RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

I was confused as shit that they didn't show any old clips. All in all, it was a poorly edited program. Not for what they omitted, but I wanted to see more clips of the bands in their glory years (not just Gn'R, but the Peppers and Beasties too). At least the other bands got SOME old clips. Guns got none. Lame, HBO.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so sad to see that Axl would go this far to prevent them from even playing wttj during their entrance.

It's so sad how people still love to assume endlessly without actually knowing something. There's some people up there that are still saying "Axl it's sad you made them take out the performances" when it's a known fact already the US version had two songs broadcasted. If Axl was really behind it, why not take them all out? Why take only the song where actually just Slash and Izzy are credited for? About WTTJ, maybe it was a decision made by HBO because they assumed just like you, that if they didn't take it out they'd have Axl on their backs with a really fat lawsuit. But, who really knows?

Edited by Lirosee

Ok did anyone watch HBO and see the performance? So far I have come up cold on downloading it. All versions I have do not have the songs :shrugs:

I loved the performance. Wish I got to see "Mr. Brownstone" too.

Anyone think Billy Joe's mention of Dizzy was hilarious?

"Dizzy Reed, you play a mean keyboard. Keep up with the good job [thumbs up, then laughs]."

Honestly, Dizzy had no business getting inducted. haha

Ok did anyone watch HBO and see the performance? So far I have come up cold on downloading it. All versions I have do not have the songs :shrugs:

I loved the performance. Wish I got to see "Mr. Brownstone" too.

Anyone think Billy Joe's mention of Dizzy was hilarious?

"Dizzy Reed, you play a mean keyboard. Keep up with the good job [thumbs up, then laughs]."

Honestly, Dizzy had no business getting inducted. haha

Yes, I felt it the same way. He was being sarcastic.

I saw it. In the US they showed SCOM and Paradise City in their entirety.

Ok I will keep on huntin :thumbsup:

3 torrents, different rips all no songs fuck me

Edited by gunsguy

I watched the show just to see the Guns stuff and sort of glossed over everything else. I did catch Chris Rock making a joke about Axl. Can't remember it exactly, but it was one of the old "he's always late" rips.

He said something like, "Even if Axl was coming today, he still wouldn't be here by now." (this was after the Gn'R performance)

I felt it was weird when Matt started talking about slash calling him asking him to play and Steven was kicked for doing too much drugs etc.

Matt should have shut his mouth and accepted the award.

I felt it was weird when Matt started talking about slash calling him asking him to play and Steven was kicked for doing too much drugs etc.

Why? He's being inducted. He can talk for as long as he wants. What do you care?

His speech was the most entertaining one from the group, and received the best response. Even though he was no doubt the least important of the GNR inductees in attendance, it was clear why he was the one to speak last. Of course if a certain nameless singer had shown up, that honor would have gone to him instead. :rolleyes:

Why? He's being inducted. He can talk for as long as he wants. What do you care?

I just have never really liked Matt. I didn't like how he talked about Steven getting kicked out. I don't know. He wasn't an original member, yet he had the longest speech.

His speech bothered me for some reason. Have you guys seen the interview of him and Steven after the induction? He wouldn't shut up, Steven barely got a word in. I just feel like Matt doesn't respect Steven and thinks he's better than him. I don't know. :shrugs:

Edited by Chloe

I just have never really liked Matt. I didn't like how he talked about Steven getting kicked out. I don't know. He wasn't an original member, yet he had the longest speech.

His speech bothered me for some reason. Have you guys seen the interview of him and Steven after the induction? He wouldn't shut up, Steven barely got a word in. I just feel like Matt doesn't respect Steven and thinks he's better than him. I don't know. :shrugs:

Steven and Matt are close, there is no animosity between the two. Matt thanked Steven for graciously allowing him to play the opening Mr. Brownstone at the HOF ceremony.

And guess who is in negotiations to write a movie about GNR :D