Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl is trending on yahoo and twitter. His letter is in the Wall Street Journal. Axl is everywhere!

He is a master at getting people to talk about him and he's equally a pro at going off-the-grid as we have all witnessed throughout the better part of 18 years.

This once again proves that he's still as big as any current celebrity even though he does things on his terms in his own time. I'm no longer disappointed that he won't perform with the old band.

There is no hope for you.

If you were disappointed and aren't now, that's just silly. Bipolar much?

If you think Twitter is in any way an indication to how much of a celeb you are you're insane. The most meaningless shit trends on twitter when it's in the news.

If you think this is a great plan of Axl's because now people are talking about him...where do I start.

I'm sure Axl didn't appreciate guys that haven't been in Guns N' Roses for what.... 15 years? Speaking for Guns N' Roses. Saying stuff like Guns N' Roses wont be playing, and then flipping it and saying Oh I would love to play but it won't happen because of that Axl guy. I'm sure that didn't help the cause.

@EddieTrunk

Wonder if Axl's decision plays a role if Dizzy shows now, since he is the only other current Guns member included in the induction

@NickyChips

@EddieTrunk don't expect @DizzyReed while a donut expectation exists for Izzy

Axl is trending on yahoo and twitter. His letter is in the Wall Street Journal. Axl is everywhere!

He is a master at getting people to talk about him and he's equally a pro at going off-the-grid as we have all witnessed throughout the better part of 18 years.

This once again proves that he's still as big as any current celebrity even though he does things on his terms in his own time. I'm no longer disappointed that he won't perform with the old band.

I noticed last night Axl was mentioned in the WSJ, LA Times, USA Today, TMZ EVERYWHERE but most was not positive. I think most of the articles were well written and fair but the responses were not. I respect his decision but I dont understand it. Maybe if we knew more about the past it would be more clear. In the end as a fan it sucks he wont at least be there but VH didnt show either and look what happened.

I'm sure Axl didn't appreciate guys that haven't been in Guns N' Roses for what.... 15 years? Speaking for Guns N' Roses. Saying stuff like Guns N' Roses wont be playing, and then flipping it and saying Oh I would love to play but it won't happen because of that Axl guy. I'm sure that didn't help the cause.

Why can't they comment? They are the ones being inducted for fuck sake.

What a load of utter crap.

I'm fine that he does not want to attend, thats one thing. But to whine about "i dont want my name in the hall of fame, dont speak about me" etc. is so damn stupid, sad and irrational. I just do not get it and never will. Axl has always been my hero, and I have always been in his corner when old vs. new GnR battle has been going on, but this is too much for me.

Axl Rose: A real "class" act and an "adult".

Agreed. I'm primarily a fan of the old band (Acl included of course), and really hoped (rather than expected) that they would play one song or whatever, even as a one off it would really have made my happy.

To deny the induction altogether.....? ~What more can I say.

All I can do is boycott the new tour in protest, was waiting to see what happened before buying my ticket.

I'm sure Axl won't care and many Axlite's will lambast me, but this rollercoster ride just ain't fun any more.

I realise many fans have been alienated turned their backs before me but I guess I was just a little dumber than the rest.

What a load of utter crap.

I'm fine that he does not want to attend, thats one thing. But to whine about "i dont want my name in the hall of fame, dont speak about me" etc. is so damn stupid, sad and irrational. I just do not get it and never will. Axl has always been my hero, and I have always been in his corner when old vs. new GnR battle has been going on, but this is too much for me.

Axl Rose: A real "class" act and an "adult".

Agreed. I'm primarily a fan of the old band (Acl included of course), and really hoped (rather than expected) that they would play one song or whatever, even as a one off it would really have made my happy.

To deny the induction altogether.....? ~What more can I say.

All I can do is boycott the new tour in protest, was waiting to see what happened before buying my ticket.

I'm sure Axl won't care and many Axlite's will lambast me, but this rollercoster ride just ain't fun any more.

I realise many fans have been alienated turned their backs before me but I guess I was just a little dumber than the rest.

I don't understand. Are you saying you will deny yourself the entertainment of attending a Guns N' Roses how this summer because Axl and Izzy refuses to attend an award show for past achievements? Doesn't that make you appear a bit stupid?

There is no hope for you.

If you were disappointed and aren't now, that's just silly. Bipolar much?

If you think Twitter is in any way an indication to how much of a celeb you are you're insane. The most meaningless shit trends on twitter when it's in the news.

If you think this is a great plan of Axl's because now people are talking about him...where do I start.

I wouldn't say that I'm bipolar. I was actually considering going. I'm a huge supporter of the current band and Axl's vision. I've seen them live 14 times since 2006 and will go see them again live again the next time I have the opportunity. But as a fan of the Appetite / Illusions line-up, of course i am disappointed that I won't get to see them perform a few songs together.

What's more important than the one-off reunion performance, for me, is that Axl and this line-up move forward, as he said that he wants to do - hopefully that includes new music. Axl in the headlines is always, should I say, delightful, for me because it reminds the casual music fans that no matter how good their favorite front man is, there is one sleeping giant out there bigger and more talented, who once ruled the world like a T-Rex.

That's all.

Make sure this gets posted in the reunion section.

Why? All of the reunionists are already up here whining and crying.

Hopefully they will go back to where they came from now that there unrealistic fantasies have been destroyed.

Not sure why everyone hates the reunionists. Nothing wrong with them, and there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

Not everyone here is wanting a reunion. We just expected our favorite artist to attened the HOF for us.

Unattainable dreams are nothing to latch on to. Anyone with a single bit of common sense already knew that this was going to turn out this way.

Axl said he didn't want to ruin it for the fans. He gave fans false hope.

That's unfair. He did NOT say that he was attending. His not attending is his personal decision. If you were happy that GN'R was being honoured by the RRHOF, that remains as true now as before. Not "ruining" things shouldnt involve being forced into things you dont want to do.

Axl Rose is the last remaining rock star, at least he didn't sell out or sell his soul he belives in what he's doing, i respect him and support him.

I always have agreed with this...I envy this because you never see this anymore. Too many fake people.

Too many studio gangstas rockstars :P

People in Europe pretty much don't care about the HOF whatsoever.

Bring on the European Tour.

Do you really think all people are disapointed because of axl not attending the ceremony?!

It's the way he treats his former bandmates and his glorified past in general - demonizing everything that has to do with it but still doing a live set which consists of song that are 80 % from this time = cash grab deluxe.

Do you really think people in Europe attend the concerts because they love CD/nugnr so much?!