Rotterdam, The Netherlands

When I went to see the Buckethead line up in London Arena, I simply walked upto the ticket office and paid for a ticket. I then headed to a pub and had a few beers. I then walked into the venue, zero que, as Weezer were already on stage. Got to my seat, and got to hear Weezer perform Buddy Holly (great track). I'm pretty sure they quit the stage about that time to. The seat I was in was near the front, to the side. I took a walk down the stairs to ground level to where all the people were standing. They were on the other side of the fence. I was chatting to this long hair dude. We managed to get out hands stamped with a red star (ink) in exchange for a cigarette. There I was 3 rows from the front of the stage. Before I knew it, Axl was there on stage, and I was being cruchsed by the audience. It was hot in there. My GN'R t-shit and leather belt was trenched in sweat. Once the gig was over and was back at my car, it was instant t-shirt swap.

Edited by vaida

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I am!!! Can't wait for estranged and CW!!!!

Hved du om der er nogen der kører sammen fra Dk til Tyskland d. 8 juni??

Huh, what???? Think you are confusing me with somebody else :question:

The tour is fairly different from the 2006 tour, although admittedly it's fairly similar to 2010 as this is simply an additional leg on the same tour as 2010.

How are you sure? They have different names. Is there something official that makes one tour not just another leg of another tour?

To be on front row

Or...."excuse me, sorry I need to get through, excuse me....and such and such. That's how I roll at least. I'm always late for gigs lol.

Oh, you're one of those people always trying to get my front row spot five minutes before the concert starts <_<

YES! FUCK YOU THATS MY SPOT! :rofl-lol: I'm also the guy who if he doesn't get that spot will start a mosh behind you so you get crushed between us and the barrier :rofl-lol:

I hope you have a good time at the gig, though.

Hello - Does Anybody want to come to the VIP at Rotterdam tomorrow with me? I have booked and paid for 2 people but my friend has fallen I'll and can't make it. If anyone is interested, please pm me and we can discuss cost and where to meet etc. sorry if this is the wrong thread for this - I'm new here!

Does anyone knows when the doors will open?

Doors open at 18:30h.

Rival Sons start: 20:00h.

GNR scheduled start: 21:00h. although the band is not expected to finish at 23:00h. The promotor MOJO expects the band to go on stage later than 21:00h, based on the previous shows in oher countries. The promotor advices people to avoid using public tranportation, advices car instead. Also the promotor has arranged bus transfer from venue to train station iafter the show, but please keep in mind the night-schedule of the Dutch train net with limited reach/destination.

Promotor MOJO sent out an email on 31May2012 with this additional info and the extra measures to everybody who bought tickets online.

Rotterdam is well prepared for a late start by GNR. I took half a day off tomorrow morning, so bring on the fucking night show, woooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock3 rock1 rock2 rock4

Is it possible to still get in after 21.00 uur? I am not going early, no need not standing tickets?

Great weather to wait outside the whole day, by the way.....NOT!

Ofcourse cold and raining, whish all the people who are waiting well, don't get a cold!

I am one of those persons, who put a beer in each hand, than shouting 'coming trough, coming trough', works every time :lol: always brings my to line 3 or something off stage. But this time, don't worry, I am going to sit, I will not bother you ;)

Edited by MBRose

Guest Broskirose

GNR scheduled start: 21:00h. although the band is not expected to finish at 23:00h. The promotor MOJO expects the band to go on stage later than 21:00h, based on the previous shows in oher countries. The promotor advices people to avoid using public tranportation, advices car instead. Also the promotor has arranged bus transfer from venue to train station iafter the show, but please keep in mind the night-schedule of the Dutch train net with limited reach/destination.

Promotor MOJO sent out an email on 31May2012 with this additional info and the extra measures to everybody who bought tickets online.

Rotterdam is well prepared for a late start by GNR. I took half a day off tomorrow morning, so bring on the fucking night show, woooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rock3 rock1 rock2 rock4

Doesn't even make sense for GNR to go on an hour after Rival Sons starts...I'm assuming they play around 45 mins or longer and then the set change takes about a half hour.

Doesn't even make sense for GNR to go on an hour after Rival Sons starts...I'm assuming they play around 45 mins or longer and then the set change takes about a half hour.

EXACTLY. And this is how the press calculate their bullshit reports of GNR being 3 hours late. I wonder who makes these schedules and why? Is this done for ticket sales purpose? As in more people would come to a 21:00h show start on Monday than to a 22:30h show start?

To be on front row

Or...."excuse me, sorry I need to get through, excuse me....and such and such. That's how I roll at least. I'm always late for gigs lol.

When do you know when to stop? I mean... the person you stand in front of is gonna get really pissed off.

To be on front row

When do you know when to stop? I mean... the person you stand in front of is gonna get really pissed off.

When you almost get hit ofcourse! That's as far I go ;)