RNR HALL OF FAME LIVE COVERAGE

JimBobJoeJackJr

I was really disappointed they dropped Mr. Brownstone, but I understand they didn't have enough available time to broadcast three songs from each inductee performance.

Plus when the DVD comes out they will have to provide "bonus footage".

Do you really think time had something to do with it?

Yes, the ceremony lasted five and a half hours. HBO cut it down to two and a half hours for the broadcast. Even the RHCP had one of their three songs dropped from the broadcast.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALOT was cut out, they even cut Sorums speech, Sorum said at the show that Adler should of gotten an award for getting kicked out of GNR for doing to much drugs, im hoping there will be a full DVD of the show, slashes solo was awesome, and its sad that they cut out Mr Brownstone which Sorum played on.

Yea I just watched the HBO airing. They definitely cut out a good bit but I expected it since they cut down the 5.5 hr show into 2.5 hrs. They edited out a good bit of BJ Armstrong's speech (he spoke a good bit about the specific songs on Appetite, Lies, and the Illusions which wasn't shown on the edited HBO airing.), parts of a couple members' speeches (Matt and Duff mainly who both spoke the longest), and the Mr. Brownstone performance. They did the same with RHCPs and edited even more out with some of the other inductees. The one thing I was surprised the most about the GNR editing is that they didn't show any of the old footage and highlights of the band when BJ Armstrong was giving his induction speech. They left those old clips in the HBO airing for every other band and I thought that was some of the most powerfull images of the live GNR induction because it showed how great they were (at the live induction after BJ said "We are here to induct Guns n Roses" they showed some awesome clips of Jungle from the Ritz in 88, and other live clips of live PC and Sweet Child which gave me goosebumps). Not sure if it was intentional for some reason or not but GNR was the only inductee they edited all those career highlights out. Overall I thought the HBO airing was cool and GNR/RHCPs definitely had the most face time. Pretty sure also they moved the RHCPs to last because up until a couple days before the event GNR weren't planning on playing. Everyone there was surprised they didn't save GNR for last and a good portion of the crowd left after GNR performed and before RHCPs got on stage (no offense to the Peppers but it was obvious a lot of the air left the building after Guns played. Not that it matters at an event like this but GNR were definitely the highlight (my bias aside).

I just watched the beginning of the HBO airing and its obvious they edited out all the footage of Axl Rose that was shown at the live induction. Maybe because Axl wanted it that way or because the Rock Hall wanted to avoid giving him any due. In the beginning of the event when they showed the montage of the prior inductions they left out the brief clips of Axl inducting Elton and only showed Springsteen singing "Come Together" and edited out Axl. I specifically remember at the live event the crowd reacted strongly to those couple clips of Axl during the montage. I guess this explains why they didn't show any of old GNR footage during their actual induction. Not a big deal I guess but from someone who was there the HBO broadcast definitely stripped all Axl images out.

After his letters, I can't blame HBO / HOF for editing Axl out. It's obviously what he wanted.

Just watched it, and thought it was a great performance by the band. I can understand why some people don't like Myles, but I thought he did a great job. He doesn't sound anything like Axl, and I appreciate he's not trying to.

Loved seeing Stevie up there, and how Duff kept going back to the drums watching him and making eye contact. Must have been a surreal moment for them. Very cool! I agree with whoever said Slash looked a little nervous, but he was warmed up by PC and seemed a lot more comfortable. I can't help but love Gilby too, he looked great up there.

I'm really happy for them they did the show. It was thier moment as much as anyone elses in the band, they earned the right to be there, and they did a great job for the fans who wanted to see their favorite band get the recognition they deserve.

I just watched the beginning of the HBO airing and its obvious they edited out all the footage of Axl Rose that was shown at the live induction. Maybe because Axl wanted it that way or because the Rock Hall wanted to avoid giving him any due. In the beginning of the event when they showed the montage of the prior inductions they left out the brief clips of Axl inducting Elton and only showed Springsteen singing "Come Together" and edited out Axl. I specifically remember at the live event the crowd reacted strongly to those couple clips of Axl during the montage. I guess this explains why they didn't show any of old GNR footage during their actual induction. Not a big deal I guess but from someone who was there the HBO broadcast definitely stripped all Axl images out.

I noticed that as well. I thought Myles had a nice voice, but I felt like I was watching Velvet Revolver perform and not GUNSNROSES. There was nowhere near the chemistry between band members that I saw in Chicago or Las Vegas with GNR in 2011/2102. Slash did look defeated, that he has accepted that a reunion of the origianl lineup is never going to happen. Billie Joe did a great intro.

I noticed that as well. I thought Myles had a nice voice, but I felt like I was watching Velvet Revolver perform and not GUNSNROSES.

Yeah, I don't really get the VR comparison and I've seen it mentioned before. I've seen both bands multiple times, that comment makes no sense.

I was really disappointed they dropped Mr. Brownstone, but I understand they didn't have enough available time to broadcast three songs from each inductee performance.

Yes, the ceremony lasted five and a half hours. HBO cut it down to two and a half hours for the broadcast. Even the RHCP had one of their three songs dropped from the broadcast.

Ok so I'm watching it for a second time and still no PC or SCOM. Not sure what broadcast showed those 2 songs but there were not aired in Canada... Must have a time thing I s'pose ;)

Don't worry, they'll sell them to you on blu-ray/dvd just in time for Christmas

After his letters, I can't blame HBO / HOF for editing Axl out. It's obviously what he wanted.

I'll bet you Axl threatened to sue them if they included Guns N' Roses footage or any of their master tracks.

That's why the montage was edited out along with "Welcome to the Jungle".

Fuck Axl, basically.

Yup, baseless assumptions. Typical bullshit coming fom you.

I'll bet you Axl threatened to sue them if they included Guns N' Roses footage or any of their master tracks.

That's why the montage was edited out along with "Welcome to the Jungle".

Fuck Axl, basically.

Yup, baseless assumptions. Typical bullshit coming fom you.

Do you not know how licensing works?

Still photos are fair use and can be used without compensation, which is why they didn't blur Axl out of the photos displayed onstage.

Videos and copyrighted music *has* to be licensed - if Axl didn't sign off on it, then they couldn't have used it.

The ownership group of the bands' rights is Axl/Slash/Duff. Do you think Slash and Duff wouldn't have signed off on allowing GNR footage and music to be used for the ceremony?