Dublin concert

jackrory

How well has this sold ? Hoping all goes well :)

Setlist

Massive Attack Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Rocket Queen

Richard Fortus Solo

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Better

Tommy Stinson Solo - Motivation

Dizzy Reed Solo - Baba O'Riley

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Solo - Mi Amor 2.0

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick In The Wall, Pt. 2

Axl Rose Solo - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

November Rain

Bumblefoot Solo - Pink Panther Theme/Danny Boy

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

Estranged

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

There Was A Time

Civil War

Paradise City

Edited by Powerage5

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

The o2 Dublin is the fifth busiest arena in the world and has a capacity of 14,500.

Going by what I am reading on Irish forums and hearing on the media GNR look set to struggle to hit the 8,000 mark. Plenty of tickets are still available, seating and standing according to reports and I am not one bit surprised given what happened here the last time.

You can read what the Irish fans are saying here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056531221&page=20

Oh and NOVA FM giving 2 tickets away every hour from 7 to 6 for the last week. MCD must have dumped lots of free tickets on them in an effort to get bodies in the arena.

Edited by RonMexico82

The o2 Dublin is the fifth busiest arena in the world and has a capacity of 14,500.

Going by what I am reading on Irish forums and hearing on the media GNR look set to struggle to hit the 8,000 mark. Plenty of tickets are still available, seating and standing according to reports and I am not one bit surprised given what happened here the last time.

True but don't care once it's on, runs smooth and Guns put on a cracking show

Guest RonMexico82

Don't bet on it.

Don't bet on it.

Other than Dublin and that one festival where the plug was pulled, how many hick-ups during shows were there? You are living in the past man :lol:

Guest RonMexico82

No you see unlike the vast majority of posters here I actually have a grasp on reality. Irish crowds do not put up with bands that show them disrespect. With Axl you can never rule that out. I've also read a lot of posts on Irish forums that would indicate that someone in the crowd might start something just to fuck with Axl. Given the amount of cheap tickets being given away outside the venue and the free tickets being dished out by the promoter there will be a lot of casual fans at this gig. You know, the fans that don't follow every step of GNR and who WILL get annoyed if they are late. That is how trouble kicks off.

No you see unlike the vast majority of posters here I actually have a grasp on reality. Irish crowds do not put up with bands that show them disrespect. With Axl you can never rule that out. I've also read a lot of posts on Irish forums that would indicate that someone in the crowd might start something just to fuck with Axl. Given the amount of cheap tickets being given away outside the venue and the free tickets being dished out by the promoter there will be a lot of casual fans at this gig. You know, the fans that don't follow every step of GNR and who WILL get annoyed if they are late. That is how trouble kicks off.

You'd hope that the sensible people nearby would "have a word" with them to ensure that they don't cause any bother.

Geez man, how much free time do you have? You seem to go on a lot of forums..

Guest RonMexico82

Geez man, how much free time do you have? You seem to go on a lot of forums..

I rarely post here anymore. I don't post on the other forums. I browse them every so often.

You'd hope that the sensible people nearby would "have a word" with them to ensure that they don't cause any bother.

I tried that at Dublin O2 last time when a bottle thrower was flinging stuff at the stage, he was too stoned and pissed to have a clue.

this gig could go 1 of 2 ways

1. axl comes out on time says sorry for last time and treats the dublin fans with a new song

2. pulls his same old tricks gets the same abuse as he did last time

Well Axl ain't gonna apologise so...

What I think will be interesting is how much of an effort he'll make to be on time. He'll be late, naturally, but it wouldn't surprise me if there is a concerted effort to get on stage a little earlier to calm the crowd.

Axl showed the Irish fans a lot of disrespect - they were on stage around 10.25 by reports compared to between 11pm - 12am in America. He had walked off by 11.20 when that's usually the start time but he'd already done an hour apparently. :angry:

He walked off because the "fans" threw bottles over the stage which is clearly seen even while the promoter was speaking to the crowd. I would call that disrespecting the artist especially when it is known from past years that he won't tolerate it (& neither should he). Falling on the stage due to spillage could result in terrible injuries & that is something Ron does not need right now. :no:

Security needs to be really harsh on stoned or drunken fans, they need to be outed right away. Not just for the trouble they cause the band but also to the audience.

If Irish people are different to everybody else in the world then maybe they should try to book afternoon matinee concerts so their evenings aren't ruined by a rock concert starting so late dry.gif

The band didn't disrespect the irish crowd, the promoter told the crowd the wrong time they would be coming on stage. Also, the dublin crowds are well known for having their heads up their arse.

MCD should have just booked them to play Belfast this time round.

this gig could go 1 of 2 ways

1. axl comes out on time says sorry for last time and treats the dublin fans with a new song

2. pulls his same old tricks gets the same abuse as he did last time

Well Axl ain't gonna apologise so...

I could see him apologizing for the events that happened, but not necessarily for his actions. Or he might make a small joke about what happened last time. Didn't he apologize at the Philly show on the UCAP leg for what happened there before?

This concert is a mistake. A lot of Dubliners seem to have zero sympathy for the stuff that was thrown. In my world it is a legitimate reason for ending a show. He has nothing to apologize for. He is always late and if you did not know that you're fkn stupid and if you can't accept it, don't go to the show.

If anything, he should have massive credit for having the balls to go there again.

Why aren't GNR coming back to Odyssey in Belfast this tour?

The fans in Northern Ireland were great and the arena was sold out! Why reward the badly behaved fans in Dublin instead? Should have had another gig at Odyssey, then all the true GNR fans would have made the relatively short trip from Dublin to Belfast to make for an even better show than before.

Guest RonMexico82

None of you people know what the fuck you are talking about. I was there. I know what happened. There is an entire thread about it on here, which you could find if somebody bothered to fix the search function.

As I said previously the O2 Dublin is the fifth busiest concert venue in the world. The only problem is recent years has been GNR.

Dublin is renowned for having some of the best crowds and many artists from all over the world have stated that.

You figure out who is at fault.

Why aren't GNR coming back to Odyssey in Belfast this tour?

The fans in Northern Ireland were great and the arena was sold out! Why reward the badly behaved fans in Dublin instead? Should have had another gig at Odyssey, then all the true GNR fans would have made the relatively short trip from Dublin to Belfast to make for an even better show than before.

MCD was the promoter for both shows and they are cutting back drastically on the number of concerts they hold in NI. We're not even getting Bruce Springsteen this year!

None of you people know what the fuck you are talking about. I was there. I know what happened. There is an entire thread about it on here, which you could find if somebody bothered to fix the search function.

As I said previously the O2 Dublin is the fifth busiest concert venue in the world. The only problem is recent years has been GNR.

Dublin is renowned for having some of the best crowds and many artists from all over the world have stated that.

You figure out who is at fault.

Agree

heading down to this, i was at the belfast show 2 years ago and their performance was phenomenal. bit disappointed they didn't come back to belfast especially when they went down so well!! but fingers crossed this time in dublin it doesn't go tits up