Dublin concert

jackrory

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the dublin crowds are well known for having their heads up their arse.

For something so "well known" it's the first time I'm hearing of it.

Whether or not you've heard of it, it's pretty well known.

No it's not you tit. :lol: Axl throwing a strop one night does not make the Dublin crowd universally reviled.

I've been to Dublin many times for concerts and the crowd has been fantastic each and every time.

Guest RonMexico82

Also, the dublin crowds are well known for having their heads up their arse.

For something so "well known" it's the first time I'm hearing of it.

Whether or not you've heard of it, it's pretty well known.

Keep telling yourself that.

He is always late and if you did not know that you're fkn stupid and if you can't accept it, don't go to the show.

If anything, he should have massive credit for having the balls to go there again.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If axl wants to be immature and show up late to gigs, eventually a crowds gunna get pissed. If you ask me axl got wat he deserved, and if he wants to b cute and make a joke about rather than some sort of apology it'll show how mature this 50 y.o. man really is.

He is always late and if you did not know that you're fkn stupid and if you can't accept it, don't go to the show.

If anything, he should have massive credit for having the balls to go there again.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. If axl wants to be immature and show up late to gigs, eventually a crowds gunna get pissed. If you ask me axl got wat he deserved, and if he wants to b cute and make a joke about rather than some sort of apology it'll show how mature this 50 y.o. man really is.

That doesn't apply when conscious thought, free will and decision-making are involved. Those that threw things at the last Dublin show did so because they chose to do so. It was incredibly stupid simply from the perspective of doing that cannot undo the late start time - two wrongs dont make a right. The show I saw in LA at the Forum started at 10:58, and not one person threw anything on stage. As a result, we got an uninterrupted, fantastic show. What was the difference? Choices in what behavior to engage in.

Ali

I'm flying from the UK for this show, can't wait gonna be my 24th time seeing GN'R. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know, just shoot me a PM or post in the thread. Should be an interesting night considering what happened in 2010, I wonder if Axl will say anything about the last show?.

I wanna see Tommy lose it again,

'I dont want a fucking piss bottle to the head'

Haha, classic moment whatever way you look at it. :rofl-lol:

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hit ya (directed at the camera guy) but I don't want another piss bottle to the fuckin head, I want a good show. If you want a good show stick around........"

I just couldn't believe it when I was there in the audience, and Tommy just lobbied his damn Bass at the camera guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by One.In.A.Million

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hit ya (directed at the camera guy) but I don't want another piss bottle to the fuckin head, I want a good show. If you want a good show stick around........"

I just couldn't believe it when I was there in the audience, and Tommy just lobbied his damn Bass at the camera guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have that from youtube but only the voice, I thought that was Axl speaking after he berated the people behind the scenes. Was that Tommy saying that?

The first two shows of the tour have been kinda underwhelming setlist-wise. The shows have been shorter, with 20 and 21 songs per set compared to 24.5 on the UCAP tour earlier this year, and many fans were thought to believe new songs would be premièred (because of GN'R Facebook and a comment from Tommy). If I were to suppress my otherwise sceptical nature, could it be that we are in for a surprise here in Dublin? Dublin was the original start of the tour, and Axl has some making-up to do for 2010. In addition, the promoter has hinted at the band rehearsing new stuff during the unusual large amount of free days leading up to the show. The Moscow shows could have been "warm-up shows" to make sure everything was in working order, with Axl even turning up for soundcheck, before the originally intended start of the tour. Hmm....

Guest gunns5

I don't think Axl is going to risk premiering new songs with the Dublin crowd, in fear of them not being well received

Edited by gunns5

I have that from youtube but only the voice, I thought that was Axl speaking after he berated the people behind the scenes. Was that Tommy saying that?

Yes, it's Tommy saying that.

Guest gunns5

If he really hates the bastards, he'll punish them with debuting the new version of silkworms :xmasssanta:

(I actually like silkwroms btw)

wasn't there a new story a few months back saying there rehearsing new songs for Dublin?

GUNS N’ROSES are to rehearse in Ireland before their forthcoming European tour, MCD promoter Denis Desmond has said.[...] Desmond said the request to play in Ireland came from Rose himself because the singer felt they had “unfinished business”with their Irish fans. [...] “It was his request. The easiest thing for him to do would be to go ‘Oh I’m never coming back again after what happened’ but he wants to come back.” [...] They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

As you see, the article writer only mentions rehearsing for new album, nothing about playing new songs at the show. It is also not a direct quote from the promoter, but presumably paraphrasing.

went to see them in the RDS in 06. was a good show. but from chatting to a few guardi i knew then, they told me the chief(sergeant, whatever) told GnR to go on stage on time or he wouldn't allow them on because he didn't want them to play past the curfew. I remember thinking it was odd how Axl came on right on time when i had been reading about the other european shows around that time he had been coming on late

didn't bother seeing them the last time. i enjoyed the show but i don't think he can charge premium prices for an old act. if it was cheaper i would have gone. hearing about what happened, i'm glad i didn't.

honestly there will not be a riot, trust me, i think they may change venues however(which i would prefer if i was going)

went to see them in the RDS in 06. was a good show. but from chatting to a few guardi i knew then, they told me the chief(sergeant, whatever) told GnR to go on stage on time or he wouldn't allow them on because he didn't want them to play past the curfew. I remember thinking it was odd how Axl came on right on time when i had been reading about the other european shows around that time he had been coming on late

didn't bother seeing them the last time. i enjoyed the show but i don't think he can charge premium prices for an old act. if it was cheaper i would have gone. hearing about what happened, i'm glad i didn't.

honestly there will not be a riot, trust me, i think they may change venues however(which i would prefer if i was going)

I'm pretty much feeling the same. Saw Guns in 2006 at Donington and in Glasgow. It's a great show but tbh I can't be arsed paying the sort of prices they are charging when they're still pretty much playing the same old thing (yes I know there's a handful more Chi Dem songs compared to then). I can understand that it's a good set for casual fans as it covers most of the "hits" but for people who've already seen the band there's not really anything new being offered.

Gunners does anyone have any accurate information as to how well this gig is selling or has sold...i mean in 2010 they sold out belfast and the 02..that bout 25-27000 thosand fans yet in this thread someone says only 8000 tickets sold...that sucks

I know people may be annoyed over last time but bottles were thrown by a few most likely pissed idiots, I was at the gig myself , im Irish and i was a bit annoyed that Axl stood still when he came back on but man did he sing well vocals were just amazing. I just hope this gig happens and if there is 8000 there

at least they are real fans of this current version and i hope GNR GO ALL OUT AND PUT ON A MEGA SHOW..I seen this band 3 times already and am as excited about this gig as I feel DJ has brought spice to this band..Its the best line up since the original 1987 version but man was the 2002 line up with buckethead awesome to but this version is very Gnr and guess what I dont want a reunion...

I hope this gig sells out and that it rocks??????????????/