"In my opinion, fans would rather have us put out music than tour" - BBF

The Glow Inc.

a new album featuring dj and bumble cannot come out until the next 2 chinese records featuring robin, bucket, tommy, and brain come out first

Says? Source?

it's been reported axl wants chinese democracy to be a trilogy. robin, bucket, and brain recorded tons of material that didn't make the first chinese record. songs in the can. ready 2 go. on the next couple of chinese democracy albums. the best dj and bumble can hope for is axl lets them do a few tweaks. like axl let bumble tweak a little on chinese democracy. until everything recorded from the original chinese democracy band is released, di and bumble continue waiting and touring

It was previously reported that CD was supposed to come out the majority of the years between 2002 and 2008, that doesn't mean that plans in the Guns camp don't change.

If anyone here that dislikes Axl can agree with me on one thing, it's that he's unpredictable.

Edit: Setlist aside.

axl's unpredictable.his unpredictability leads to 3 hour live shows. eve if they are mostly classic guns songs, solos, and jams. but axl won't shortchange robin and bucket on future chinese democracy releases. they worked to hard and long with axl in the studio during the sessions for axl to reward them with pennies instead of millions

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At most, I can see Axl mixing unreleased songs with newly written songs on the next album. He has some loyalty to the band he's with now. He stated that as a reason for not attending the HoF.

no doubt axl has loyalty to dj and bumble. but he recorded the chinese songs during the sessions with robin and bucket. there's a ton unreleased of those songs. i believe axl will put these songs on the front burner. and when axl's vision of the chinese trilogy is out with these songs, a new album mostly of dj and bumble is recorded and released under the guns n roses name

Edited by finck6

At most, I can see Axl mixing unreleased songs with newly written songs on the next album. He has some loyalty to the band he's with now. He stated that as a reason for not attending the HoF.

no doubt axl has loyalty to dj and bumble. but he recorded the chinese songs during the sessions with robin and bucket. there's a ton unreleased of those songs. i believe axl will put these songs on the front burner. and when axl's vision of the chinese trilogy is out with these songs, a new album mostly of dj and bumble is recorded and released under the guns n roses name

Chinese was a success, but it didn't exactly light the world on fire. I think that the present band would all quit if Axl wanted to release an album with none of them having writing credits. Those two points together tell me that if another album ever gets released, it will feature this band.

Chinese was a success, but it didn't exactly light the world on fire. I think that the present band would all quit if Axl wanted to release an album with none of them having writing credits. Those two points together tell me that if another album ever gets released, it will feature this band.

I agree! I think the next record will be a combination of new and old.

how can dj and bumble have writing credits when robin and bucket recorded the songs? what if robin and bucket also have writing credits with the unheard and unreleased songs they recorded with axl? do you not give them credit? i understand you want the current lineup to release an album of all new material. at the same time you can't forget the nu-gnr before them "robin" "bucket" "tommy" "richard" "dizzy" "chris" and "brain" have recorded tons of new material that'll be released first

how can dj and bumble have writing credits when robin and bucket recorded the songs? what if robin and bucket also have writing credits with the unheard and unreleased songs they recorded with axl? do you not give them credit? i understand you want the current lineup to release an album of all new material. at the same time you can't forget the nu-gnr before them "robin" "bucket" "tommy" "richard" "dizzy" "chris" and "brain" have recorded tons of new material that'll be released first

You are completely misunderstanding me. I think that part of the album will be written by Robin and Bucket, and part of the album will be written by Ashba, Ron and Fortus. It will be a mix, or there will be no band to tour it.

You are completely misunderstanding me. I think that part of the album will be written by Robin and Bucket, and part of the album will be written by Ashba, Ron and Fortus. It will be a mix, or there will be no band to tour it.

okay. i understand you. i'd like you to understand the majority of the solos and riffs will be robin and bucket on the next album. you can't dis-guard all the songs they recorded during the chinese sessions. especially with the fact robin and bucket recorded more songs with axl than dj and bumble have recorded in studio with axl

Edited by finck6

okay. i understand you. i'd like you to understand the majority of the solos and riffs will be robin and bucket on the next album. you can't dis-guard all the songs they recorded during the chinese sessions. especially with the fact robin and bucket recorded more songs with axl than dj and bumble have recorded in studio with axl

I'm not too sure about that. Axl might want to replace Bucket's and Robin's parts on the songs that they wrote too. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did.

I'm not too sure about that. Axl might want to replace Bucket's and Robin's parts on the songs that they wrote too. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did.

I think he will (whenever he decides to release them). It would be stupid to release an album without the current members and played by people that having nothing to do with GnR anymore for some time now (Although it'd still be a shame).

I think he will (whenever he decides to release them). It would be stupid to release an album without the current members and played by people that having nothing to do with GnR anymore for some time now (Although it'd still be a shame).

Well, we don't really know if it would be a shame. I'm sure that someday we'll find out though.

it would surprise me if axl did that to robin and bucket on the next record. it's like working for a company. like IBM. and then getting outsourced. all your hard work for nothing. wiped out by someone you have to train taking your job in india

Am I the only one who thinks Ron just doesn't care anymore? I feel like he's trying to pull a Matt Sorum.

I'm not talking about caring about music, I'm talking about how much pain he's in and I believe he's weighing the gain and the loss of touring now.

Edited by iftheworld

The band should release new music..the fans want it, the band wants it, unfortunately, it's axls call. Get steppin old man! :P

Axl is probably too busy hating Slash these days to do a new record. And the new guys probably have never actually rehearsed and try to write songs together with Axl as a whole. So this band as a songwriting team, practically never existed, and no-one knows if it would even work out. So a new album with the current band is something completely fictionary at the moment.

Edited by izzydoezit

The band should release new music..the fans want it, the band wants it, unfortunately, it's axls call. Get steppin old man! :P

Axl is probably too busy hating Slash these days to do a new record. And the new guys probably have never actually rehearsed and try to write songs together with Axl as a whole. So this band as a songwriting team, practically never existed, and no-one knows if it would even work out. So a new album with the current band is something completely fictionary at the moment.

What?

Edited by iftheworld

Wishful thinking by BBF. If new music was put out and more of the setlist consisted of new material, then probably crowd attendances would soon drop to club levels.

I disagree.

The band is getting pretty strong reviews for their live performances.

A new album, with a couple good singles, would increase the attendance at future shows.

People act like CD was a failure. It still sold around 4 million copies, which is a pretty strong number.

GnR is playing something like 30 songs per show now. Adding 4-5 new songs to that set-list isn't going to make fans stop showing up. Drop Motivation, Rosie, OTGM and Sorry...........add 4 new songs........I think you'd see an increase in crowd numbers. Especially if the new album had a hit or two on it.

IMO, CD is a classic album. I still can't believe that Better wasn't a huge rock hit.

I think if they release another album just as good as CD, the band will be in great shape.

Wishful thinking by BBF. If new music was put out and more of the setlist consisted of new material, then probably crowd attendances would soon drop to club levels.

I disagree.

The band is getting pretty strong reviews for their live performances.

A new album, with a couple good singles, would increase the attendance at future shows.

People act like CD was a failure. It still sold around 4 million copies, which is a pretty strong number.

GnR is playing something like 30 songs per show now. Adding 4-5 new songs to that set-list isn't going to make fans stop showing up. Drop Motivation, Rosie, OTGM and Sorry...........add 4 new songs........I think you'd see an increase in crowd numbers. Especially if the new album had a hit or two on it.

IMO, CD is a classic album. I still can't believe that Better wasn't a huge rock hit.

I think if they release another album just as good as CD, the band will be in great shape.

i don't think cd sold a million in america. the 4 million figure comes from international sales.

even if crowds would want classic hits over new material. i believe in taking chances. you gotta take a chance

gnr plays 30 songs. new material doesn't dominate the songs played. every member is nu except axl and dizzy. everybody else is nu. play new material. cut out solos and jams. take a chance

better would've been a big hit if it was releases as the first single and had a cool music video behind it

chinese has been completely sold out at best buy for well over a year.

plus itunes sales.

plus the non-best buy release in 2010, which is also completely sold out

how much did chinese sell in u.s. vs. international sales? what are the accurate figures?

I am sorry define "new" members. Out side of DJ and Bumble lot of those members have been in gnr longer then the "classic" ones. That being said, new music and epic power ballads plus anything fink/bucket recorded id love to be released