Dublin concert

jackrory

I'm really looking forward to the show on June 4th, but I'm affraid it's to soon to expect his rasp. I'm not paying for Guns N' Chipmunks..

I'm not sure, Philly was 9 shows in last time and he was fairly raspy during that show so hopefully by London he'll be fully oiled up. Personally I'm not all that fussed about clean or rasp...what I want is strength to his voice, if its clean and strong, thats fine, if its clean and sounds weak and too airy, then it sounds terrible.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to the show on June 4th, but I'm affraid it's to soon to expect his rasp. I'm not paying for Guns N' Chipmunks..

after one TWAT and one Civil War, i understand that he hasn't much rasp for PC. Look This I love on my video, axl is king.

after one TWAT and one Civil War, i understand that he hasn't much rasp for PC. Look This I love on my video, axl is king.

Very true. Richard's new solo kicked ass too, even though I thought that he didn't have a new one. Much better than Bond.

Thanks for sharing that.

"As you may have heard I had a little accident. I'm learning what I can and can't do. I hope you don't mind me moving less than usual, although I'm probably moving a whole lot more than I was the last time I was here…" Axl (17/05/12 - Dublin

http://www.storiesfromthepit.com/giglist/?currentPage=209

Hahahahaha! Fuckin' Axl!

So they were expected to take the stage with Thin Lizzy?

The "schedule" that was posted earlier yesterday stated 20:15-21:15 would be Thin Lizzy and 21:15 would be Guns. However that still doesn't make them 1.5 hours late. Apparently Thin Lizzy actually left the stage at around 21:45 and Guns took stage at 10:25, making them ~40min late. Though that is still quite late, it's pretty average/normal in GnR's case.

It takes at least 20-30 minutes for the crew to get things ready. That's a minimum for any concert I've been to.

Anyone take note of how late in the setlist Estrange was busted out? Normally it is much earlier in the show. I'm sure it frightened a few people hoping to see it for the first time!

Edited by Coma16

new solo of Fortus ! kickass !

he should be more involved in writing new songs. For the first time since the end of the middle part of Better I hear an irregular rhythm pattern, which I enjoy being a fan of Dream Theater's music. Go Fortus!

and did I mention that the riff is HUGE! I daresay better and more complex than 90% of all GNR riffs.

Edited by the rush

So they were expected to take the stage with Thin Lizzy?

The "schedule" that was posted earlier yesterday stated 20:15-21:15 would be Thin Lizzy and 21:15 would be Guns. However that still doesn't make them 1.5 hours late. Apparently Thin Lizzy actually left the stage at around 21:45 and Guns took stage at 10:25, making them ~40min late. Though that is still quite late, it's pretty average/normal in GnR's case.

It takes at least 20-30 minutes for the crew to get things ready. That's a minimum for any concert I've been to.

Oh, I know. Especially with their rig set-up. It really just depends on what the band's stage and sound set-up is like. Some are very basic and are ready to go on within 15 mins while others can take 30-40 mins.

he should be more involved in writing new songs. For the first time since the end of the middle part of Better I hear an irregular rhythm pattern, which I enjoy being a fan of Dream Theater's music. Go Fortus!

Fortus did not write anything on CD

hence my comment

and did I mention that the riff is HUGE! I daresay better and more complex than 90% of all GNR riffs.

Agreed. Hopefully we can have a better recording of this one, it was really interesting.