Outro from Far and Away (and solo from Standing in the Sun) can be heard in New Slash interview video!

Naupis

Saw someone post this over on an Alter Bridge forum.

In a new interview Slash did they have the outro of Far and Away playing under Slash talking for about the last minute, and then it turns up for the last 30 seconds.

It is really kind of badass, and totally what I was hoping for out of this. Slash is just killing it, and Myles hitting a huge note as the song fades out.

Different tone to the song than the previews we have heard provide, which tells me that for alot of these songs what we have heard thus far we should take with a grain of salt.

Really want this album to get released already!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqgqs7_slash-interview-sweden-tv-april-2012_music?fbc=164

***as pointed out down thread, the solo from Standing in the sun can be heard starting at 6:33***

Edited by Naupis

That's a huge note at the end of Far and Away, and is going to be a bitch for Myles to sing every night (although I suspect he won't go all out on it in concert the way he did for the album on a nightly basis).

That first batch of 30 second previews must have taken the worst parts of each song, because the more we hear the better these songs get. I was a tad worried at first, but sure as hell not anymore.

omg standing in the sun.... some of the shit on this album really reminds me of his playing on AfD/GnR

Yep, no doubt. Kinda ironic that while this is far more a band effort, this record is sounding much more like a "Slash album" than the true solo record. The solo album sounded like Slash and was damn good, but he was melding with so many different styles of vocalists, he really had to cater to their individual styles. This much more vintage Slash. :thumbsup:

cant listen to the solos, ever time i try it just loops advertisements, wont be bothered with this shitty swiss site, is there somewhere else where i can hear the audio?

edit: nvm i heard it! WOW, this reminds me of some of the those epic solos you hear from Illusions, i too was worried about the clips, but with everything in the song in context, i think this record is gonna fuckin kick ass! must pre order now!!!

Edited by cliffburton

Yeah,with a few shows happening before this one,hopefully it will be an indicator of the setlist and I'll know when new stuff is about to be played.

Unless they hold off until the cd drops. :shrugs:

That's it? Really Slash? A 20-second solo for "Standing in the Sun", I really hope not.

it's not. the playback of the songs starts at 6:20 and you can listen already some notes.. barely audible but they're there

i'm sure some songs will have short solos, he's been doing short solos for a while now, but it seems he's putting a bit more effort on them after his last album.

imo Back From Cali deserved a better solo and i think it was Eddie Trunk who openly requested Slash for more solos for this album so...

That's it? Really Slash? A 20-second solo for "Standing in the Sun", I really hope not.

it's not. the playback of the songs starts at 6:20 and you can listen already some notes.. barely audible but they're there

i'm sure some songs will have short solos, he's been doing short solos for a while now, but it seems he's putting a bit more effort on them after his last album.

imo Back From Cali deserved a better solo and i think it was Eddie Trunk who openly requested Slash for more solos for this album so...

Really? Didn't know that. I hope so because this is Slash ft. Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators. Looks more like, Myles Kennedy ft. The Conspirators oh and yeah, also Slash. :shrugs: