Dublin concert

jackrory

SLAA, that's an amazing review!! Glad you had such a great time :D :D

I still can't believe how great this show was. Maybe the best I've ever seen them, it was just SO GOOD. I tried for the first time to stay in center in front. Always try to get to the barrier to the left for center, but it was pretty cool to stay in front of Axl. The crowd was really close to the stage for som reason, and I got to touch Ron's guitar. It was a really good mood, the crowd was very tight. The band looked happy, Axl joked about last time about not moving at all, and they played every song great. A little sound problems in the beginning, but it didn't matter. Both Richard and Ron threw a plectrum which landed on me, but then dissapeared on the floor, shaaame.. :tongue2:

Highlights for me was of course to hear Estranged and Civil War, as I haven't heard them live before. But most of all, hearing There Was A Time. Before they played Rosie, Axl said "So what are we gonna play?" For some reason the crowd was all quiet, so I screamed "There was a time" all I could, and a friend of me joined me. My theory is that Axl must have heard it, after all he was right in front of us. Or it could've been planned, haha :lol: Anyway, it was fantastic to hear it. I was expecting Madagascar to start off the encore, getting TWAT instead is just unbelivable. I cried, sung and smiled so much, probably looked more like an idiot than ever :lol: It's been my favorite song since I first heard it, it's like my life now is complete. Woah, that was cool! I have yet to land on this planet again, still see and hear Bumble play the solo right in front of me....!

I also have to mention how cool it was with Thin Lizzy as the opening act. I have always liked Lizzy, but never got to see them before now, so I didn't really expect anything. They were awesome though, looking forward to seem them again in London.

So you're attending the show being streamed...awesome! I'm begging you to scream Catcher as well...lol. And that wasnt planned at all, maybe Axl wanted to be nice to the fans asking them to play the song, maybe he wanted to give Dublin a surprise...I dont know. NewGnRnOldGnR mentioned how band members were surprised expecting Maddy when Axl said they were going to play twat. Glad you had the best time :) make it to the center of the stage and scream Catcher with a lovely voice in London. Haha, kidding, but I really hope Axl listens to you and your friend next time (again?)

I wanna hear TWAT again more that anything.. But besides of that one, Catcher is one song I'm dying to hear. Aswell as Prostitute :D

Edited by Scaramouche

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Thanks Scaranouche. Shame I didn't realise you were going, we could've said hi! I just read your review it was really cool. Agree on Thin Lizzy. Weren't they fab?

One question. How early did you have to queue to get to front center? How rough is it? I was on the front right (first time standing) and I survived!

Because Axl didn't move as much as usual due to his leg, I felt I didn't see him that much :( It seemed like he only sang in front of us a few times :(

Nice pics Hejanne and thanks for the recording Jfrost.

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Thanks Scaranouche. Shame I didn't realise you were going, we could've said hi! I just read your review it was really cool. Agree on Thin Lizzy. Weren't they fab?

One question. How early did you have to queue to get to front center? How rough is it? I was on the front right (first time standing) and I survived!

Because Axl didn't move as much as usual due to his leg, I felt I didn't see him that much :( It seemed like he only sang in front of us a few times :(

Yep, Lizzy were brilliant! Best opening act I've ever seen with Guns, and maybe ever. Really looking forward to seeing them play again in London! In Dublin I didn't have to queue that long. We were there around 1pm, because a friend of me who lives in Dublin promised people over there never care to queue. There were NO people when we arrived, so we went to a cafè and went back to the O2 around 3pm. Cool to not wait in line all day, I usually get there in the morning.

I was at front in center for the first time. I always stay in front to the left, but thought we'd try the middle this time. It was a lot more pushing there, as people in the back were trying to get to the front of Axl all the time. But it wasn't that bad. I mean, I'm a short tiny girl, and I survived :P Will probably try get to the left side in London though, the stage is much bigger there.

Wish it was completel but parenting sometimes come first!

Loved your review....Magic Night wasn't it

I wanna hear TWAT again more that anything.. But besides of that one, Catcher is one song I'm dying to hear. Aswell as Prostitute :D

All these songs would sound absolutely great in a soundboard recording. So whatever is your choice, I'll stick to it. :lol: (Not that I have a choice... lol)

But remember that a little banner could be effective since you'll be front row :D

Hope your daughter is alright now?

Thanks a million! It was great. Crowd were in great form too. No booing at all. Normally people boo before they go on stage!

Thanks Scara! I think I'll try and get to the front center though. Something you need to do before you die I think haha!

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

I just spoke to a mate who attended the gig with me who was an old skool casual fan and whilst liked some of the new songs wasnt sure what to expect.

He is still buzzing from it and wants to get to another show in a few weeks. He thought it was the best concert he ever went to... Thought it was the loudest gig he ever heard

New guns are awesome and this band needs to record soon

Hope your daughter is alright now?

Thanks a million! It was great. Crowd were in great form too. No booing at all. Normally people boo before they go on stage!

She is alright...A little ou of it the next day but after 24 hours she was fine......Blasting Use your Illusion II in her room if I remember right.

As for the booing there was abit of that post 10 O'clock but it was more tongue in cheek (a way of re-inactting the last O2 gig) but the heart wasn't in it...99.5% of people wanted a good gig and went home happily with the knowledge they had witnessed a great one. I've watched a fair view clips from the Youtube just to see what I missed......And I missed dome very special moments.

I think GnR O2 Dublin 2012 will be remembered for all the right reasons unlike 2010

probably axl's best live version of TWAT... still struggles with the chest to head voice bits in the verses but much better than other times live...........keep at it Axl!

It's a very hard song to sing. Props to Axl for doing his best.

Edited by volcano62

Please Anybody could write what Axl said in the end of music? I tried understand but unfortunately i cant :thumbsdown:

At 5:19 Axl points at me :)

Is you? hes points and showed to Asbha very nice! Why? Can tell us?

But can you write me what did he said in 6:49? I understand someone asked him how he can sing ....he's spoken too fast to me!!!

Please Anybody could write what Axl said in the end of music? I tried understand but unfortunately i cant :thumbsdown:

He says that yesterday a guy in Moscow asked him why he didn't sing "Don't Cry" in his excellent raspy voice. Axl said he didn't know but he liked that he called his voice excellent. Afterwards he asks the guys in the band what they want to play, says they have a request - then says Bumble.

He says that yesterday a guy in Moscow asked him why he didn't sing "Don't Cry" in his excellent raspy voice. Axl said he didn't know but he liked that he called his voice excellent. Afterwards he asks the guys in the band what they want to play, says they have a request - then says Bumble.

Thank you!!! I felt Axl was a little ironic and funny, now i know, i listened 10 times "raspy excellent voice"... In my point of view Dublin was the best show of europe tour until now. "Dont Cry" is perfect moment "lionel Richie" of Axl, so romantic!

At 5:19 Axl points at me :)

Is you? hes points and showed to Asbha very nice! Why? Can tell us?

But can you write me what did he said in 6:49? I understand someone asked him how he can sing ....he's spoken too fast to me!!!

Yeah he points at my Thin Lizzy tattoo ;)

And when he asks what they're gonna play, I'm sure he heard med scream TWAT, when I see his reaction in this video..! Does he laugh a little and say something like "that ain't gonna happen, now" to the band members? Can't hear it.......!

• 1 month later...

Jesus Fuckin Christ

30 pages thread. I have really put a lot of effort to go through the signatures, rants, bitchin between users, and I had a few things to say, as I have attended at this show too but I have a headache and I am not quite sure I remember what I wanted to say........ SHUT UP!!!!!!!! :bitchfight: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fuck! my head hurts!

thanks for those posting pics and videos and comments about the show. ABOUT THE SHOW.

and not retarded fuckin idiotic bullshit :jerkoff:

Are you Irish?

Where were you in the venue?