2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...i enjoy these guys more than i enjoyed the original...

:confused:

Probably never even saw the original......

nop...i did not...i was too young to go to a rock show during the illusion's tour...

but tht changes nothing...there are guys my age or younger that prefer the old line up...

i prefer this one...i prefer these guys as musicians and as individuals !

...i enjoy these guys more than i enjoyed the original...

:confused:

Probably never even saw the original......

My thoughts exactly

Different opinion than yours OH NO!!!!1

You know how it is impossible to like a different lineup from the original. :crazy:

The current lineup is consistently awesome, they play well every night where the original you have to catch them on a good night when they are not fucking wasted. I know it was rock and roll but at the end of the day you wish they play good.

Let's put this in the right perspective, guys. This may be the same show for the diehards,who more than likely saw this band between 2009-present (and has followed every show online), but aside from GlamCat, this show is for Moscow, NOT us. All the pleading and complaining we all did to hear "Civil War", "Estranged" .. Well, those in attendance get the chance to hear 'em now. They deserve it. Would I like to see a new song played? Of course, but having seen the band 3 times in the past year, I know the crowd there WILL NOT be disappointed. If you are,well ... I doubt the band really cares. Simple as that.

To be honest, the start of the setlist was always gonna be the same, its been consistent for almost all tours. Also the setlist was gonna be very similar, maybe a change here or there. That's what Axl does.

But if they don't play anything remotely different from the UCAP tour, GNR have shot themselves in the foot. Hinting at things on fb/Twitter and not following through is not the way to treat your hardcore fanbase. Don't say shit if you ain't gonna deliver.

At the moment this is an if though. If.

I honestly can't see modern Russians getting into Appetite for Destruction.

I don’t know much about Russian’s, although I have met many Eastern Europeans, and their views tend to focus on the vocal. Like it or not, they think highly of people like Barry White, Tom Jones, voices they describe as ‘super’. They also tend to like the old bands like Deep Purple, Motor Head. Metallica too reigns supreme amongst most of them. They don’t seem to mention Guns N’Roses. I’ve never heard a comment from them on Axl Rose’s voice.