Are you think we got a new album within 10 years?

Strange Broue

Conglaturation !!!

You have completed a great game.

And Prooved the justice of our culture.

Now go and rest our heroes!

AVGN.jpg

Bimmy and Jimmy approve this message.

With great autism comes great responsibility.

I think we'll definitely get a new album within 10 years, but I still don't see it being as soon as we'd hope. I'd give it another 3-5 years before another album is released, I hope I'm wrong though...

I agree, but I think we still have a chance for 2013 if all the stars are aligned.

I don't mean to sound negative, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get the odd leak or soundtrack song without an official new album for a long time, if again. For whatever reason, Axl's very hesitant to put out new music. Listen to the CD demos/leaks from 2000 until we got the album - he just kept tinkering with them. Then people would get sick of it and leave the band, so new people came in with new ideas for tinkering. He does seem to have the perfectionist "it's not good enough yet" mindset. He seems to take it too seriously - just release music, let people here it, judge it, tour it, then make more music. The guy's going to get shit on no matter what he does, and he has for years, who cares if people don't like new music?

I had some hope earlier this year from the TMS interview, the Times News (or whatever it was) interview when Axl said he wanted to put new stuff out this year, then the Facebook post a few days ago...but now, not so much. Seems like the same old same old tour is content to roll on.

My guess is something will come out in 2013. At that point it will be the 5th anniversary of CD. I can't imagine another decade + wait at this point. I'm would assume Axl will probably stop touring by the time he's 60, so he's gotta have some new stuff to play in the next couple of years. I can't imagine his voice being still able to hold up live in a decade. Considering he sang most of Appetite when he was around 24, it's pretty amazing he can still pull those songs off...most of the time. :) But who knows? I think Brian Johnson (AC/DC) is his early 60's and he is still out there. For me, I would rather have more new music at this point than tours. Axl can always record until he drops if he wants.