2012.05.11 - Stadium Live, Moscow, Russia - First post updates!

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hilarious that anybody not attending the shows would bw mad about the setlist...

It's not that. It's just that if they continue to tour playing the old band's material this band will never move on and create their own identity.

The only reason why people call this band a "cover band" or a "nostalgia act" is because they play most of the old bands material.

What people? The cupcakes and the haters! I am a fan and never think that. And I keep going to the shows.

Exactly. New music or not, or no matter what setlist... I keep going. Even if they'll play the same songs over and over again.

I find it hilarious that anybody not attending the shows would bw mad about the setlist...

It's not that. It's just that if they continue to tour playing the old band's material this band will never move on and create their own identity.

The only reason why people call this band a "cover band" or a "nostalgia act" is because they play most of the old bands material.

What people? The cupcakes and the haters! I am a fan and never think that. And I keep going to the shows.

Exactly. New music or not, or no matter what setlist... I keep going. Even if they'll play the same songs over and over again.

Because we are true fans that support and love the band. Not bitch, and bitch........

if the first songs are

chinese democracy

welcome to the jungle

it's so easy

mr brownastone

sorry

I'll be disappointed again.

I won't. GNR is back that's all that matters.

There was a time (no pun intended) where it all that did matter was that the band was back. It's not like they've been gone that long. It's been two months since the last show. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that the band has remained mostly active for the past few years, but it's at the point now where it's time to move on. I'm hoping for a great show and not expecting any surprises, but for now, I look at this as just another tour. I'd like to be wrong.

I think this is realistic,good attitude.no expectations.whatever happens is cool.

I feel cheated though.

imagine catcher,prostitute and TWAT EVERY NIGHT!

imagine new intros,new openers.a rotating setlist.

Axl makes it all so boring.

Playing classic GnR songs is never going to go away, even if this band was on there 3rd or 4th album. The new songs might be moved around or added but the core of the set list will always be similar. honestly i think that ship of this band having its own identity sailed along time ago. They would take a pretty big step backwards if they stopped playing classic GnR tunes. I get where you're coming from and its a tough situation for the band, its like how do you make something old, new again? Wish I knew the best answer

The setlists are boring when you watch every show on youtube. The people who are there paying money, actually tend toenjoy it. But I wish those who are awaiting updates for this concert can cease flooding this thread. We are all awaiting updates and will have to sift through a lot of posts that don't contribute anything. Just a thought - if you are not in Moscow, hold off for a bit.

The setlists are boring when you watch every show on youtube. The people who are there paying money, actually tend toenjoy it. But I wish those who are awaiting updates for this concert can cease flooding this thread. We are all awaiting updates and will have to sift through a lot of posts that don't contribute anything. Just a thought - if you are not in Moscow, hold off for a bit.

Dude we're excited. So far all flooding is positive really. Give us a break. We haven't had GNR in a few months, we need our fix.

What time do they.. are they supposed to go on stage ?

It's 19:19 here in London and 22:19 over in Moscow

Supposedly the opening band is done and their setting up the stage for GN'R.

Find updates here: https://twitter.com/#!/GlamCatSPb

Will they open with Chinese or Jungle ?

To be honest there's only 2 things that interest me with reguards to the show - what new UYI songs and what new songs if any ?

Edited by vaida

Did Bumblefoot trim his beard?

No he just trimmed himself. Although I think he dyed it.

In Russia Bumblefoot doesnt trim beard.

Beard trims Bumblefoot.

:rofl-lol:

rofl I should have seen that coming.....

I feel unity and peace in this thread. Good times are upon us.

I am surprised no one else said it before me.

Dude we're excited. So far all flooding is positive really. Give us a break. We haven't had GNR in a few months, we need our fix.

+1

could you imagine Axl wearing assless chaps at his age...

Actually he probably has the ass of a twenty year old no gaydom intended.

COULDN'T GET ANY MORE GAY.

Axl in assless chaps? EW. <_<

It's better than sitting naked at your pc waiting for updates... I mean... nevermind.

could you imagine Axl wearing assless chaps at his age...

Actually he probably has the ass of a twenty year old no gaydom intended.

COULDN'T GET ANY MORE GAY.

Axl in assless chaps? EW. <_<

It's better than sitting naked at your pc waiting for updates... I mean... nevermind.

:rofl-lol: