Dublin concert

jackrory

The thing with the Paddys is they have this in-built cunt radar, the Jocks have this too

Aye at the Glasgow show in 06 it started getting a bit raucous as it got closer to 10 pm (they came on at 5 past if I remember correctly) and the atmosphere was a bit edgy (i.e. a load of angry, pished weegies). Standing around for a long time drinking overpriced, shitey watered down beer and having had to endure Bullet For My Valentine and Towers Of London as support wasn't a lot of fun. Was party central when they came on though :)

Edited by Bansidhe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing with the Paddys is they have this in-built cunt radar, the Jocks have this too

Aye at the Glasgow show in 06 it started getting a bit raucous as it got closer to 10 pm (they came on at 5 past if I remember correctly) and the atmosphere was a bit edgy (i.e. a load of angry, pished weegies). Standing around for a long time drinking overpriced, shitey watered down beer and having had to endure Bullet For My Valentine and Towers Of London as support wasn't a lot of fun. Was party central when they came on though :)

oh i remeber that bullet for my valentine were shit lol towers off london were okay, i paid some price for warm irn bru this time im taking water inn. i actually thought it was going to kick off then most left before the end off the show. no wonder tics are still onsale the now.

If I hadn't already seen Guns twice in 2006 I probably would have gone but it's an awfy price for what (give or take a handful more Chi Dem songs) isn't really much different from what I saw then. By the sounds of things though it's a great show for people who have never seen them as you get pretty much all the hits.

That said if I can get hold of a ticket for a bit cheaper I might still pop along.

IThat said if I can get hold of a ticket for a bit cheaper I might still pop along.

The last time in Manchester there was a guy selling tickets for a FIVER no joke after the doors opened. I was thinking about it for Glasgow but couldnt take the risk haha

The last time in Manchester there was a guy selling tickets for a FIVER no joke after the doors opened. I was thinking about it for Glasgow but couldnt take the risk haha

I'm up in Perth but my missus lives in Paisley just 10 mins train ride out of Glasgow so might just hang about the venue and if we don't get cheap ones then it's not that much bother. Real Radio in Glasgow were giving away pairs of tickets (as were stations in the other cities on the tour) which tends to suggest that it's not selling too well so hopefully might be able to get one cheap.

Was checking out ticketmaster today, the show's not selling bad at all..

The lower tiers are all sold out, most of the upper tier is too, standing will most likely be full..

Roll on Thursday!

I think that they will certainly make more tickets available if there was the demand. A lot of those big venues usually put massive curtains up at either side of the main arenas if shows don't sell too well as it helps keep the sound in and obviously doesn't make it look like it's only half full.

I'm up in Perth but my missus lives in Paisley just 10 mins train ride out of Glasgow so might just hang about the venue and if we don't get cheap ones then it's not that much bother. Real Radio in Glasgow were giving away pairs of tickets (as were stations in the other cities on the tour) which tends to suggest that it's not selling too well so hopefully might be able to get one cheap.

real xs keeps plugging the tickets too i never knew real radio where giving away tickets i should have waited and saved myself 50 odd quid :rofl-lol:

Isn't the Glascow show sold out ?

First release was sold out, they put more on sale... I think attendance will be fine :).

Also, Scott, 'mon doon! Last time was the best gig I've ever seen, best crowd I've ever been a part of!

Guest RonMexico82

A number of people on Irish forum boards.ie have said they received an email from MCD/Ticketmaster stating that Axl will be onstage at 9.15pm. Anyone here get that email?

My god be better be on time or there will be trouble, especially if people have received this email.

Found this info on starting times on Irish board forum. Is this real?

18:30 – Doors Open

19:30 – Vengeance & The Panther Queen

20:15 – Thin Lizzy

21:15 – Guns N Roses

What time did the opening act hit the stage in Moscow and then when did Axl go on the other night? Anyway did anyone here go to the last concert in Dublin 2010? What time did the opening act go on?

Edited by Janis

A number of people on Irish forum boards.ie have said they received an email from MCD/Ticketmaster stating that Axl will be onstage at 9.15pm. Anyone here get that email?

My god be better be on time or there will be trouble, especially if people have received this email.

No I didn't get that and I booked with tkemaster. Hopefully that's true and he's on early! Did the email confirm start times of opening acts? Thks!

What time did the opening act hit the stage in Moscow and then when did Axl go on the other night? Anyway did anyone here go to the last concert in Dublin 2010? What time did the opening act go on?

You see that is very misleading. How can GNR go on 1 hour after TL takes the stage? Or maybe that means at 21:15 is when the changeover will start? If that's the case then expect(hope) that GNR come on right around 22:15-22:45

Guest RonMexico82

You see that is very misleading. How can GNR go on 1 hour after TL takes the stage? Or maybe that means at 21:15 is when the changeover will start? If that's the case then expect(hope) that GNR come on right around 22:15-22:45

You do realise that the last time in Dublin they went onstage at 22:20 to a chorus of boos. They need to be onstage at 22:00 AT THE LATEST OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE

Guest gunns5

You do realise that the last time in Dublin they went onstage at 22:20 to a chorus of boos. They need to be onstage at 22:00 AT THE LATEST OR THERE WILL BE TROUBLE

sounds like a threat to me, but I'm sure Axl will take it as a challenge :P

LOL that's fucking prompt for Axl, they musn't have been familiar with much GNR history :question: