Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

If Axl is truly tired of hearing about a GNR reunion and wants to move on the drop the freaking name already. People will continue to bring it up because he still goes on tour and puts out an album with the Guns N' Roses name on it and it's NOT Guns N' Roses. I like this band that he's put together but this isn't Guns N' Roses. I have no idea why he won't just go on tour and put out albums as just Axl Rose.

I think Rose is very talented but come on people (those who are standing up for him here). Why can't you guys just admit that Axl is a total douchebag. He broke up what was one of the greatest rock bands of all time and now acts like a child and refuses to even be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame because he doesn't want to appear on the same stage as Slash. All the other guys from the original GNR had moved on. Why can't Axl?

Yep Axl's antics didn't help the cohesion, neither did Slash's but it was also conflicts of musical direction for the next album, you'd rather him 'Shut up and sing' or Slash sit miserable half assing stuff just to keep being that same band? Evolve or become a commodity imo.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I´m really and deeply disgusted by some of the comments I´ve read in here. Some people need to get a life. I can´t understand why so much hate and anger towards Axl and I can´t understand why they take all this stuff so personal either. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be a no win situation, it´s always been like this with Axl since the so called "fans" are NEVER happy, no matter he does things right or wrong there are always the bitter ones who are ready to start the bashing fest in a heart beat.

Whether you agree or not with his decision of not attending and not being inducted, why can´t you fucking respect it? It´s his decision not yours and if he wants it all this way, so be it.

I don't respect it because it's not a respectable decision. You don't want to show up? Fine. But releasing this letter and playing victim yet again, is just low. It makes him look ridiculous, and it's truly painful to see him that way.

People supporting this are being very foolish and blind IMO.

Better blind than being a cry baby and hoping for something that'll never happen. Not at this lifetime....

But yet you all wanna hear them cover the Appetite, Lies and Illusion songs.

What has that to do with the whole story?

If Axl wants nothing to do with the classic line-up he better stop using the classic songs.

Why should he stop using his own songs? Leave them to whom? The likes of Fergie?

These songs have nothing to do with the current version of the band.

They have nothing to do with Fergie or Myles Kennedy either but they get to sing them.

The important thing is that the songs have a lot to do with Axl Rose and he has every right to play them as long as he wants. He didnt stop singing the Izzy and Steven songs when they left. No reason to do that now.

I can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't draw a blank when I started talking about RNRHOF, I'm in the UK by the way.

It's an American thing right? That's accepted?

Same here in Portugal - no one makes a fucking idea what RNRHOF is about.

But hey if it's big in America it should big in the whole world I guess...doesn't it usually work like that? :confused:

Americans have a big ego, they believe the world moves around them...

Axl doesn't want to play with the original band, it's not like that's shocking or a new thing. I love the fact that people are going completely nuts with hate over the fact that Axl doesn't want stand up on stage and accept the induction and play two or three songs with the old band in front of mostly "elite" people (and a handful of fans who will feel let down, which is a shame). Sure, it would be recorded and we'd get to see it on Youtube... awesome... or whatever. Bottom line is that even if that would have happened, that would be it. A reunion isn't happening any time soon (or ever). People really need to accept that fact, they don't need to go see the current GN'R either. If they don't like the new group then don't go to the show. If they want to see Slash, go see him with Myles. Simple really. And in all honesty, it's the "Rock N' Roll" Hall of Fame, what does it matter that he doesn't want to be inducted? It's his choice, whatever the reason.

Also, it seems that Izzy isn't going to bother with the Hall. Why didn't everyone go crazy and call him immature when it came out that Izzy wasn't all that interested? The double standards are unreal.

Anyway, I support all the guys in what they are doing now. Just glad that they are still around doing their thing, be it together or individually.

Edited by mustaine

I´m really and deeply disgusted by some of the comments I´ve read in here. Some people need to get a life. I can´t understand why so much hate and anger towards Axl and I can´t understand why they take all this stuff so personal either. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be a no win situation, it´s always been like this with Axl since the so called "fans" are NEVER happy, no matter he does things right or wrong there are always the bitter ones who are ready to start the bashing fest in a heart beat.

Whether you agree or not with his decision of not attending and not being inducted, why can´t you fucking respect it? It´s his decision not yours and if he wants it all this way, so be it.

I don't respect it because it's not a respectable decision. You don't want to show up? Fine. But releasing this letter and playing victim yet again, is just low. It makes him look ridiculous, and it's truly painful to see him that way.

Better blind than being a cry baby and hoping for something that'll never happen. Not at this lifetime....

If Axl wants nothing to do with the classic line-up he better stop using the classic songs.

Why should he stop using his own songs? Leave them to whom? The likes of Fergie?

LOL!! "His own songs" :rofl-lol: You think Axl wrote those classics by himself?? =D

Oh no, he had absolutely nothing to do with writing them. They were written entirely by the others and infact Axl was simply lip-syncing Milli Vanilli style. :rolleyes:

The important thing is that the songs have a lot to do with Axl Rose and he has every right to play them as long as he wants. He didnt stop singing the Izzy and Steven songs when they left. No reason to do that now.

Exactly, people act as if Axl never recorded the damn songs or that he didn't invest any emotion or effort yet are forever screaming that Slash and Izzy played on them so they ought to get the credit, Axl can surely take the credit of doing the songs proud every night that he also was a major part of creating...

They have nothing to do with Fergie or Myles Kennedy either but they get to sing them.

Then again, their musical catalogue is much larger than Axl's.

And why should that matter? Do you categorize musicians with factory workers, by the sheer size of their produce?

It's not about quantity. It's about quality. Name a rock record better than Chinese Democracy during the last 5 years if you can.

Van Halen- A Different Kind of Truth

Good effort, but ... no. Just a washed up remake of their old selves. Nothing new or really exciting there.

But then, Myles and Fergie suck so bad at Axl's songs.

Don't you know, Axl is ALWAYS the victim....ALWAYS :rolleyes:

The real victim is Steven who was denied his reunion.

Chinese Democracy is fucking brilliant imo, still listen to it several times a week since it came out. Great compositions, diversity, swagger, solos and passion not to mention the killer vocals. Could do with a few less layers in places, when a trac's done it's DONE!, Scraped and the haphazard release cycle are the only downsides for me, fascinating step in the evolvement of a unique band! rock3

It's not about quantity. It's about quality. Name a rock record better than Chinese Democracy during the last 5 years if you can.

Van Halen- A Different Kind of Truth

Good effort, but ... no. Just a washed up remake of their old selves. Nothing new or really exciting there.

Agreed. No comparison at all there.

I don't even care if they didn't play. All I wanted to see was the original lineup on stage to accept the induction. That's it. They didn't need to play any songs. I just wish they'd grow up already. Even David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen could put aside their differences and go on tour and release a new album. I'm not even asking for that for Guns N' Roses. Just be on stage together for 5-10 minutes and accept the induction and that's it.

You can't sing, dance, perform or write music. The only thing you are good at is mouthing off and being a cunt. Fucking loser!

This is fucking retarded dude :crazy:

+1

I'm almost 35 and you are seriously giving our age group a bad name :tongue2:

I don't even care if they didn't play. All I wanted to see was the original lineup on stage to accept the induction. That's it. They didn't need to play any songs. I just wish they'd grow up already. Even David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen could put aside their differences and go on tour and release a new album. I'm not even asking for that for Guns N' Roses. Just be on stage together for 5-10 minutes and accept the induction and that's it.

To be fair, this same shit happened with Van Halen with their induction.

What will really be different in your life because these 5 people didn't accept an award given out by a museum together? Will it really matter in ANY way?

Axl is trending on yahoo and twitter. His letter is in the Wall Street Journal. Axl is everywhere!

He is a master at getting people to talk about him and he's equally a pro at going off-the-grid as we have all witnessed throughout the better part of 18 years.

This once again proves that he's still as big as any current celebrity even though he does things on his terms in his own time. I'm no longer disappointed that he won't perform with the old band.

Sure he's still a big star but he's seen as an asshole. So how is that a good thing? When he's filling up not even half the arenas with the fake Guns N' Roses. How is that a good thing? He's still only famous for the ORIGINAL Guns N' Roses. Not for anything he's done since then.

I can't think of anyone I know that wouldn't draw a blank when I started talking about RNRHOF, I'm in the UK by the way.

But hey if it's big in America it should big in the whole world I guess...doesn't it usually work like that? :confused:

Perfect. I live in the US, and people here feel they are entitled. They think thery have the right to tell a 50 year old person what to do with his personal life. It is really that simeple. That is why GNR is bigger outside the US. Cause in other places, people are more worried about thier own backyard. here, in the US, we think we are entitled to run someone elses business.

I wonder if anyone here who bitches ever just breaks it down to the LCD? "I am mad cause a 50 year old guy wont do what I want him to do, even though I do nothing for him." And i don't want to hear about buying his music or going to a show, that is simply supply and demand. Bottom line, the US is full of entitlement babies who need others to supply them with their own happiness, or at least in this case.

Edited by Gunzen2012

I guess you might be right. Axl is American and he certainly believes it moves around him.

Axl vacating the space to those who will milk it for all its worth - that's what irks me. Basking in the honour of GN'R's successes is Axl's rightful due.

He doesn't need it. The others do. That's what's so cool. That's what drives the haters here insane.

Edited by The Archer