Dublin concert

jackrory

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to BBA ( :rofl-lol: )

Everyone remembers the 2010 disaster that took place when Guns N Roses took the stage nearly 90 minutes late at O2 Arena. Minutes into the show' date=' bottles were being tossed at the band, Rose specifically, which resulted in Rose stopping the show. "One more bottle and we're going home, we're here to have fun and we hope you are too, but one more and we are gone", threatened Rose. Despite the threat, several songs later another bottle was thrown, prompting Rose to end the show twenty some minutes after the show started.

Now, just two years later, Rose is set to return to the O2 Arena to right any wrongs that may have been made between he and his Irish fans.

I sent an email correspondence with several questions which prompted a response by a staff member of the 02 arena. Below is their reply addressing questions that I had asked.

[i']Hello, Sir.

Thank you for your inquiry. We are very pleased and eager to have Axl Rose and his Guns N Roses back to our arena. We have been in contact with the band's management in the previous weeks. The fans can expect the show to start prompty as scheduled and are guaranteed a performance that won't soon be forgotten. We were promised all of their classic hits in addition to some of their new material.

We look forward to the show and hope that the fans have a great time!

Sincerely,

If it's real, new material will be CD songs so please don't get your hopes up.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

Everyone remembers the 2010 disaster that took place when Guns N Roses took the stage nearly 90 minutes late at O2 Arena. Minutes into the show' date=' bottles were being tossed at the band, Rose specifically, which resulted in Rose stopping the show. "One more bottle and we're going home, we're here to have fun and we hope you are too, but one more and we are gone", threatened Rose. Despite the threat, several songs later another bottle was thrown, prompting Rose to end the show twenty some minutes after the show started.

Now, just two years later, Rose is set to return to the O2 Arena to right any wrongs that may have been made between he and his Irish fans.

I sent an email correspondence with several questions which prompted a response by a staff member of the 02 arena. Below is their reply addressing questions that I had asked.

[i']Hello, Sir.

Thank you for your inquiry. We are very pleased and eager to have Axl Rose and his Guns N Roses back to our arena. We have been in contact with the band's management in the previous weeks. The fans can expect the show to start prompty as scheduled and are guaranteed a performance that won't soon be forgotten. We were promised all of their classic hits in addition to some of their new material.

Sincerely,

No reason to believe that and set yourself up for disappointment.

Guest RonMexico82

A poster over at boards.ie said they overheard some scumbags on a bus saying they were planning on throwing fireworks on stage tonight.

Uh oh...

Guest RonMexico82

He should know better after the fiasco last time. Yet he chooses the same venue and promoter again. Stupidity isn't the word.

[i']Hello, Sir.

Sincerely,

Can we please stop acknowledging this complete tool as a reliable source?

BBA is a sociopathic wanna-be.

I wasn't searched going in last time. Security is a joke in Ireland.

Then I won't blame Axl for leaving thanks to the lame ass security

Ditto this,if they fail to control the crowd,I'd be outta there Pronto. Bands aren't targets for some drunk fuck in the audience to impress his friends with.

Edited by sailaway

This show wil lbe different :)

:rofl-lol:

Attended several shows this year,no two were identical.Fact.

So then what's even the point of saying "This show will be different" if they're all different anyway?

Not really in the mood for the nonsense,the gist of the post referred to the stage rig size,you guys simply trying to be cute.

If Ur not going why do you care? And yeah,they are all different don't regret attending a single one.

Don't take people making jokes so personally!!!

But I will admit that I agree with you on the shows. I saw them last year and most of the show was the same as the prior two shows I saw from the new line-up. But getting to see Civil War was a game changer. Worth the price of admission.

Throw in estranged and how amazing Shacklers sounds live.....and those three new songs made the show a classic.

People need to not nit-pick everything to death and just enjoy the show.

If the band still hasnt released a new album in ten years, i will still go see them on tour. Label me a hater, but it would make the show even cooler if there was new music played.

I like this personality Groghan :thumbsup:

Guest RonMexico82

Beta is management. She knows full well what went down last time and that MCD were a disaster and played a major role in that fiasco. She chose to go with them again. A poor decision.

Beta is management. She knows full well what went down last time and that MCD were a disaster and played a major role in that fiasco. She chose to go with them again. A poor decision.

Desmond said the request to play in Ireland came from Rose himself because the singer felt they had “unfinished business”with their Irish fans.

“We want to keep it simple. The thing is that it is a great show. He [Axl Rose] wants to come back.

It was his request. The easiest thing for him to do would be to go ‘Oh I’m never coming back again after what happened’ but he wants to come back.”

They are also likely to use their time in Ireland to rehearse songs for an anticipated follow-up to their last album Chinese Democracy which took 13 years to complete. “The band like Ireland, they like playing here,” Desmond added. “I think he’s going to come back and deliver an 11 out of 10 show.”

The last bit still intrigues me as we know they have been in rehearsal since arriving in Dublin.

Guest RonMexico82

Surely Ireland of all places should have the tightest security.......

Do you mean in reference to the last gig or what?

I wasn't searched, I was gutted as I would have taken my decent camera if I had known.

Don't doubt it,its not just Ireland with Slacker Security it's the US and a plethoria of other places as well. I've heard from people that weren't searched and were able to get cameras,booze,and knives,mace,past them. Why not simply sneak in some spleef? It's a combination incense and gets u a buzz.

If the security is lax,and can't hold up their end,fuck the shit,not worth the risk or aggravation.

Just Shut up,your stupidity might infect others.

Guest RonMexico82

I wasn't searched, I was gutted as I would have taken my decent camera if I had known.

Don't doubt it,its not just Ireland with Slacker Security it's the US and a plethoria of other places as well. I've heard from people that weren't searched and were able to get cameras,booze,and knives,mace,past them. Why not simply sneak in some spleef? It's a combination incense and gets u a buzz.

If the security is lax,and can't hold up their end,fuck the shit,not worth the risk or aggravation.

Just Shut up,your stupidity might infect others.

:D Someone has sand in their vagina.