Myles's singing

Lim

Myles was outstanding last night. Anyone who says different is just being a dick or didn't see it.

Or simply has a different opinion than yours. There's tons of great singers out there.

Myles is about as vanilla as it gets and has done nothing but butcher GNR songs on the few occasions that I've tried to endure watching one of the videos on YouTube.

Sorry - he sucks.

My opinion, of course.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, these posts are amazing. It's really not that complicated. GNR was nominated and inducted into the RRHOF. Whether you like the institution or not, most of the inducted band members wanted to attend and celebrate the occasion. Obviously leading up to the event, no one really knew (within the band) what might happen. I'm sure there was a little hope (albeit remote) that they would all arrive in Cleveland and they would play a few songs. Obviously a couple guys didn't want to attend. Who is anyone to say that the other members attending shouldn't have gotten together and jammed? It's in their blood. They're f*****g musicians. On short notice, Myles (and probably Gilby) joined the guys on stage and played a few songs. No one is trying to replace Axl or start a reunion with a different band. It sounded great and those guys have the right to do whatever they want. They don't need to answer to a bunch of morons sitting behind their computers thinking they know what's right for anyone in the band. I know you feel they owe it to you because you bought a bunch of albums, posters, t-shirts, and tickets but they don't.

Step away from your computers, pick up an instrument, and try to write a great song. Maybe in twenty years someone will be talking about how you suck and shouldn't be making a living in music. You can only wish. Kudos to Myles to stepping up and making it work. He did it in a classy and respectful way.

100% this :thumbsup:

Myles was outstanding last night. Anyone who says different is just being a dick or didn't see it.

Or simply has a different opinion than yours. There's tons of great singers out there.

Myles is about as vanilla as it gets and has done nothing but butcher GNR songs on the few occasions that I've tried to endure watching one of the videos on YouTube.

Sorry - he sucks.

My opinion, of course.

I agree with that.

Sorry - he sucks.

My opinion, of course.

I agree with that.

+1

Sorry - he sucks.

My opinion, of course.

I agree with that.

+1

He is a good singer, but he is completely wrong for these songs.

it didn't work and the performance shouldn't have happened.

I'm sure the YouTube videos didn't do it justice. The mix was off due to the distortion caused by the cameras used. His voice is way more powerful and different in person. With the correct mix and maybe a third guitar and two keyboard players the sound would have been much more full. End sarcasm. I thought it sounded pretty good for filling in last minute.

He can never do what Axl does, or come close, so it would never be quite right in this setting, but he did a very good job. He might not be the next best thing to Axl, but he seems like a likable dude, og he is a great singer. He haven't got the range of Axl, but he is not to far off. The downside on him singing GNR is he has got a much higher pitch in his voice, so it sounds more whiny, but I haven't seen him sing GNR as good as at the HOF before.

He can never do what Axl does, or come close, so it would never be quite right in this setting, but he did a very good job. He might not be the next best thing to Axl, but he seems like a likable dude, og he is a great singer. He haven't got the range of Axl, but he is not to far off. The downside on him singing GNR is he has got a much higher pitch in his voice, so it sounds more whiny, but I haven't seen him sing GNR as good as at the HOF before.

This.

Not liking him with GNR and saying he sucks are two different things...he is far from sucking, he is only considered one of the top rock singers out there...some of these posts are hard to read.

That says more about the sorry state of rock music these days than anything else.

No it actually doesn't. Myles is an extremely talented rock singer. Just ask his peers. There's a reason why he's so sought after. If you don't like him that's fine, I know there are plenty of singers that I will admit are good, but I don't like them. You're entitled to your opinion, but to say he's not good as if it's a fact and any that disagrees is wrong is just ignorant.

Excellent post, BlackHoleGravity. I have a great deal of respect for people who are able to recognize talent even if it's not their taste.

Edited by uctalum01

Not liking him with GNR and saying he sucks are two different things...he is far from sucking, he is only considered one of the top rock singers out there...some of these posts are hard to read.

That says more about the sorry state of rock music these days than anything else.

Why is rock music in such a sorry state, I have been wondering that a lot these days...it seems that most of the really good music was made years ago... occasionally, something really good breaks through today, but more often than not, most of todays music

is forgettable. I hope it's not because I am getting too old!!

No it actually doesn't. Myles is an extremely talented rock singer. If you don't like him that's fine, i know there are plenty of singers that I will admit are good, but I don't like them. You're entitled to your opinion, but to say he's not good as if it's a fact and any that disagrees is wrong is just ignorant.

Excellent post, BlackHoleGravity. I have a great deal of respect for people who are able to recognize talent even if it's not their taste.

agreed good post

This.

Well, I might as well third this because it's basically what I was going to say as well. I was very pleasantly surprised at how well he did, even though it's nowhere near Axl.