There never seemed to be much love between them...

What kind of twisted mind would even expect the new band to have anything to do with the induction.

Axl's? ;). I think I wrote that he is pissed because HOF doesn't "acknowledge" the current lineup, this doesn't necessarily mean that he expects them to be invited, inducted, play, or anything like that, but perhaps the HOF committee explicitly told Axl that the podium would not be an acceptable arena for plugging the current lineup, and that this has pissed him off. Or perhaps Axl feels snubbed because the committee refuses to mention the current lineup when the induction is presented, I don't know what his reasons are, but it is apparent from the press release that there is some friction between Axl and HOF.

1 album in 20 years, and a revolving door band. Fact of the matter is that Old guns were revolutionary. Nuguns have done nothing and are nothing. Whether you think they are a cool band or not doesn't change the fact that they are meaningless to the music industry today. They are touring musicians. Nothing else. I'm not trying to flame them, that's just the truth. They are allowing Axl to tour the brand Guns N' Roses. If one of them leaves, they are quickly replaced by another pro musican with equally no personality.

You can't blame the current lineup for the lack of productivity the last 20 years. You can't call the current lineup "touring musicians, only", when most of them were part of the 2008 release. You can't claim they have no personality, just because you haven't paid attention. All in all you are being unfair against the current lineup and I don't know why. Are you perhaps lashing out a bit?

I agree that it is possible that Adler is dumb enough to come out and talk shit even if he didn't know what Axl had in mind. I just don't think that's the case in this situation. Especially because Slash came out just after saying "Axl hates my guts" etc. I personally believe word got to them both that it wasn't happening and Adler came out swinging. Slash, gave a more subtle hint that it wasn't going to happen.

Perhaps.

My 2 cents

- Well done for writing a letter

- Fair enough not wanting to attend

- Not accepting the induction is childish

- Everyone is to blame but himself

- Cleverly written words don't hide the bitterness

+1

Exactly, Axl always blames everybody and tries to hide his anger/bitterness which is kind of sad..I think Axl's issues are really deep-rooted and time has made them even worse, feel sorry for the guy =/

I think we GnR fans are really worried about Axl, since we are BIG family who cares the man DEEPLY!! To me and many many more fans this is sad that he can't act like grownup and just take his award with respect to fans

but in the end the ones that are gonna suffer are the fans and their loyalty to GnR..Peace.

Edited by gunnari

F U you piece of crap Axl, will never see your band again

He is such a fucking baby. Gosh.

If you understood the music business you'd understand why Axl is making this call. Everybody who is anybody in the music biz, and is trying to get AFD GN'R back together are doing it for THE MONEY. Not for the fans and not for the right reasons. The RNRHOF is an institution full of money greed music execs.

Axl is the true Rock N' Roll star! Rock N' Roll isn't about awards and shit. It's about giving your best on stage and on record no matter how long it takes.

ART DOESN'T HAVE A SCHEDULE! It happens when it should.

I don't get why you are mad at Axl. If you think that the RRHOF is important it is one thing. But most of you doesn't seem to think that and honestly, even if you just look at this year's inductees it's just not a very big deal. It's just an award, hundreds of not very special artists have gotten it and some haven't. GN'R are the same thing with or without this award. So why be angry with Axl? That is right, because you saw this as the one shot to force Axl to do what you knew he did not want to do. To reunite. So all he really did was refusing to reunite. He has been doing this for over a decade. It is his choice. For him it is his life and for us it is just entertainment.