Rotterdam, The Netherlands

I think I saw you RQ! Also on screen, was looking out for you.

Saw the limo while driving home, damnit he was at a gassstation, should have looked closer. Was it a really big one? Guess he stayed in Amsterdam. Since tonight they play in France, he probably left early to get some sleep.

He had a lot of contact with first row, but also were I was standing/ sitting when moved. My friend took lots of picturs and filmed NR and another song (? Forgot which). Will try to post it later.

My friend, who is a singer, was really impressed by his voice. Personally thought his voice was better than 2010 Arnhem. But can be, cause I was sitting very close to the stage this time and Ahoy is smaller, with a better sound.

What I also found interesting, this was not a 'sausage fest'. Lots of woman, beautifull and young, screaming for Axl. Kind of suprising.

A lot of young people by the way. Even singing along CD songs, but the older fans still use those songs to take a piss.

I felt kind of sad, that it was not sold out. They deserve more than that even whithout, you know who. Comparing with the old days it's kind of sadning.

Estranged and CW were awesome! Especially the first one was really impressing hearing live. I admit it almost made me cry, such a great song. By the way, most people on the floor seemed to be real fans, cause as soon those songs started they started screaming really loud. The energy of the floor was great, I whished I could have be there! Typical Dutch when sitting, they hardly move anymore :tongue2:

Thank god, after moved it got a lot better!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something weird happened.

The band actually started earlier than I expected :D

I missed the first song, because I thought "this is GnR, they probably start around 11pm.. let's get a drink". So there I was, just finished my drink around 22:30, went to the toilet.. and then all of a sudden the band starts playing :rofl-lol:

Anyways.. I really enjoyed the concert. The band was on fire :)

And I finally got to see Civil War live rock2

Something weird happened.

The band actually started earlier than I expected :D

I missed the first song, because I thought "this is GnR, they probably start around 11pm.. let's get a drink". So there I was, just finished my drink around 22:30, went to the toilet.. and then all of a sudden the band starts playing :rofl-lol:

Same here, I even arrived at 22.00, got some drinks and suddenly...it started! I was like: WTF! :shock:

Couldn't go to the seats, untill a CD song, kind of funny :rofl-lol:

Holy fuck!! I loved the show, Axl and the whole band!!!! they rocked!!!!! My favourite moment was definitely when the lights went out...splitting the atom (intro) turning into CHINESE DEMOCRACY!! thats an amazing moment and so cooL!!! it really surprised me that they started that "soon"!!

The first few songs from CD to Estranged where mindblowing! Rocket Queen, still a kick ass song! Then the solo's started, and the momentum was broken. Still, I really enjoyed the show.

Axl looked and sounded great (but did I hear a diturbing backing track during "Sorry" and "Shackler's"?)

And Frank Ferrer: great drummer! He adds some really great grooves to a few songs (Brownstone, RQ, YCBM,...)

And the opening band Rival Sons: I really dig them, listening to them right now!

Edited by pollyblue

A LOT OF NEW SONGS!

last show from GNr in rotterdam

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

(Paul McCartney & Wings cover)

Attitude

(Misfits cover)

Bad Obsession

Welcome to the Jungle

Patience

(Wild Horses (Intro))

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

November Rain

(with It's Alright (Intro))

You Could Be Mine

Drum Solo

(Matt Sorum)

Slash Guitar Solo

(Slash)

Speak Softly Love

(Andy Williams cover) (Godfather Theme)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

(Bob Dylan cover) (with intro of Only Women Bleed)

Don't Cry

Paradise City

This post should be a reality check to those complaining about solos and Axl not "caring" enough.

lolwut?

Well its a reminder to those who complain that GN'R do too many solos now and that Axl is not on stage all the time, that solos and oxygen breaks have been staples of GNR shows for a long time.

Unfortunately my phones takes awful picture. So I played around with the colors and cut out some stuff to make some of them look decent:

224826_3919492943292_1158584224_3479442_1062981527_n.jpg

165916_3919493863315_1158584224_3479447_151117932_n.jpg

575139_3919492383278_1804416461_n.jpg

Cool man thanks for sharing! I'm digging the UK jeans :thumbsup:

Do I need to say anything else?

e87hb4.jpg

Edit: I will, haha, The whole band was amazing, Axl sounded Great! Got to meet Bumble, Richard, Dizzy and Frank!

Too fuckin' cool...congrats!!!!

Edited by volcano62

Best fricking r&r live show I've ever seen! Last night was killer. This blew the 2010 show in Antwerp and the 2006 show in Nijmegen out of the water. The current GNR is in TOP shape. Everybody in my group was amazed at how good Axl's voice was, he nailed every note. My best friend is a die-hard Slash fan, and he became an immediate Bumblefoot fan last night. He was flabbergasted at how fantastic Civil War and Estranged sounded compared to his UYI DVDs. Any journalist want to write about GNR should pick up his/her pen today and report about this EPIC 3 hour show of the best current live band out there!!! rock3

P.S. Anyone bitching about the set list, please visit a show. Last night's setlist works best for the actual show people come to see. It is the perfect setlist for the audiences that actually buy tickets and go see the shows. Much better than an internet though guy fanboy ultimate rare song wish set list that should change each night with each different venue and thus different audience, which would not make sense anyway. Rock on, and definitely see you Friday!

I've heard parts of the bootleg from a professional taper, Axl sounds absolutely dire. He tries really hard but he's got to put up a rasp and he just can't do it anymore. Without the rasp it's Mickey all over again.