I saw Slash last night

k12

and I must say I was disappointed

I saw his previous set lists, and basically on this tour (when he is not playing festivals) he plays a 20 song set list, with 5 GNR songs, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, SCOM, Paradise City, then it seems he either plays Mr. Brownstone or My Michelle

However last night it seemed he dropped the Mr. Brownstone My Michelle and only played the first 4

I must say I was pretty upset, I went into the show thinking maybe he might play 6 GNR songs as I saw he played 6 GNR songs in Toronto a few weeks ago and in his past tours he seemed to play 7 or 8 GNR songs in his set

but 4 GNR songs?

Needless to say I was upset

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw his previous set lists, and basically on this tour (when he is not playing festivals) he plays a 20 song set list, with 5 GNR songs, Nightrain, Rocket Queen, SCOM, Paradise City, then it seems he either plays Mr. Brownstone or My Michelle

However last night it seemed he dropped the Mr. Brownstone My Michelle and only played the first 4

I must say I was pretty upset, I went into the show thinking maybe he might play 6 GNR songs as I saw he played 6 GNR songs in Toronto a few weeks ago and in his past tours he seemed to play 7 or 8 GNR songs in his set

but 4 GNR songs?

He's like promoting an album you know?

I'd also like to hear more GnR songs but it's logical that he plays more new stuff

perhaps, but most people want to hear old GNR, and playing GNR is a staple, I doubt he would get much of crowds if he did not play any GNR

like I said, based on his past set lists when he was headlining shows, this was about the worst set list he played from a GNR fan point of view

based on his past set lists when he was headlining shows, this was about the worst set list he played from a GNR fan point of view

I guess, but when he played with VR or Snakepit, he'd only do maybe 2 or 3 per set.

What was the setlist anyway?

Edited by moreblack

Other than the number of songs was the show actually good? How does it compare to a GNR show?

it was a good show, definitely high points were Rocket Queen, Nightrain , SCOM

comparing it to the "New" Guns N Roses

not even close, basically with Axls New Band you are getting a Guns N Roses show, this was basically Slash and his new band playing songs that have covered Slash entire career from his solo stuff to Velvet Revolver and he played a cover which was cool to hear (communication breakdown by zeppelin)

However I will say the energy when you see Slash up there playing Nightrain and SCOM is nothing like you will get at a "New" Guns N Roses show

but 4 GNR songs?

It's a Slash show for fucks sake, not a G N' R show. Slash has a huge back catalogue and he can choose between a lot of songs so that he don't have to play the same set as 10 years ago.

but 4 GNR songs?

It's a Slash show for fucks sake, not a G N' R show. Slash has a huge back catalogue and he can choose between a lot of songs so that he don't have to play the same set as 10 years ago.

same set as 10 years ago? try the same set as the week before, or even when he was playing 7 or 8 GNR songs that was in Europe and South America last year

the show I went to got hosed from a GNR point of view

Did he do a spotlight solo? Haven't seen one or the godfather on the setlists....

he had some extended solos like during Rocket Queen he had an extended solo in the middle, but nothing like those Godfather solos he had

Setlist, pics, vids from last night in Madison

Mean Bone

Dirty Little Thing

Nightrain

Back From Cali

Ghost

Standing in The Sun

Rocket Queen

Dr Alibi

Speed Parade

Apocalyptic Love

Fall To Pieces

Watch This

Starlight

Communication Breakdown

Just Like Anything

You're A Lie

Sweet Child O' Mine

Slither

By The Sword

Paradise City

source: SlashFrance

:thumbsup:

but 4 GNR songs?

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. :rolleyes:

If that's the standard by which you judge a live show....please...

the bigger concern is that they're only doing 3 new songs...

Actually, I think that's good for now. He's controlling what he wants out when. He knows people will take vids and post on YouTube. I was honestly only expecting 1, max 2, songs from AL until its release. So 3 is more than I would've expected. Just my guess, but they're making such a deal out of the release show in NYC on Tues that I'm thinking they'll end up playing a good chunk of, if not all of AL at that show. Then they'll play 4-6 songs each show from it. Probably rotating songs in and out of the set list. Again, just my thoughts on how it'll go, but I could end up being way off.

but 4 GNR songs?

Boo. Fucking. Hoo. :rolleyes:

If that's the standard by which you judge a live show....please...

ok a-hole, like I said thats my own point of view, most of the people who went to the show who I spoke to said they had a great time

I went in thinking he will play at least 5 GNR songs as that has been his staple from his current tour, but maybe I might hear a 6th

but 4 songs? the least amount of GNR songs he has played from pretty much any headling show he has done

yea I was pissed

Go fuck yourself