Dublin concert

jackrory

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there last night (flew in from Germany in the morning).

Arena was about 2/3 full so about 6/7000 people there I'd say. A lot less people there

than last time, though on the positive side the mood was a lot better. I think the support

band (Thin Lizzy) made a big difference in helping the mood. No booing or throwing things.

GNR was absolutely fantastic, best GNR concert that I've been to. I've learned

to treat the lack of new music as being separate issue from the live concert; live

this setlist is really good. I was quite excited when there was a time came on

but got a very muted response. The classics got really good response from audience.

any videos of Ashba's new Mi Amore version?

According to Ashba that it was so awesome that it was impossible for any electronic to catch. According to the internet cupcakes, it sucked so bad that they refused to waste the batteries to record it.

For me, I don't know.

Edited by Billy B

Estranged and Civil War are back and There Was a Time was played too! How awesome is that! With the doom and gloom being expressed in the Russia show threads, one would have imagined that the world was ending but here we are back to the long shows. :thumbsup:

I hope There Was a Time stays on the setlist. They will get better and better till they get to the point that we fans cant handle it anymore!

Guest RonMexico82

My brother was at the gig and he said that Axls vocals were drowned out in the mix all night. He was in the standing section. Seems not to have been the case for those in the upper tier. Anyone else experience/hear reports of this. He enjoyed the gig but felt that something was missing.

My brother was at the gig and he said that Axls vocals were drowned out in the mix all night. He was in the standing section. Seems not to have been the case for those in the upper tier. Anyone else experience/hear reports of this. He enjoyed the gig but felt that something was missing.

I was in the upper clear; vocals were very clear

That vid of NR was taken in standing section and sounded like the mic was proper. However, cameras catch different sounds than the ears.

Glad he enjoyed the gig. Too bad you couldn't be there with him!

Edited by Coma16

Both these reviews are missing There Was a Time from the setlist and seem to be exaggerating the "lateness". From what I read in this thread, GN'R started only an hour after Thin Lizzy:

GUNS N ROSES SMASH OUT THREE HOUR PERFORMANCE IN DUBLIN

Despite being typically late to their show (an hour and a half late, to be exact), Axl Rose and co. managed to wow the crowd with an epic 170 minute performance from 10:30 – 1:20am.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/172690/9

Pyrotechnics, six costume changes, a cover of the Pink Panther theme tune and the band's now traditional late arrival on stage marked the 21-song set that got underway at 10:25pm - nearly an hour and a half after the band's expected stage time.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/63857

Both these reviews are missing There Was a Time from the setlist and seem to be exaggerating the "lateness". From what I read in this thread, GN'R started only an hour after Thin Lizzy:

GUNS N ROSES SMASH OUT THREE HOUR PERFORMANCE IN DUBLIN

Despite being typically late to their show (an hour and a half late, to be exact), Axl Rose and co. managed to wow the crowd with an epic 170 minute performance from 10:30 – 1:20am.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/172690/9

Pyrotechnics, six costume changes, a cover of the Pink Panther theme tune and the band's now traditional late arrival on stage marked the 21-song set that got underway at 10:25pm - nearly an hour and a half after the band's expected stage time.

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/63857

So they were expected to take the stage with Thin Lizzy?

So they were expected to take the stage with Thin Lizzy?

The "schedule" that was posted earlier yesterday stated 20:15-21:15 would be Thin Lizzy and 21:15 would be Guns. However that still doesn't make them 1.5 hours late. Apparently Thin Lizzy actually left the stage at around 21:45 and Guns took stage at 10:25, making them ~40min late. Though that is still quite late, it's pretty average/normal in GnR's case.

Edited by KiraMPD