Myles's singing

Lim

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but Myles Kennedy fucking sucks! They should have begged Steven Tyler to come perform with them.

He does not, he does a decent cover.

He's a second rate cover band singer whereas A. Rose and Steven Tyler are one in a million type singers.

I like Steven Tyler he's great on his own songs, but I doubt that he'd sound good covering Axl. A few years ago, e sounded weak singing along with Brian Johnson during AC/DC's induction.

Edited by The Archer

Not sure if this has been said, did not read the whole thread or many of the others floating around regarding this. I will let this also be known that I am a huge Axl supporter, through thick and thin since age 11, 20 years ago. I am also not a Slash hater, whatsoever. BUT, I think a better choice for singer could have been chosen for tonight. I think having Myles sing those songs was sort of spiteful on Slash's part. He is Slash's lead singer for his own band. I think a better neutral party would have been a better choice to sing. This is my opinion, and of course have no real insight to the mind of Axl, but to me it seemed pretty self-serving and self-promoting of Slash to have his lead singer fill in, you know since they are on a promotional tour for his new album and all. And seeing as Axl usually has tunnel vision when it comes to Slash and his motives, it is likely he probably thinks the same. A better choice would have been Billy Joe, Alice Cooper, Steven Tyler, somebody more mainstream and not in the thick of the drama and not serving one side or the other to give a neutral tribute to the songs with the original guys playing the instruments.

Tonight for me was harder and more emotional to watch than I thought it would be. I was at peace with Axl's decision, though I would have liked him to attend to accept his award that he so rightly deserves along with the rest of them, it was still hard to watch. I'm sorry he missed out on the experience and what seemed like a fun night.

I also thought Myles did an acceptable job but of course felt there was something huge missing from the performance overall, the attitude and THAT VOICE.

Fantastic post.

@The Archer, I dig your sig.

Thanks bro. I envy that you saw the band live 4 times.

Like Axl is such a great singer these days. :drevil: Ever tought of it why there are so many solo spots at the recent shows?

Uh, it was just like that in the early 1990's too.

Yes^^

Obviously few here remember 88,90's it was what it was,and continues to operate in the same manner.

There were always solo spots,its cool to allow everyone to show what they have.

In the 80's and 90's there were always solo spots and Axl used to run into a little place under the stage at regular intervals ....now he just leaves the stage.

Like Axl is such a great singer these days. :drevil: Ever tought of it why there are so many solo spots at the recent shows?

Because he does a 3 hour rock show?

Did anybody forced him to do 3 hour shows?

yeah how stupid of him, why cant more guys sing when their 50 like they did when they were in their 20's

He can always lay aside the classic songs that he can't sing anymore and focus on more "recent" songs.

Hmmm...he seems to sing the classic songs better than the new ones.

He can barely sing the high notes in Sweet child, he gets out of breath during Out ta get me,...

Stop lying now. Hes always hitting the highest notes on SCOM. Always. And Ive watched a bunch of performances. Show me some performances of him not hitting the high notes on SCOM. Do it now. You wont, because you are lying. Regarding the out of breath thing...hes out of breath a lot when the tour is starting, but only gets better as the tour progresses.

Myles sounds like a dying cat. He sounds terrible when hitting the high notes, but average/ok singing the low notes.

yeah how stupid of him, why cant more guys sing when their 50 like they did when they were in their 20's

He can always lay aside the classic songs that he can't sing anymore and focus on more "recent" songs.

He can barely sing the high notes in Sweet child, he gets out of breath during Out ta get me,...

Stop lying now. Hes always hitting the highest notes on SCOM. Always. And Ive watched a bunch of performances. Show me some performances of him not hitting the high notes on SCOM. Do it now. You wont, because you are lying. Regarding the out of breath thing...hes out of breath a lot when the tour is starting, but only gets better as the tour progresses.

Myles sounds like a dying cat. He sounds terrible when hitting the high notes, but average/ok singing the low notes.

:rolleyes:

Opinions? Understand that?

:book:

By the way, get your head out of Axl's butthole sissy.

:rolleyes:

Opinions? Understand that?

:book:

By the way, get your head out of Axl's butthole sissy.

Opinions your ass. He hits the highest notes, like it or not. Not my opinion but a fact. Get your opinions straight. Understand that?

He seems like a very nice guy but he does a terrible job at imitating Axl. I just hope they never go on tour covering only Guns songs with a singer like this, it's a fucking catastrophee.

That being said, I don't really see who could have done a decent job at covering Axl tonight, so... Axl should have come.

See, that's just the thing! He's too nice to sing Guns songs. :D

I've seen him live with Slash and when they played Rocket Queen all I could think about was, "Dude, this is like a sex/stripper song! Where is the sleaze?!"

He is a VERY good singer but he's not meant for Guns songs imo.

Edited by KiraMPD

He seems like a very nice guy but he does a terrible job at imitating Axl. I just hope they never go on tour covering only Guns songs with a singer like this, it's a fucking catastrophee.

That being said, I don't really see who could have done a decent job at covering Axl tonight, so... Axl should have come.

All of them are too nice now.

All of them? Who? Duff, Slash, etc?

Yeah, I suppose...

All of them? Who? Duff, Slash, etc?

Yeah, I suppose...

Yeah, those guys.

From today forward I will not be commenting on Guns N Roses . Or making any remarks about the future . Thank you to all the fans. The legacy continues without my commentary. Matt Sorum Former member of GNR - matt sorum.

Matt has a condition called the Lars Ulrich-syndrome so I doubt that this holds. I must say though, he is entertaining at times. I really liked how Matt gave that little shout out to Axl and Izzy last night.

Edited by mustaine

I've seen him live with Slash and when they played Rocket Queen all I could think about was, "Dude, this is like a sex/stripper song! Where is the sleaze?!"

He is a VERY good singer but he's not meant for Guns songs imo.

Agree 100%, guy is a great singer (his voice at Download 2010 was insanely good) but yeah, he lacks the swagger/attitude needed for those songs. That's more a criticism of his live performance than his voice though. Personally, I don't think the guys will ever find a better frontman than Axl and Scott. Not the most stable of people but the best damn performers in rock n' roll in my opinion. If anything that's what Myles' performances prove to me - he may have an insanely better range than Weiland but I'd rather have a worse voice and a better show than the other way around. Having said that Myles is the only potential VR singer that I like, Corey Taylor and the other people that have been mooted aren't as good in my opinion.

Edited by LesPaul_Player_91

I think he did okay since he's been singing the songs with Slash he was probably the best choice on short notice. Obviously he's not Axl and the songs were made for Axl's voice.

Probably won't help that the singer came from Slash's camp. I do see why it was all they could do, but I suspect it was an added touch of satisfaction for Slash.

When I saw Slash a few years ago, I thought that Myles signing the GN'R songs was the only bad part of the show. Not the mention the fact that he has the lyrics to the entire setlist taped on the ground.

Edited by RJ88

When I saw Slash a few years ago, I thought that Myles signing the GN'R songs was the only bad part of the show. Not the mention the fact that he has the lyrics to the entire setlist taped on the ground.

Weird thing to knock him for when every band has the lyrics of songs either taped to the floor or on monitors. Even bands that have played songs hundreds of times. Such as GNR. And AC/DC. And Aerosmith. And it goes on forever.

Yeah, same here. Especially when he got the audience singing along to GnR songs, it just doesn't feel right! Like the songs are turning into something they aren't and the meaning just gets lost...

Maybe I'm just saying this because I am more of an Axl fan rather than a Slash and co fan but during the last Slash concert that I attended, all I could do was stand around feeling really uncomfortable during Guns songs (while every one around me was jumping up and down and "getting into it"). :shrugs:

BTW: Having a lyrics prompt is entirely normal. Axl always uses it.

Edited by KiraMPD