Dublin concert

jackrory

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

According to a poster on boards.ie Thin Lizzy are still onstage and showing no signs of leaving.

it's still early.. it's not even 22:45 yet :lol:

There is an 11:45pm curfew at the O2.

According to a poster on boards.ie Thin Lizzy are still onstage and showing no signs of leaving.

it's still early.. it's not even 22:45 yet :lol:

There is an 11:45pm curfew at the O2.

you wanna say to me that Axl gives a crap about curfew's haven't you seen the last UK/Ireland tours... come on.

or Rock in rio for that matter.

he goes on when he feels he's or the band is ready to play. curfew or not 3 hours of gnr rock today is a f*cking dream come true for a lot of people there

specialy after all the trouble Ireland and guns have in common...

Guest RonMexico82

I'll repeat this one last time. The reason why the crowd was so pissed off last time is because they were told that if they didn't have their cars out of the carpark at the venue by midnight they would be fined €120. A week before the gig another band (I think it was Pearl Jam) went over the curfew and the plug was pulled on the gig.

So people fully expected the same to happen to GNR, whether they were willing to pay the fine or not.

I just hope that MCD have announced to the crowd that the curfew will be broken and that their cars are ok after midnight. Otherwise there could be trouble. Loads of casual fans at this gig. Not everyone follows every step that GNR make like you guys. Hardcore fans know the score and are hardly going to cause trouble. Drunk casual fans on the other hand....

see, still early, curfew or not. Guns plays on till the morning hours.

just watch :P

it's been that way since the early days.

it's in the: I'm going to a guns n roses show handguide.

it says here on page 1

1) Guns can come on stage whenever they feel ready, this might be at 21:00 or @ 23:00 hours but still they intent on playing a 3hour show or longer. so waiting can be a bitch but you get results!

2) don't throw shit, or Axl might attack you, or quite the show early

3) behalve nicely and you'll be rewarded.

Lizzy just finished.

YES! New music starts in an hour and fourty.

Na thinking more of the lines in 45 minutes or so, it's mostly 45 minutes for gnr to take the stage after the openers are done.

so hopefully they stick to that. it's normal time for a gear/set change to occur.

the sound guys have to do their thing two, and all the workers to get the gear off stage and people to get the production ready for the show,

it's not just the band that has to be ready, there are a lot of people involved who have to be ready before the shows start.

Lizzy just finished.

YES! New music starts in an hour and fourty.

Na thinking more of the lines in 45 minutes or so, it's mostly 45 minutes for gnr to take the stage after the openers are done.

so hopefully they stick to that. it's normal time for a gear/set change to occur.

the sound guys have to do their thing two, and all the workers to get the gear off stage and people to get the production ready for the show,

it's not just the band that has to be ready, there are a lot of people involved who have to be ready before the shows start.

at a festival that takes 15 minutes max.

Guest RonMexico82

it says here on page 1

1) Guns can come on stage whenever they feel ready, this might be at 21:00 or @ 23:00 hours but still they intent on playing a 3hour show or longer. so waiting can be a bitch but you get results!

Yes but do the crowd know that the curfew will be broken tonight and that GNR have permission to do so? That is what is important.

And lets just say that they don't have permission to break the curfew. How will they finish the gig if the promoter pulls the plug like he did to that other band,

Jesus Christ do I have to spell it out that they need to let the crowd know if there are any special arrangements tonight.

it says here on page 1

Yes but do the crowd know that the curfew will be broken tonight and that GNR have permission to do so? That is what is important.

And lets just say that they don't have permission to break the curfew. How will they finish the gig if the promoter pulls the plug like he did to that other band,

Jesus Christ do I have to spell it out that they need to let the crowd know if there are any special arrangements tonight.

I agree on that part. that promoters or the band's managers should let people know what to expect. it's pretty normal for guns not to hit the stage as early as 22:15 - 22:45 in this case, but if it's true that there will be fines to the people for just parking their cars to see a F*cking great show that would be awefull to them and unrespectfull.

But if today people won't be fined by overparking hours then it should be fine but they should be notified about that which didn't happen the last time I read...

I just hope everything works out great and no one is getting in trouble for the normal lateness of gnr.

and that everyone has a great night and stays safe! that's the most important thing!