Myles's singing

Lim

Like Axl is such a great singer these days. :drevil: Ever tought of it why there are so many solo spots at the recent shows?

Because he does a 3 hour rock show?

Did anybody forced him to do 3 hour shows?

Like Axl is such a great singer these days. :drevil: Ever tought of it why there are so many solo spots at the recent shows?

Uh, it was just like that in the early 1990's too.

yeah how stupid of him, why cant more guys sing when their 50 like they did when they were in their 20's

He can always lay aside the classic songs that he can't sing anymore and focus on more "recent" songs.

Hmmm...he seems to sing the classic songs better than the new ones.

He can barely sing the high notes in Sweet child, he gets out of breath during Out ta get me,...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can barely sing the high notes in Sweet child, he gets out of breath during Out ta get me,...

Yeah, and he's even worse on the new stuff. Just saying.

In other words he better stop doing shows for awhile, rest his voice and start to work on the next album.

In other words he better stop doing shows for awhile, rest his voice and start to work on the next album.

Yes I would prefer that he do more work in the studio before his voice is completely gone. He seems content to go on cash grab tours though, and I think the end of the world will happen before we get another album from him.

Myles sucks at singing GNR. Myles sucks at singing Creed.

Myle's was nothing but a second rate scab singer when Creed's version of Velvet Revolver (Alter Bridge) came out. Myles isn't even close to being in the same league as Scott Stapp. Neither one of them should never be mentioned alongside Axl's name.

This is silliness.

Axl > Myles >>>>>>>> Creed.

Yes I would prefer that he do more work in the studio before his voice is completely gone. He seems content to go on cash grab tours though, and I think the end of the world will happen before we get another album from him.

Agreed. He is not only foolin' the people that visit the shows but also himself. One day people will turn their backs against him because of what he has become.

Myle's was nothing but a second rate scab singer when Creed's version of Velvet Revolver (Alter Bridge) came out. Myles isn't even close to being in the same league as Scott Stapp. Neither one of them should never be mentioned alongside Axl's name.

This is silliness.

Axl >>>>>>>>> Myles >>>>>>>> Creed.

Fixed.

Not sure if this has been said, did not read the whole thread or many of the others floating around regarding this. I will let this also be known that I am a huge Axl supporter, through thick and thin since age 11, 20 years ago. I am also not a Slash hater, whatsoever. BUT, I think a better choice for singer could have been chosen for tonight. I think having Myles sing those songs was sort of spiteful on Slash's part. He is Slash's lead singer for his own band. I think a better neutral party would have been a better choice to sing. This is my opinion, and of course have no real insight to the mind of Axl, but to me it seemed pretty self-serving and self-promoting of Slash to have his lead singer fill in, you know since they are on a promotional tour for his new album and all. And seeing as Axl usually has tunnel vision when it comes to Slash and his motives, it is likely he probably thinks the same. A better choice would have been Billy Joe, Alice Cooper, Steven Tyler, somebody more mainstream and not in the thick of the drama and not serving one side or the other to give a neutral tribute to the songs with the original guys playing the instruments.

Tonight for me was harder and more emotional to watch than I thought it would be. I was at peace with Axl's decision, though I would have liked him to attend to accept his award that he so rightly deserves along with the rest of them, it was still hard to watch. I'm sorry he missed out on the experience and what seemed like a fun night.

I also thought Myles did an acceptable job but of course felt there was something huge missing from the performance overall, the attitude and THAT VOICE.

Not sure if this has been said, did not read the whole thread or many of the others floating around regarding this. I will let this also be known that I am a huge Axl supporter, through thick and thin since age 11, 20 years ago. I am also not a Slash hater, whatsoever. BUT, I think a better choice for singer could have been chosen for tonight. I think having Myles sing those songs was sort of spiteful on Slash's part. He is Slash's lead singer for his own band. I think a better neutral party would have been a better choice to sing. This is my opinion, and of course have no real insight to the mind of Axl, but to me it seemed pretty self-serving and self-promoting of Slash to have his lead singer fill in, you know since they are on a promotional tour for his new album and all. And seeing as Axl usually has tunnel vision when it comes to Slash and his motives, it is likely he probably thinks the same. A better choice would have been Billy Joe, Alice Cooper, Steven Tyler, somebody more mainstream and not in the thick of the drama and not serving one side or the other to give a neutral tribute to the songs with the original guys playing the instruments.

Tonight for me was harder and more emotional to watch than I thought it would be. I was at peace with Axl's decision, though I would have liked him to attend to accept his award that he so rightly deserves along with the rest of them, it was still hard to watch. I'm sorry he missed out on the experience and what seemed like a fun night.

I also thought Myles did an acceptable job but of course felt there was something huge missing from the performance overall, the attitude and THAT VOICE.

I see where you're coming from and why some might see it as a cheap move on Slash's part to have his singer, as you put it, but to me it was the most logical choice. Since the performance was thrown together fairly last minute Myles was an obvious choice because he already knows the three songs they did from Slash's tour. Had it been planned more in advance if Axl announced weeks ago that he wasn't going then who knows, maybe they would have had some guest singers. Otherwise, I think Myles was the safest choice being that he already knows the songs.

Really some of you guys!Who else were they supposed to get at such short notice. It would of been ridiculous if the guys being inducted didnt play a couple of GNR tunes. Given that Myles is familiar singing a lot of them it was a good choice. These people shitting on Myles WTF. He stood up to the plate and helped some friends out when they were stuck. Good on you Myles. Great job!! :thumbsup:

I see where you're coming from and why some might see it as a cheap move on Slash's part to have his singer, as you put it, but to me it was the most logical choice. Since the performance was thrown together fairly last minute Myles was an obvious choice because he already knows the three songs they did from Slash's tour. Had it been planned more in advance if Axl announced weeks ago that he wasn't going then who knows, maybe they would have had some guest singers. Otherwise, I think Myles was the safest choice being that he already knows the songs.

True..but let's get serious, everyone knows those songs! I'm sure all those other rock singers in attendance tonight knew those songs too. And I am only assuming this, but since there was no confirmation of a performance from GNR up until like yesterday that Green Day was probably slated to sing a song or two in tribute? So maybe they were already ready to sing a few, but got shelved for the originals, which is great, just wish the singer was someone else.

Uh, it was just like that in the early 1990's too.

Yes^^

Obviously few here remember 88,90's it was what it was,and continues to operate in the same manner.

There were always solo spots,its cool to allow everyone to show what they have.

True..but let's get serious, everyone knows those songs! I'm sure all those other rock singers in attendance tonight knew those songs too. And I am only assuming this, but since there was no confirmation of a performance from GNR up until like yesterday that Green Day was probably slated to sing a song or two in tribute? So maybe they were already ready to sing a few, but got shelved for the originals, which is great, just wish the singer was someone else.

True, people know the songs, but there's a difference being knowing what the songs are and knowing the complete lyrics, melody, and arrangement. Green Day might have prepared something in case the guys decided not to play but if that's the case I'm glad it was Myles, but that's more or less because I'm not big on Green Day.

You know I only watched the fucking crappy livestream thing. Myles did ok from what I can tell and I am not a big fan of him at all from the stuff I have heard before. It sucks for me because the very reason he was singing IMO is that Slash is promoting a new album and tour with Myles, that sucks that he did it this way, on the other hand who cares because ANYONE would have been better than Green Day bitchering GN'R music IMO :thumbsup:

they did a good job tonight and got what they went for, who can be pissed about that?

This is silliness.

Axl >>>>>>>>> Myles >>>>>>>> Creed.

Fixed.

Eh. Closer to Axl >>>> Myles >>>>>>>> Creed.

Of course I prefer Axl, but I love Myles's voice. He's got a lot of soul. I just don't like his voice on GN'R songs.

I love his voice elsewhere.

I think Myles was a good choice. He is someone that Slash feels comfortable with in terms of singing the tunes so its a no brainer to take a singer you have been actively working with to perform with the guys there. Plus when it comes down to it it is all about the music - and the guys on stage looked like they were having a blast. Good for them, it is a night celebrating amazing music, good to see them performing and celebrating such badass music