Should there be a New Guns section on mygnrforum?

The Archer

Should there be separate Old Guns, New Guns sections and general discussion sections?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Broskirose

Merge D&N with the Old GNR sections. Discuss all lineups in one section. I believe that the seperation of sections is part of the reason some people are so hostile to old/new lineups around here. This is how you bring peace to GNR fandom. Observe.

Check out this awesome GNR video! Slash's solo rocks!

Check out this awesome GNR video! Bumblefoot's solo rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFjRQp2sxdU

I don't see it being very practical seeing as how the General Discussion is mainly about the Current Gn'R, which is New Gn'R.

The original Guns section is there for those who want to discuss that era.

I think that it should all be merged. It would be kind of boring if we all stuck to a section and sat there agreeing with each other all day.

Maybe they should add a New GN'R section for the people that disagree with me, but I honestly think that this would still be far more popular. I think that a New GN'R section would be just as slow as the Former Members section after the novelty of having it wore off.

Just my 2 cents.

Merge D&N with the Old GNR sections. Discuss all lineups in one section. I believe that the seperation of sections is part of the reason some people are so hostile to old/new lineups around here. This is how you bring peace to GNR fandom.

Agree. Some people waste more posts on letting other people know "wrong section" instead of adding anything worthwhile to the actual topic. Being able to discuss ALL incarnations of the band in one area should help alleviate those particular tedious arguments and allow fans the freedom to post wherever they want.

Merge D&N with the Old GNR sections. Discuss all lineups in one section. I believe that the seperation of sections is part of the reason some people are so hostile to old/new lineups around here. This is how you bring peace to GNR fandom.

Agree. Some people waste more posts on letting other people know "wrong section" instead of adding anything worthwhile to the actual topic. Being able to discuss ALL incarnations of the band in one area should help alleviate those particular tedious arguments and allow fans the freedom to post wherever they want.

This....read my mind P4A

i feel like fans more focused on the nugnr era claim "there's only one band named gnr" whenever it helps to prove some bizarre point. but then they want a separate section cordoned off to discuss the "old band."

i think the separate sections idea evolved in an era when there were still a good number of fans who could convince themselves of axl's hyperbolic b.s. about future rounds he'd be fighting with gnr. but by now, it's pretty apparent to most that there's no real hope in him launching a new nugnr with more volumes of left overs from the failed chinese democracy years. so there's no real need to try and protect him or the small, small minority of those left on the forum who've yet to come to terms with the obvious. in my mind, having one gnr discussion section would allow the forum discussions to reflect discussions more casual, real world, non-forum fans tend to have. it's somewhat challenging and constricting for smart, non-delusional people to talk about the current state of axl's band when the conversational paradigm treats axl's relevance and future success as a given and any skeptic as a hater.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

I agree with both of you!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I agree with both of you!

Me too. HRS put it nicely too.

I think there should be separate subforums at the top, but in the same main forum, kind of like how My World and Anything Goes used to be. We'll be neighbors.

Nevermind, read Randy's idea below.

Edited by grigori

I think that they should merge the New GNR section with the Old GNR section. New GNR doesn't release enough new music to warrant its own section anymore, and the forum would be more interesting if we were able to talk about all eras of GNR in one section.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I don't see it being very practical seeing as how the General Discussion is mainly about the Current Gn'R, which is New Gn'R.

I think that they should merge the New GNR section with the Old GNR section. New GNR doesn't release enough new music to warrant its own section anymore, and the forum would be more interesting if we were able to talk about all eras of GNR in one section.

Old GNR isn't releasing music either.

Exactly. There has always been a dedicated section for the old era so why cant people discuss the old band there?

Merging everything will significantly worsen a trend we already have - dragging every thread about the current members into a tired old whine-fest about the glory of the past and wonderfully constructive posts like "who cares what a hired hand does anyway". Right now we can at least point out to such posters that there's no need to divert the thread, cupcake etc.

Merging the sections is useful only if you want to make every thread into an old band vs new band/ Axl vs Slash drama. Its plain boring.

Since the old Guns section is so rarely used and we see interviews with Slash and shit pop up here and get tonnes of comments that would get none over there, I don't see why molding them would be a bad idea.

Just imagine, like, if we could have a big discussion on the Illusion records or whatever. It would never get going there but it would here. As is, if we started it here it would get moved there! I don't think what few topics get started there being here would be too bad a thing.

That proves the point you're trying to argue against. The very fact that nothing newsworthy happens from old or new gnr is exactly why they should be merged.

^^^

Is this the official stance of all the mods and the admins?

NB -

1) there is a difference between 'is mainly about the Current GN'R and is about Current GN'R'. It really isn't clear what the D&N is for.

2) The original Guns section may well be for those who want to discuss that era, but there are lots of Gilby and Slash and Izzy and Duff topics in the D&N section.